Robertmanbob strikes back! (Mentor application)
Usual Character Name:It's random now, but i used to be "Robert Vince" if you somehow remember
BYOND Username:Robertmanbob
Recommended by (if applicable):No-one.
Times Available:I am usually on pretty often, but at random. I can setup some kind of schedule if i need to however

Reason for Application + Game Experience (300 word minimum)frowneditor's note: this is in the form of a story-type deal) I started playing about 2 years ago, after learning about Space Station 13 from browsing a few favorite Dwarf Fortress forums. And somehow my first job was... AI, being new and somehow missing the "Read the rules" button, I decided to start electrifying doors, just to get yelled at by a admin. Woops.

After the brief "HOLY SHIT THIS GAME IS SO AMAZING I CANNOT STOP PLAYING" period that I had, I started just playing on and off for a long time, after a long period of "off", I played the more advanced jobs, like scientist and chemist(before removal). And I still play them to this day. Anyways, a few months ago I decided to teach my two friends this beautifully complex game, and ended getting one to enjoy it.

Deciding that showing my friend the ropes qualified me to become a mentor (It was pretty fun showing someone how to robust a person's face), I applied... It went terribly, you can still find it in the denied section. Someone gave me the wonderful tip of "Get more experience you nub" I delved into the jobs I had not even learnt yet. Which was mostly geneticist and engineer at the time. Now that the my life story is out of the way, the jobs I mostly play currently are: scientist and barman, gotta learn those advanced chem recipes, yo. I know mostly every single job in this game, besides security and engineering(after singularity was removed a while back). I know how to stabilize and keep someone from dying in medical, how to open doors professionally as AI, and my limits on my cell as a borg. I can make a fancy exploding tomato, or some perfect rainbow weed as a botanist. I can burn someone's skin and eyes off of their face as a scientist. I can even cook a lean mean baconator machine!

P.S: Not going to hide it, i suck at word limits and that last bit is basically fluff, exactly 300 words besides the editor's note though

Previous Bans (While this will not affect your application lying about it will):Job banned from antagonist twice, once because I asked for it, as i suck under the pressure (i'm slightly better now), and second because I was a really disrespectful rev-head(about 2 years ago)

big grin Thats my application, hope you consider it! Or i'll have to scrap it and try again in another half-year, that would suck.
Yo man, i'm gonna give you some advice, random names will get you almost nowhere, adopt one that really stands out, something people will remember, and really get your help out in ooc chat and say, if enough people like your style you have the go ahed. Saying no for now because i haven't seen you. Hope this helps.
thehman03 Wrote:Yo man, i'm gonna give you some advice, random names will get you almost nowhere, adopt one that really stands out.
Thanks man, i'll try that. Everything else looks fine though? I got dissed pretty hard on my last attempt.
robertmanbob Wrote:Thanks man, i'll try that. Everything else looks fine though? I got dissed pretty hard on my last attempt.

This is actually a pretty good application, i guess you could stand to be a bit more enthusiastic about the wordcounts but that's being pretty nitpicky, so good job i guess.
Just gonna try one more thing, I've been Constantine Lifeblood lately, so if adding a name (Though somewhat new) helps, then ok.
I advise this guy!
RedbeardRum Wrote:I advise this guy!
Ignore this; I was drunk. I still am, actually. However, I think fate might be correct - maybe he will be a good mentor?
RedbeardRum Wrote:
RedbeardRum Wrote:I advise this guy!
Ignore this; I was drunk. I still am, actually. However, I think fate might be correct - maybe he will be a good mentor?
Well i guess a yes from a slightly drunk is better then non at all. Thanks man!
This hasn't really gotten enough support to approve, so denying it this time around. Don't be afraid to re-apply, though!