Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Borged changlings still have access to changling commands.
So I was a changling and the crew killed me and borged me. After a bit of time spent as a borg, I discovered the changling panel was still there? So I went to a secluded place and sure enough, I was able to transform back into myself?

http://imgur.com/5eY26ff

So that's weird. all the cyborg bits are left behind and I'm a naked human again. I tried to change back into a cyborg and it changed my name to my initial borg name. I suicide/succumbed after this. Pretty weird.
I've seen this happen before and I think the consensus was that it's intentional; the organic component of the borg (the brain) still allows it to live as a ling and grow back into its shapeshifter shape.

I could be wrong though.
Having said that, I wonder if the same thing happens to borged wizards/vampires, though I'm fairly sure it doesn't. It would make for a good test, since I'm sure those would not be meant to persist after death.
Crumplehat Wrote:Having said that, I wonder if the same thing happens to borged wizards/vampires, though I'm fairly sure it doesn't. It would make for a good test, since I'm sure those would not be meant to persist after death.

I was made into an AI as a vampire once, and I can say that you can still blind people and hypnotize people, but those are the only working powers.
If I remember right, this is an old bug where, if you use an ability on cooldown, then promptly lose access to that ability in some way, once the cooldown finishes you can still use it indefinately as if you still had the proper item/conditions met.

That being said, this totally makes sense for changelings really.
I think changelings just straight-up keep their powers panel when borged, regardless of cooldowns.
Yeah this has been around for a long time. It hasn't been changed cause no one borgs changelings really and it's funny as hell to borg one and then get ate by a suddenly human changeling borg.
I actually really love this bug. You even leave behind a radio if you shapeshift out of the robot body smile
Realistically (as realistic as farting in space station simulators go) I can see this as a thing and am also in the camp that this should not be fixed.
you're basically taking a chunk of shapeshifter and bringing it back to life

of course it's still a shapeshifter
wait so if you are borged and you are still a changeling, does that still mean you have to follow your lawset then?

seeing as you can shapeshift into a human again, i guess you could say that changelings are immune to borg / ai laws?

would make for some interesting strategies and robotics lab having more traffic then usual.
Swagile Wrote:wait so if you are borged and you are still a changeling, does that still mean you have to follow your lawset then?

seeing as you can shapeshift into a human again, i guess you could say that changelings are immune to borg / ai laws?

would make for some interesting strategies and robotics lab having more traffic then usual.

Changing back to a changling is the equivalent of attempting to murder all of the crew is the way I generally interpret it, but due to the ambiguity many people don't see it that way.
Klayboxx Wrote:I actually really love this bug. You even leave behind a radio if you shapeshift out of the robot body smile

You also gain a human body with your borg name for future transformations TAKE THAT MOTHERFUCKERS