Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
cloaking devices don't let you hear things being spoken
so this is the second time i've experienced it, and i don't know if it's happening to anyone else or if it's happening every other time, but holy shit it's weird. basically, with the chameleon gene, even if i walk around and the chameleon effect, the wavy grey lines, is gone, i'm still apparently invisible to people around me. the only time i'm not invisible is when i'm hit by something or injured. while i'm cloaked or "cloaked" as seen in the previous statement, i cannot hear anyone nor can anyone hear me. basically what the the fuck.

each time i've had chameleon and this happened i also had cold resist so i have no idea if that changes anything
I would note that the deafness is really strange in behavior:

-You can't hear anyone else talking locally.
-You can hear the radio just fine.
-You can hear yourself just fine.
It's like you're in a container!

Also, people with mesons can see people with chameleon.
Noah Buttes Wrote:It's like you're in a container!

but i mean in a container you can still hear local chat can't you? so this is. i don't know.
AffableGiraffe Wrote:

but i mean in a container you can still hear local chat can't you? so this is. i don't know.

For a little while, it was broken and, from what I remember, you couldn't hear anything besides radio chatter

The mesons thing is intentional, or at least some of the admins are aware of it and think it works well enough to be considered a feature. But that's just from memory, I could be wrong or that could have changed. It would make sense, since if you're a chameleon you're blending into the scenery, so meson goggles, which reveal things hidden in the walls and floors and such, would be able to see those.
I tried to use a cloaking device to eavesdrop only to find I couldn't hear anything with it on
This is almost definitely tied to the same bug that prevents you from hearing people when you're invisible due to a genetic mutation of some sort.
I had this happen to me the other night.
Being invisible no longer makes you deaf because now the sound can see you. LOL