Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Radio telescope to call in asteroids with specific ores.
Randomly generated asteroids are a pain when you're looking for a specific ore that doesn't want to spawn.
Since there was some idea of placing a radio telescope in the observatory, how about starting from something that lets you scan for a specific ores, and pass on some coordinates so that mining can pull in the asteroid they want.
Don't forget randomly-generated derelict ships and other debris to be randomized on round start for extra chances to haul in good(?) shit!
Don't forget space wasp hives.
So basically a lazier version of tele-science in which you BRING the area you want towards you?

I like it.
God, I love this idea. I can only imagine hauling in some wrecked ship filled with treasure and terror.
Also you should be able to call in a meateorite and harvest it for loads of meat the chef can use.
Zadeon Wrote:So basically a lazier version of tele-science in which you BRING the area you want towards you?

I like it.

genius idea : merge telescience and mining
Zadeon Wrote:Also you should be able to call in a meateorite and harvest it for loads of meat the chef can use.
Call meat with a magnet. Right.
Dabir Wrote:
Zadeon Wrote:Also you should be able to call in a meateorite and harvest it for loads of meat the chef can use.
Lots of iron in the blood.
If this was some kind of upgrade you get from telescience or some kind of research, I would love this.
Alternatively, make it so you can change the recharge rate on the magnet. I brought this up in the SA thread earlier. I proposed capacitors that connected directly to the grid instead of the APCs, and could charge at any rate. These would be used with certain pieces of high-energy equipment on the station- the magnet, the smelter, telescience, the cloner. If the magnet can recharge in a few seconds instead of a few minutes, then you can keep on summoning new meteors until you find the one you want. Of course, the amount of energy needed should be extremely large. This was in regards to a discussion about how the hotwired solars rendered the thermal generator obsolete. These were my solution, to make the generator useful again.
Isaacs Alter Ego Wrote:
Dabir Wrote:
Lots of iron in the blood.

Everything can be pulled or repulsed with a strong enough magnet actually
It would also be a good reason to spawn those creepy monsters meat that gib when they explode, and maybe sentient meat cubes.