Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Arkire LLJK US 1
Admin name: Arkire
Server:LLJK US 1
Date/Time:12:30 Am - 1:00 AM
Synopsis:
Okay, So This guy was pissed at me for killing him on a practically empty server, He was a syndie and wanted my Captain ID, So I naturally refused it to him. The next round I end up being the wizard, and There was a ton said by this dude that didn't make sense about "Karma" and him being the one to kill me, which I don't even understand so You'll see it in the Log.
Anyway I used an "Anime Face" in ooc, which this dude blantly stated, and As I was pissed off, I did a bunch more at him because I had seen several people doing it over OOC in the past three weeks I have played. One of which was indeed a Phallic Object "3===D". I will admit to that.
Arkire got on because this guy asked him, Renamed me, and planned on giving me an "Anime-Curse" as punishment, due to me using Anime Faces.
We argued for a bit, and he gibbed me using sharks.
Log of Me on OOC:
Code:
OOC: Darkness59: :(
OOC: Bearded Electron: that was called karma played by james spanner, you're listening to 101 robust fmhdz
OOC: Darkness59: lol
OOC: Darkness59: No, You wanted my ID, I didn
OOC: Darkness59: I didnt want anything from anyone
OOC: Bearded Electron: no you wanted my animus
OOC: Bearded Electron: stop talking
OOC: Darkness59: You:I
OOC: Bearded Electron: you were taken out back like trash, deal with it, next time don't treat people like that and you won't end up robusted by a man with a money name.
OOC: Bearded Electron: Monkey*
OOC: Darkness59: o.o?? WHat
OOC: Bearded Electron: I went to the trouble of actually stable mutagening a monkey name and dressing as a preist to screw with the captain and kill you.
OOC: Darkness59: His name was One Point Something something *forgot the last two names*
OOC: Bearded Electron: the subtleness of the whole thing was probably lost on you, but it was an art.
OOC: Darkness59: Was not.
OOC: Darkness59: .-.
OOC: Bearded Electron: Mad.
OOC: Bearded Electron: Anime.
OOC: Darkness59: Nah
OOC: Darkness59: .-.
OOC: Darkness59: >_>
OOC: Darkness59: :D
OOC: Darkness59: O.O
OOC: Darkness59: 3===D
OOC: Darkness59: D
OOC: Darkness59: xD*
OOC: Darkness59: :O
OOC: Darkness59: ;O
Darkness59 earned the Spamhaus medal.
Admin Log:
Code:
HELP: You: My name got changed
Admin PM from-Arkire: Some kind of anime curse.......
Reply PM to-Arkire: _ Not funny..
You hear a voice in your head... Okay the anime portion of the rules list was apparently removed silently at some point welp
You hear a voice in your head... I was intending to run an anime disease gimmick off this but if you're just chilling in genetics that isn't gonna work anyway
Admin PM from-Arkire: You were still shitting up OOC enough for someone to complain
Reply PM to-Arkire: I got a Medal for it to.. Soo
Admin PM from-Arkire: And you got an anime curse for it. It's a two-fer
Reply PM to-Arkire: Why bother having a medal for spamming if I wasn't meant to spam in the first place?
Reply PM to-Arkire: Thats completely wrong to punish me when I got a medal to reward me... And I couldn't have gotten an Anime Curse in the first place since The rules say NOTHING about it.
Admin PM from-Arkire: Someone has apparently accidentally ripped out the portion of the rules page about not shitting up chat channels, but I'd like to believe it falls under common sense dude
Reply PM to-Arkire: It does not considering Every other server doesnt give a shit about it.
Reply PM to-Arkire: And this game itself over the past three weeks explains it. And the fact that they arent "Anime" at all but emoticons used in America.
Reply PM to-Arkire: I am just waiting for more reasons to complain on the forum.
Admin PM from-Arkire: You shat up OOC and I gave you a thematic ingame result for it. I can't speak for how other servers handle things.
Reply PM to-Arkire: Oh, the shitting up Chat channels, I apologize I read your sentance wrong. And If thats not in the rules either then I am again WRONGFULLY Punished.
Reply PM to-Arkire: So that is a Two-Fer on the forum.
Reply PM to-Arkire: Its like this, I have played games that have been taken down for enforcing a rule not stated.
Reply PM to-Arkire: Shatting up Chat channels is not stated. So. You do the math.
Uh oh.
Uh oh.
Uh oh.
Admin PM from-Arkire: Ahah hold on are you threatening to have the game taken down somehow?
the gibshark bites Valentina Rehyno
the gibshark bites Valentina Rehyno
the gibshark gibs Valentina Rehyno in one bite
the gibshark gibs Valentina Rehyno in one bite
Reply PM to-Arkire: No, I am just stating its been done before.
Reply PM to-Arkire: I rather enjoy this game, Why the hell would I take it down?
Extra Information: Also For the spamming I got a medal, why should I be punished when I got rewarded for it???
And I assume he was talking to another admin at the time because another one hopped on just to tell me:
Code:
Admin PM from-Hullcrushdepth: quit being so fucking entitled
Reply PM to-Hullcrushdepth: Im not being entitled.
Which I really didn't think I was being entitled, I was just talkingto Arkire and got gibbed and changed into an "Anime-Curse".. I tried to talk to Hullcrushdepth but he left litterly after I said I wasnt being entitled.
I wasn't talking to any other admin during this. Hull's words and sharks were their own.

As already stated, You shat up OOC and I gave you a thematic in-game result for it. I can't speak for how other servers handle things, but I would like to believe that it is common sense to not gunk up OOC with contextless "American emoticons".

Also: That medal is for sending PDA spammail, not OOC spamming. I'm not sure why you got it at the start of the round.
I did say I assume you were talking to another admin, I have no clue why he jumped on, pmed me, then left practically instantly. But I also am completely clueless why I got gibbed in the first place, which lead to the player that the "Anime faces" were pointed at, pointing it out to the rest of the players that joined (Cuz I stayed on for quiet awhile after all this happened in hopes of a round reboot or something) that the sharks were there because I pissed off an admin, and something about "desu" which I am completely clueless about.
So what's your complaint about exactly? I'm having trouble following your train of thought. I gave you a joke punishment for some mild spamming rule breaking in OOC - still enough for someone to complain about it, which is why I intervened - and I intended to run an anime disease gimmick in line with what I perceived to be your anime smileys. I felt this was a more entertaining way to convey the message for all involved parties without actually inconveniencing anyone or requiring me to yell at you for shitting up the chat.
Clearly my sense of humour was misapplied in this situation.

As far as the emoticons go, on these servers we usually regard emoticons that you don't have to tilt your head to read as 'anime' emoticons. Since I was working off that assumption it did not occur to me that your emoticons were in fact manufactured and distributed in America. You can see the source of my misunderstanding, perhaps.

If I had to take a guess as to why Hull hopped on to sharkgib you, I'd hazard that it was because of lines like "I am just waiting for more reasons to complain on the forum." and "Its like this, I have played games that have been taken down for enforcing a rule not stated.". That's entirely my guess, though. You'd have to ask 'em.
Incidentally, the rule in question is mentioned at the bottom of this section of the rules http://wiki.ss13.co/Rules#Don.27t_grief. Maybe it could be clearer, but come on, do you really need "RULE #46 - Do not shit up OOC" to realise that maybe you shouldn't shit up OOC?
Wonkmin Wrote:I still want to know quite what you meant by this, if you didn't mean a threat...

Reply PM to-Arkire: Its like this, I have played games that have been taken down for enforcing a rule not stated.
Reply PM to-Arkire: Shatting up Chat channels is not stated. So. You do the math.
I Apologize if it sounds like a threat, I was irritated, so due to said irritation it probably came off as a threat, If that is how you took it I am indeed sorry. I did however point it out because there are people who go to extremes over rules, and I had been on games that had been taken down by those people who went to such extremes, Like I told him, I much rather enjoy the game, why Would I want it taken down? And As such I stand by that.

But see, had he came on and gotten the other half of the story, instead of renaming me the second he comes on Mind you without warning, the outcome may have been different, the dude was pissed cuz I killed him as a syndicate (Which I didn
t save the logs for because I didn't think it was going to be held to such extreme that the dude would then go on for the next three rounds to be a complete and total asshole). So I acted out childishly to the dude. Which was the spam. But still, He started it by being a dick for killing him when he was an antag.
Arki Wrote:If I had to take a guess as to why Hull hopped on to sharkgib you, I'd hazard that it was because of lines like "I am just waiting for more reasons to complain on the forum." and "Its like this, I have played games that have been taken down for enforcing a rule not stated.". That's entirely my guess, though. You'd have to ask 'em.
Incidentally, the rule in question is mentioned at the bottom of this section of the rules http://wiki.ss13.co/Rules#Don.27t_grief. Maybe it could be clearer, but come on, do you really need "RULE #46 - Do not shit up OOC" to realise that maybe you shouldn't shit up OOC?

Actually, it was instantly after I said that, that the sharks started to gib me, so I doubt he took that into consideration, considering, about 4-5 minutes later is when I finally got a message from him.
Arki Wrote:So what's your complaint about exactly? I'm having trouble following your train of thought.
The complaint is what I see(from what I have read from other complaints) No one ever gets a second opinion, they just hop on, gib, and leave.

Arki Wrote:As far as the emoticons go, on these servers we usually regard emoticons that you don't have to tilt your head to read as 'anime' emoticons. Since I was working off that assumption it did not occur to me that your emoticons were in fact manufactured and distributed in America. You can see the source of my misunderstanding, perhaps.

"Regard Emoticons that you don't have to tilt your head to read as 'anime' emoticons"

You yourself just said it. using this very sentance against you I can tell you that you just said, You call emoticons that you dont have to tilt your head to read as 'anime'
So if you tilt your head to read it, then What is it?

Anyway, regarding the second quote, Maybe the goonstation definition of emoticons should be what everyone elses definition is. Because when looked up, It turns out that as far as everyone can tell, Emoticons originate from a man by the name of Scott Falhman a research professor, From the USA. Not very Japenese/Chinease/Or Asian if you ask me(OR anyone that sees this guys mugshot cuz hes white.)

I can gladly post you to 4-5 sites that explain this. If you would like to redefine your definition of "Anime Face"
I'm having trouble seeing the complaint here, you broke a rule which was on the rules page and got punished for it. And it was just a gibbing too, nothing major.

Anime emoticon: An emoticon that looks like it came from an anime. XD >_< O.O etc.

:) :( :| and so on are fine.

Also you probably deserved the gib for posting a dong in OOC.
Conor12 Wrote:I'm having trouble seeing the complaint here, you broke a rule which was on the rules page and got punished for it. And it was just a gibbing too, nothing major.

Okay so by your logic here, The other guy should have gotten punished as well, because IT wouldnt have escelated to where it did, Had he not held a gruge.. Which is stated...

"No grudging from past rounds
Using any information gleaned from outside the round itself is forbidden.
Example: Let's say Jimmy Poo kills you one round and it turned out he wasn't the traitor - that shouldn't have happened, but perhaps he slipped through the admin's fingers in one way or another. It happens. Next round, you hunt down and kill Jimmy Poo because he killed you last round - this is not okay! Each round is its own round, and nothing from past rounds should factor into it."
Darkness59 Wrote:
Conor12 Wrote:I'm having trouble seeing the complaint here, you broke a rule which was on the rules page and got punished for it. And it was just a gibbing too, nothing major.

Okay so by your logic here, The other guy should have gotten punished as well, because IT wouldnt have escelated to where it did, Had he not held a gruge.. Which is stated...

Example: Let's say Jimmy McRib kills you one round and it turned out he wasn't the traitor - that shouldn't have happened, but perhaps he slipped through the admin's fingers in one way or another. It happens. Next round, you hunt down and kill Jimmy McRib because he killed you last round - this is not okay! Each round is its own round, and nothing from past rounds should factor into it."
Yes. If he did that it would be shitty. But you were a wizard the next round and fair game to be hunted by anyone.
Conor12 Wrote:
Darkness59 Wrote:

Example: Let's say Jimmy McRib kills you one round and it turned out he wasn't the traitor - that shouldn't have happened, but perhaps he slipped through the admin's fingers in one way or another. It happens. Next round, you hunt down and kill Jimmy McRib because he killed you last round - this is not okay! Each round is its own round, and nothing from past rounds should factor into it."
Yes. If he did that it would be shitty. But you were a wizard the next round and fair game to be hunted by anyone.
Indeed, but He did it for Three more rounds.. And as for that, He said he killed me for revenge. not cause I was the wizard.
This section of the forum is for admin complaints, not player complaints. If you were having trouble with a player, you should have adminhelped it at the time instead of saving it up to try to use as weird ammunition in a scattered and frankly baffling admin complaint.
It was an admin complaint, Towards you, just because you fail to see it doesn't make it any less of a complaint.
PEANUT POSTING.
I sincerely hope you didn't mean anything by "Anime-Curse". I know a lot of players here are European because the EU server is always chock-block. But I've found at least on a couple other games I've played that European members, specifically, have a tendency to be extremely extremely racist when it comes to my own culture. I do hope you guys aren't like them.