One last application before I give up
Usual Character Name: Ettore Hector Boiardi
BYOND Username: TheTrixRabitt
Recommended by (if applicable): No one
Times Available: Monday-Thursday: 4:00 P.M to whenever I get bored. Friday-Sunday 7:00 P.M-??? It depends on if I’m busy or not.

Reason for Application + Game Experience (300 word minimum): The reason I’m applying for mentor for the whateverth time is because I want to be able to help people at the game, pretty simple. I have a pretty general knowledge of the game and rules, and figured with my three years of experience with the game that I could apply for mentor. Now the first reaction many people are gonna have when they read this is, “Who the hell is Ettore?” This seems to be a common reaction I’ve had when it comes to applying. My randoms times of playing the game has kinda made my presence of playing kinda unknown. I tend to take random breaks from the game that can last for a couple months, which is bad on my side. If I take breaks I miss updates, and my general knowledge of the game diminish. Also people will also have no idea I exist on the station. In all seriousness, this is like my fourth time applying. Okay, well I guess it’s time to talk about my game experience. I started back in November of 2011. I was recommended by a friend who said it was like Sealab 2021, I’m not really sure what the hell he was talking about when he said that. This doesn’t remind of Sealab at all. I still remember my first round on Donut 2. The power was out, I was an Assistant, the power was out and there were killer tomatoes. I got knocked down by said tomatoes and was knocked out, and I was pissed off at how long I was knocked out. Then I died and had said, “This game fucking blows.” I then learned this game didn’t blow. I kept on playing and playing until I had the guts to try other jobs. My first being Medical Doctor, then security. I gradually learned these jobs, but never mastered them. Then during my summer break, this, TF2, Fallout, and Reach were the only thing I played. I’ve gone days where I’ve played nothing but SS13. One of those days where I had been playing nothing else had led to me to my first perma ban. I’m not particularly proud of it but I might as well talk about it. It was about 3:00 P.M. and I was really immersed in the game. Then an admin turned OOC chat on and ruined my immersion. To which I replied, “Faggot fuckers in ooc.” I was promptly perma banned. I appealed a month later and was unbanned, the lesson I learned from this was not to take the game too serious. So, I kept on playing the game, and for a time tried out other stations to see if they were any better. They weren’t. And it was basically like this for about a year, I would play, take a month break, return, etc. Then during about in October of 2013, I got a my first Day ban and Job Ban. What happened here was that I was captain who was gibbing bodies to make burgers. MagicMountain heard an Adminhelp, I guess, and banned me. So, I was pretty much clean ever since then of fuck ups. Just some admin yelling? I was once punching people as a boxer in the bar, and Wonkim told me not to if I was to apply for mentor still. In order to learn this game, I spent about my whole school year, last year just reading Unban appeals and the wiki itself. I’ve learned many things from the wiki that I wouldn’t have learned alone, such as how to call the shuttle through commaster, set the engine, drink Lime-Cola to get sober, etc. My basic philosophy of the game is to have fun and let others have fun, and not to murder everyone if I'm a traitor. I also make sprites for the game that you may or may not have seen here. They’re obviously all video game references and absolutely no creativity. I guess that about sums my experience with the game up. If you ever actually see me in the game, I’m usually in some low pop. servers just cause I hate lag station 13. Before I end this, I have one recommendation for people, listen to music while playing. Not just regular music, try listening to fitting music that adds to the mood of the game, for example: I listen to the MGS 1 OST while, I’m playing sometimes and the LA Noire soundtrack or ODST soundtrack as Detective. Just a suggestion.

Your opinion of Shrek (5 word minimum): I use to go on ShrekChan, but as quickly as the joke died, I stopped using orge jokes. But I did love the first two Shrek movies as a kid, I’m pretty sure they’re still good.

Previous Bans (While this will not affect your application lying about it will): One perma ban, one day ban, a job ban, and some admin yelling. Also a mandatory name change, an admin (Gorilla I think) saw my name was Miles Prower and told me something about it could imply furries or some shit and I was like ,”Well, I’m not a furry” so he changed it anyway, and I eventually changed my name to Ettore.
Hey man, i know this is a big dream of yours, but i don't see you a whole lot, you asked for your thread to be asked last time and i just really don't see this taking off, sorry man, but it's still a no. Sorry.
I've seen you around quite a bit and I think you're not a bad mentor material. The reason I'm (and a few others are as well, as it turns out) being cautious with input here though is that you basically had an application thread locked a month ago - although it is admirable that you admitted to your mistakes, and you barely seem to have any visibility beyond that, and that's not really what you want people to remember you by.

So, as an encouragement, I support this application - don't be disappointed if it doesn't go through though, show a bit more of yourself!
I'm going to give you a cautious yes.

I'll give you two reasons why it's only a cautious yes.

1. I honestly don't see you much on the higher population servers, so I don't know you very well. But what I have seen makes me think you'd be a good mentor.

2. You asked for your last application to be locked since you weren't ready. Granted, that was a month ago, but it still makes me worry.
Im going to throw my support behind this as well. I agree with the last two posts. Try getting your name out there on the high population servers. I know the lag sucks, buts thats where a lot of people around here play.
thehman03 Wrote:Hey man, i know this is a big dream of yours, but i don't see you a whole lot, you asked for your thread to be asked last time and i just really don't see this taking off, sorry man, but it's still a no. Sorry.
Well, this certainly isn't a big dream for me. It's more that I just want to be helpful. I did ask for my thread to be closed because even I realized that I was fucking terrible. As I said in that last thread, I was being a supercop security guy, no fun AI, and fighting people for shits and giggles.
Marquesas Wrote:I've seen you around quite a bit and I think you're not a bad mentor material. The reason I'm (and a few others are as well, as it turns out) being cautious with input here though is that you basically had an application thread locked a month ago - although it is admirable that you admitted to your mistakes, and you barely seem to have any visibility beyond that, and that's not really what you want people to remember you by.

So, as an encouragement, I support this application - don't be disappointed if it doesn't go through though, show a bit more of yourself!
Like I said earlier, I realized my shit behavior after I applied, and didn't want to even bother with being told what I already knew. In that month gap between closing it and when I applied again. I feel that I have been a lot more easy going than I have before with jobs such as security. I try not to hold grudges in rounds just for some petty revenge, or something. In situations where a traitor is arrested for being a traitor, and has yet to kill anyone, I'll just let them go since no harm has been done. I don't brig people for a long time, maybe two minutes at max now. Blah blah blah, I don't have the same mind set as I used to.
Noah Buttes Wrote:I'm going to give you a cautious yes.

I'll give you two reasons why it's only a cautious yes.

1. I honestly don't see you much on the higher population servers, so I don't know you very well. But what I have seen makes me think you'd be a good mentor.

2. You asked for your last application to be locked since you weren't ready. Granted, that was a month ago, but it still makes me worry.
1. I guess I'll start joining #4 a lot more then.

2. Like I told the other guys.
I see Trix on a lot, but have no real indication one way or the other whether or not he'd be good honestly. But he is an active player on the servers and a regular.
Yeah, decent dude in general.

Earlier on some dorky captain forgot the disk in his office while I was a nuke op. This guy was the hop and he went to grab the disk before we could get to it. He managed to hold off until some more burly sec goons came around to save the day.
Give this chump a chance.
Yes if I recognize your name and can't think of anything bad about you then that is a good sign
I've seen Ettore around often enough recently, so I'll back this up with a yes.
I've recently started noticing you more and you've been very helpful each time.
Whether it's in response to putting up a mentor app or you're genuinely like this, you seem like you'd be good mentor material.
Yes.
Never had a problem with this dude. He's a pretty nice guy and seems like mentor material. So yes.
Ettore knows his shit and is a pretty rad dude. Give him the purpletext.
Ettore is a good guy, helpful and fun. Make him have the nerdy purple text for the spaceman game.
Congrats, approved!