Redbeard Rum/Divine Soldier's Mentor Application
Usual Character Name: Jestabal Moon, Howard J. Moon, Redbeard Rum, and eventually Ali Baba(that hasn't happened yet, though).
BYOND Username: Divine_Soldier
Recommended by (if applicable): Kingston The Magnificent/A bear irl
Times Available: All day, every day.

Reason for Application + Game Experience (300 word minimum): I wish to become one of the 'purple name people', and maybe help some people? I have a near infinite well of knowledge concerning SS13. I've played every normal role quite a lot, including AI and all traitor types. One of the main areas I lack knowledge in is the mechanics behind the wiring system. It completely baffles me. I have a relatively vast knowledge of chemistry and its uses, I can make pro bombs, I'm crazy fast with telescience, a master of the disposal system, pretty decent with the computer OSs, and have a wiki-like knowledge of construction/dismantling, with the exception of reinforced tables which also baffle me. I find treating any sort of wound to be child's play, with the exception of being gibbed, and am relatively fast at finding superpowers and disabilities with genetics. I am well versed in the ways of robotics, and the many amusing things it can be used for, I enjoy being an electrician despite having no comprehension of the wiring system, I've been an engineer often, mostly because no one else wanted to be one and the job got shoved onto me, I used to spend quite a lot of time mining, and I understand the ins and outs of being a chaplain, which uh, there aren't many of. I am kind of a skilled bartender? I'm lacking most of the recipes because I never really cared about bartending, but I can make: Triple citrus, screwdriver, suicider, and grog. I am a terrible chef, and almost always give anyone that eats my food food poisoning. I am possibly the best janitor - sometimes, I even take the time to replace burnt/damaged tiles. When security, I spend most of my time dual wielding guns to ensure that I'm as much of a badass as possible. If it wasn't for that, I'd be applying for HoS. More guns and more power probably wouldn't solve my craving for badassery. As a detective, I get into extreme roleplaying, ensuring that I document all of my investigations and discoveries on my handy audio recording device and participate in many footchases, although I like to leave the actual capturing to sec officers. I've spent a decent amount of time as each type of head, excluding head of security. I'm somewhat savvy when it comes to being an AI, although not quite so much when it comes to being a borg, because the only thing I do when I'm a borg is make stupid noises. I've spent too much time as botanist, and am a decent QM. I have extreme problem solving skills, which I often use in combat, which could easily be transfered to providing pro answers in a short timeframe as a mentor.

I first started playing approximately a week before fat people were removed. While I was Jestabal Moon, I was extremely enthusiastic about robotics, and probably a bit of a shitlorde. I eventually changed my name because I was getting killed/stunned randomly too much. I don't really remember that time very well, so I can't be sure. Over time, I gathered knowledge and many skills, and changed my shitlordy ways. I could probably use my experience and knowledge to help new players.

Your opinion of Shrek (5 word minimum): I kind of liked it when it first came out, but I was probably 11 or so then. Now? I probably wouldn't bother watching it. Unless we're talking about a different shrek? In which case, I don't know.

Previous Bans (While this will not affect your application lying about it will): None, as far as I am aware.
this dude has the kingston seal of approval and is generally a knowledgeable/chillaxed dude
fake edit: mentor he
Yes. Incontinent amounts of yes. Redbeard is knowledgeable and knows his stuff.
I've seen this guy, and I've really never seen him do anything dumb or bad, so I'll say yes.
Zorafm Wrote:I've seen this guy, and I've really never seen him do anything dumb or bad, so I'll say yes.

why do people say this? The whole point of these applications is to find the positive in someone not the fact that he's not shitty.

Anyways, definitely yes from me. Redbeard is definitely qualified. It's also a bonus that I actually vaguely recall a Jestabal Moon from a long time ago as being hilariously bad (in an awesome way).
I was playing yesterday and saw redbeard, he was very helpful and definitely knows more about the game than I do, or than most do. Yes. (not quite sure if my opinion matters, because I am not mentor)
Morphing_Dwarf Wrote:I was playing yesterday and saw redbeard, he was very helpful and definitely knows more about the game than I do, or than most do. Yes. (not quite sure if my opinion matters, because I am not mentor)

Everyone's opinion matters! As long as you have reason for why you say yes/no then your good.

And well i'm here I can't really judge Rum's abilities in game because i've never seen him before.
He's been a really solid player in all the times I've seen him. Even fought an epic space battle with him outside Bridge.
I probably should note that I play almost solely on Gibbed #4.
Redbeard is pretty nice and seems to be knowledgeable in game, yes.
Redbeard will do a fine job mentoring, yes.
Redbeard knows a whole bunch of shit and can probably be trusted to tell people about things without being a dick.
I held off from putting in a comment until I actually observed him for a few rounds and he's got a good head.
Yes from me.
I don't think it's really necessary to add more support at this point, but Redbeard knows his stuff and he'd make a perfectly good mentor, so yes.