TheHman03's Mentor/HoS Application
Usual Character Name: Reginald Hempmaster III
BYOND Username: TheHman03
Recommended by (if applicable): N/A
Times Available: 5:00 - 10:00 PM Weekdays, 9:00 AM - 10:00PM Weekends/Holidays

Reason for Application (300 word minimum): So, my reason for applying here today is to prove myself to not be a complete idiot, i enjoy helping people get through the early days of their experience within the game, and though i may have overstepped my bounds before, i now realize that that was a major issue, though my motivations were in the correct place i had a loss of judgement, and i wish to show that i can do better and go better places than ever before. Another reason for my application today is that, after a rather brief conversation with wonk, i found out that the way most admins get their position is to be noticed in the community as a good person, through becoming a mentor, then an HoS, and generally not being a complete shitrag to people if things end up not going your way. But that's in the future, right now i want to make sure people have a good time with the game without getting frustrated and giving up the game due to it's nature of being rather difficult and having a pretty unfriendly user interface. With nudges in the right direction these people can learn the game and go on to greater things, even if that is simply farting on faces like the rest of us.

I also wish to become a Head of Security, the man who has to corral a bunch of stun happy idiots with short fuses. This opens up an opportunity to run certain security gimmicks, which are truthfully mainly clothes changes and training camps set up in security. Hell, if it makes the game more fun and keeps the bloodhounds busy for the first couple minutes of the round i would be doing my job correctly. This combined with the ability to be able to help the more foolhardy cops through a day on the job is what drives me to do this job.

Security Experience (300 word minimum): Whenever I do play a security officer, it's a round where i go around chilling out, i have always set short timers and have most of the time given my prisoners the chance to get out early through a competition of some sort, a dance of for example, i had someone in my brig as a detective, and then the coat came off, we had a dance competition to get him sprung early, of course we just danced until the timer ended but hey, if i made his round more interesting by doing that, it's a good thing.

It's always a good idea in my mind to wait at least 5 minutes before going out on the job and at least 15 to call out a bad guy, even then, it's really damn rude to shout that Sir Pubsalot has a holographic disguiser and is walking around pretending to be a sentient arm before beating his brains in, that's just a complete and utter shit move. Truthfully, only nuke ops and changelings should really be taken down quickly, wizards are usually cool enough to just wave at and chat with, vampires are just humans who can suck blood and turn into bats, easily dealt with if they give you trouble, spies are still broken but they're just groups of traitors, So just let them do their thing until they come and try to kill you.

Now of course, there is a limit to this, if some big bad dude comes fully armed with a shotgun and some lasers, i think anyone really has free reign to take him down, if someone has a canister bomb they're dragging about you should probably confiscate that and give them a sentence, hell, if one of your security guys goes on a justice rampage it should be a removal from security for the rest of that round, no matter how early into the round it is. But truthfully, if traitor joe has his pda out and is spawning things just let him be, don't brig the poor guy and ruin his day.

In your opinion, what are the flaws and benefits of the current security layout (brig, cells, security room etc): Alright, here goes, The shrub outside of security is really annoying if you do not see some guy's shoes if he is hiding in there, The brig chute that gets people into the regular brig doesn't remove handcuffs, i still don't see why, maybe to prevent them handcuffing anyone? Security could use more medical kits, it's good for an officer to help people with their injuries as well as arrest people.

Previous Bans (While this will not affect your application lying about it will): Once for having a friend take my keyboard and type out something retarded,lifted the same day, and a job ban a while back for being a shitter and getting the captain killed as the AI for stopping my retarded gimmick, lifted a month or so later.
If I remember the last time you were a mentor, you had a habit of being a bit of a smartarse in your replies, and often seemingly intentionally avoided the entire question asked, and gave half answers/vague answers, which resulted in them often repeating the question or rewording it.

A hesitant "no" from me.
Were you not fired from being a mentor not to long ago? I have to say no on both since I remember it being a good reason and a no on the HOS since I barely see you play sec.
I do believe that i have changed, for the better mind you, but if you think i've blown my chance that's what goes. Thanks for the replies.
Wonkmin Wrote:You just murdered a guy for calling the shuttle because you wanted to test things...

Hey, I was going to borg him as punishment, but he logged out. Anyways, this app is DEAD.
I'm gonna explain this a bit better for everyone, i was testing around on server #2 when there were 2 other people on, one who was also testing things, this guy joined and after i told him to ask questions on a less sparcely populated server due to me being pretty focused on my testing, he got pissed off, called me an asshat and called the shuttle in rage, this made me pretty mad seeing as the lowpop servers are actually really useful and i had a few things set up to be tried out that i could never test on a populated server, so having most of my progress removed in almost 10 minutes because some guy called the shuttle in a fit is pretty damn shit, i was going to borg him, an idea thought up by the other guy on the server, so that he must follow laws and basically go around until he gets bored, he then apparently logged out and adminhelped me.That's the story there i guess.
That's a pretty dumb reason to kill someone. I don't think my vote will ever change now.
That's really shitty, I agree, going with no. The fact it was a lowpop server is irrelevant, and even if he was rude like that, you overreacted.