Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Virtual Reality Toxins
The SS13 wiki is actually a copy of Nanotrasen's corporate manual, handed out to every employee upon being hired.
Splatpope Wrote:and of course my point is moot because on ss13, we are all tryhard jerks so whatever

This is why I think my idea is pretty good. You still have to make the bombs for real and you can just send it to vr to blow up.
Splatpope Wrote:"easier to code" is not an excuse, it's not like making a copy of an object is hard as fuck
I think a suggestion that uses code that already exists in full AND allows cool traitor opportunities (digitizing the rd to blow him up or trap him in a death room you set up earlier) is better than a suggestion that both requires new code to be written and is significantly less cool for CRIME
zeknife Wrote:Make everything potentially dangerous virtual so you know someone is a traitor if they're using the real thing
This is exactly why if there was a digitizer, it should only make a copy of them item in VR. If you wanted to test some crazy death bomb, you'd still have to create it, and then have it just lying around while you conveniently can't keep an eye on it because you're in VR.

But the other reason a VR test space is nice is it's an environment that could be plausibly and easily repaired after every test since you'd just be resetting the room to pre test conditions each time, rather than having to manually rebuild a test site each time.

But maybe a dedicated testing Z-level that's accessible via shuttle could be created, with multiple test chambers and fields?
Splatpope Wrote:it probably is not what we consider metagaming in the ss13 community but it is the proper definition of this word : using knowledge outside of the game to influence the game itself : if you know that a certain item is restricted to traitors but your character does not actually know that it is (such as a cloaking device, who knows, it might be a special sciency thing ?, but if you're the captain or security, you might be aware that such things are syndicate technology), you're actively using knowledge you gained outside the game (from previous rounds, from the wiki, from hearsay) in order to make decisions inside it (bash that filthy flickering basterd's head in)
There are servers that enforce that, if you want to see how that works out go play on baystation for a bit.
Splatpope Wrote:lots of words

will you sit fucking down, literally everyone else is right

besides this all right here is far too big and would take a lot of space from cool telescience areas
Marquesas Wrote:
Splatpope Wrote:lots of words

will you sit fucking down, literally everyone else is right

besides this all right here is far too big and would take a lot of space from cool telescience areas

well the end of my post is basically me saying "actually since the whole community doesn't view it this way, my point is wrong" so well ok thanks

Ursula, what I considered equally hard to code is making a copy of the object in the digitizer in regards to directly transporting it instead, but indeed directly transporting people/stuff sounds actually more fun enticing so whatevs
Marquesas Wrote:besides this all right here is far too big and would take a lot of space from cool telescience areas
there already exists a virtual reality space with all the code needed to reset damages. For this suggestion to occur it just needs a telepad in the lower right corner, and a telepad somewhere in real-life toxins, and a custom cargo transporter to handle the transfer procedures,

There's literally no change in space used. Just a couple new items and some stuff moved around a bit.
UrsulaMejor Wrote:
Marquesas Wrote:besides this all right here is far too big and would take a lot of space from cool telescience areas
there already exists a virtual reality space with all the code needed to reset damages. For this suggestion to occur it just needs a telepad in the lower right corner, and a telepad somewhere in real-life toxins, and a custom cargo transporter to handle the transfer procedures,

There's literally no change in space used. Just a couple new items and some stuff moved around a bit.

You do know how filthy big those canbombs get when you make them good, right?
Spy_Guy Wrote:You do know how filthy big those canbombs get when you make them good, right?
There are walls that stop explosions. Put some of those on.
UrsulaMejor Wrote:There are walls that stop explosions. Put some of those on.

What is the point in testing your bomb in an environment where your bomb would never be deployed
Weavel Wrote:

What is the point in testing your bomb in an environment where your bomb would never be deployed
idk, digitize some hellfoam and see what that does. Check to see if it's not a dud. Digitize the captain and challenge him to disarm the canister bomb before it explodes. Make a virtual bee petting zoo. Make a mine field virtual obstacle course. See what happens when you inject chems into yourself at random.

Be creative with it, I guess!!!
UrsulaMejor Wrote:
Weavel Wrote:

idk, digitize some hellfoam and see what that does. Check to see if it's not a dud. Digitize the captain and challenge him to disarm the canister bomb before it explodes. Make a virtual bee petting zoo. Make a mine field virtual obstacle course. See what happens when you inject chems into yourself at random.

Be creative with it, I guess!!!

Why not just do all of this in non-VR?
Dabir Wrote:
Splatpope Wrote:it probably is not what we consider metagaming in the ss13 community but it is the proper definition of this word : using knowledge outside of the game to influence the game itself : if you know that a certain item is restricted to traitors but your character does not actually know that it is (such as a cloaking device, who knows, it might be a special sciency thing ?, but if you're the captain or security, you might be aware that such things are syndicate technology), you're actively using knowledge you gained outside the game (from previous rounds, from the wiki, from hearsay) in order to make decisions inside it (bash that filthy flickering basterd's head in)
There are servers that enforce that, if you want to see how that works out go play on baystation for a bit.

Well he's kind of right. If somebody JUST has a cloaker, nothing wrong there, just some guy playing with his new toy. When he has a cloak and a gun he's not supposed to have or some other weapon, that's when shit gets real.
GuntherHermann Wrote:Why not just do all of this in non-VR?

When I was new(er) I tried making chem bombs. I was a non-traitor and accidentally killed two people (brain dead, luckily) because it was much larger than I thought it was going to be, and I can't imagine that's the first time that sort of thing has happened.
Though I guess you could say that the fun of it is in the danger of horribly screwing up, but still.