BaneOfGiygas's Mentor App
(Technically, my three-month mark isn't until tomorrow but by the time that this is read by the powers that be, it probably will have been three hours, so...)

Usual Character Name: Andreas Feithiti as a human, some variant on Porygon as an AI, and Nickeldaft the Singing Clown during my brief stints of honking.
BYOND Username: BaneOfGiygas
Recommended by (if applicable): None, although magic mountain seemed all for it when I pitched the idea on the IRC, if that counts.
Times Available: 4PM-10PM M/T/Th, 2PM-10PM Wednesday, 2PM-Whenever I go unconscious on Friday, whenever the hell on Saturday, and noon-8PM on Sunday. Times are vague and unspecific due to school and such, but those are the general guidelines.

Reason for Application + Game Experience: I like helping people. I might be some hellish entity from beyond the stars for it, but I actually derive a great deal of satisfaction in assisting those who need help. Whenever there's a relatively new player to the game who's wondering how to do this, that, or the other, I'm usually one of the first people to chime in and offer my assistsnce. I have an extensive understanding of both the game's mechanics and its rules, and my knowledge is fairly well-rounded and I can usually be trusted to know a good deal about how things work. That being said, I understand the value of self-discovery in a game such as Space Station 13, and so I make a concerted effort to not be a vending machine giving out all of the game's secrets on-demand. I toe a line between helpful advice and intentional vagueness, encouraging experimentation and creativity from the playerbase, giving them the foundation upon which they can do some pretty awesome stuff. I try my best to be a friendly, pleasant human being at all times, and although I have my moments of being a pretty big grump, I do my best to make sure that grumpiness is not a consistent trend. I consciously attempt to maintain communication with my coworkers in most given rounds, even in some of the most traditionally antisocial jobs on the station. As a commanding officer, I go around, inspect the works of my crew, chat about people being idiots, and chip in wherever needed. As a more humble spaceman, I do my job to the station and frequently establish cooperation within my department. And even as the vilest of traitorous scum, I oftentimes don't even touch my PDA until a good deal into the round, knowing that to start chainsawing the research department five minutes into the match would be a huge disservice for the poor sap who was just about to test his hypothesis for Initropidril or the fellow who just found a really badass artifact. I believe that the playing of video games is done to have fun, and I do my best to make sure that such a thing can happen for all of the crew.

My favorite positions in the station are numerous and varied. The job of the researcher has appeal in the sheer, nigh-infinite possibilities for really cool stuff you can do, even when that really cool stuff blows a hole through the hull. Showing the crew this really cool thing you figured out how to do never loses its charm, for me, and I hope to inspire other people to come up with really cool stuff, too. You can also usually find me in medbay in my trusty paramedic suit and ProDoc goggles, carrying enough medicine in both quantity and variety to classify as a one-man ambulance. I'm usually the first to respond to a call of help, and try my damnedest to make sure that the victim of a radbow can hold on for just a few more minutes. If I'm not in either of those places, I'll be nice and cozy in my upload, reacting to every situation imagineable with as much verbal shock as one would regard a small stain on the kitchen counter and constantly keeping the air of a logistics-based machine. As an AI player, I usually don't run my own gimmicks, instead providing a blank template for the players to add to as they wish! I have a very strong connection to the AI as a role, as evidenced by the fact that I put together an entire guide on some of its intricacies, and I always try to make sure to provide an enjoyable experience no matter what insane law I get uploaded.

As far as my knowledge goes, it is both broad and rather deep. In spite of being relatively newish to the game, I know almost all of the secret chems like the back of my hand, know the workings of just about every single device on the station with a few exceptions (mainly located in the pathology lab), and I'm intimately familiar with the various adventure zones in the game. I can usually be trusted to know where I'm going under most circumstances, and can direct disoriented crew members to different locations if they're wanting to know where to go. I don't know EVERYTHING, and the engine in particular still bamboozles me to this day, but my level of know-how on the game is extensive enough to make me someone who can help out confused folks with relative ease, and I'd be ever so happy to do so.

Previous Bans: None to speak of.
Despite having never seen you in-game your app is pretty swell; but the fact that you had the AUDACITY to apply a WHOLE DAY from the three month minimum makes me confident in saying that you should never be mentor and should probably be banned forever without appeal. (It's an okay from me.)
Sorry, you were 3 hours of experience short when you submitted this appeal. Please resubmit :c

(Sure why not, you're okay)
I've known Andreas for quite a long time, being the one who got him into SS13 in the first place. I may not be a regular on these forums, but I know enough about both the general way of running things and his own behavior that I can give him an enthusiastic yes. I'll vouch for his competence, most of the time.
Andreas had helped me in medbay many times, and taught me about cyborging. Saved my life with a defib many other times.
I'll vouch for how helpful he is
I've seen this guy around. I've not seen anything negative, and he seems sane and helpful when I do notice he exists in the mire of other farting spacemen.

So I agree, he's ok.
I support this.
I'm mixed on this one. You know some solarium stuff, but while I played with you in a solarium group the other day you were being a bit of a jerk. I suppose it didn't help that Ursula was having a major rage fit but yeah. You need to chill.

I'll say yes cautiously.
Ali0en Wrote:I'm mixed on this one. You know some solarium stuff, but while I played with you in a solarium group the other day you were being a bit of a jerk. I suppose it didn't help that Ursula was having a major rage fit but yeah. You need to chill.

I'll say yes cautiously.
I admit this, but I'd like to qualify it by saying that I was rather frustrated due to running around like a maniac cloning this fellow or getting all access for that fellow or transferring funds for these people and so on and so forth, and my frustration was likely a result of taking on more work than I should have probably taken at the time. As stated before, I do my best to make sure that fits of grumpiness like this don't become a constant trend.
My experiences with you in-game have been positive. Even if you are a bit new around here I still think you are knowledgeable enough to have the Purple Text