Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RD Headset
Why doesn't RD have access to both the medical and Research radios.

Perhaps HS could come back and serve as a medical head, but if that doesn't happen why not combine both radio channels into one, or change the :h or whatever to a specific letter.
I've always felt that even though the RD is the supervisor of Medbay, Robotics, and Genetics he really acts like he is only in charge of Research. I like the Idea of making of Medical-Research headset as I think that will encourage people to actually use it.
Maybe the RD could have a medical channel intercom in his office? It would also be a valid option to take away the RD's authority over medbay and allow the HS to be a real boy once more, since you don't have to worry about balancing heads for rev mode any more.

Please don't combine medical and research into one channel. The research staffs theory and research talk ought to be separate from the (rarely used) medical emergency talk.
Wydamn Wrote:Maybe the RD could have a medical channel intercom in his office? It would also be a valid option to take away the RD's authority over medbay and allow the HS to be a real boy once more, since you don't have to worry about balancing heads for rev mode any more.

Please don't combine medical and research into one channel. The research staffs theory and research talk ought to be separate from the (rarely used) medical emergency talk.
Isn't it more effective to report medical emergencies in the ; channel than in some job-specific channel? It's not like medical doctors are going to be the only ones rescuing the injured -- if they are, they'll be incredibly inefficient. The only reason I could see a private channel for medical doctors being used (since they usually stay in one room for the whole round or become a paramedic and ignore the medbay) is for general chatter. Engineers and security have to collaborate within their departments. Medical things tend to be a one-man job unless a civilian is doing CPR or something.
FrontlineAcrobat4 Wrote:I like the Idea of making of Medical-Research headset as I think that will encourage people to actually use it.

YES! I have suggested this many times and usually have heard other people agree, but I don't know why it has never been added. IT ONLY MAKES SENSE TO BE ON THE SAME CHANNEL SINCE THEY HAVE THE SAME BOSS. It would encourage chemistry to work more closely with medical and robotics (if replicants still work that is, I haven't seen one in months). I can't think of a single reason why they shouldn't be combined, the medical frequency hardly get any usage at all currently, it's not like combining them will make it overflow with chatter.
Combining the Medical and Research frequencies is a good idea, there's really not any harm in doing it, and it makes sense considering that the RD is supposed to be in charge of both places.
Wasn't there some talk about bringing the HS back in the new map?