Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ThinkDOS Networking Bugs
I was experimenting with ThinkDOS on my last play, I wanted to try sending PDAs messages.
I followed the forum tutorial (http://autisticpowers.info/ss13/wiki/Ad ... o_ThinkDOS)
but there were a lot of bugs that I encountered.

Firstly, I wasn't even able to change the frequency on the wireless network card.
The ID of the limited wireless card was 3, I ran the command "periph command 3 1149" to change the frequency to the PDA frequency. The command executed without error, but when I did "periph view" the frequency never changed from the default. I tried lots of other numbers as well "114.9, #114.9, 114.9#, 1149" and so on, but nothing changed the frequency.

The packet capturing does work on the computer's default frequency though, I was able to use packet crafter on my PDA and change the transmitting frequency to that of the computer.

Secondly, when I ran FROG, if I tried to connect to a server and failed, there would be no timeout, it would run forever. The only way to exit the program was to reboot the computer. Even after rebooting it would still be stuck attempting to connect!

Thirdly, why doesn't FROG recognize wireless cards? I noticed a lot of computers like the security terminal and the engine computer have wireless cards. I wanted to try to connect to them, but FROG wouldn't cooperate.
You can't change the freq. on the limited wireless card, that's what makes it "limited." You need the real wireless card, only obtainable by hacking the Computech dispenser.
mozi Wrote:You can't change the freq. on the limited wireless card, that's what makes it "limited." You need the real wireless card, only obtainable by hacking the Computech dispenser.

Ah, that would explain it. Thanks!