Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
QM Crate Ideas and Computer Changes
So as it stands right now, if you are a sec. officer or a miner that join later or ends up dieing and losing their stuff but cloned. You are pretty much shit out of luck to getting replacment items for your job (Engineering space suit, oxygen jetpacks (Miners) Stun batons, stun guns, etc (Security)) So here is two crate ideas

Offical Security Officer Supply Crate (Security Acess Only)
(x1 Stun Baton, x1 Stun gun, x1 flash, x1 Armered Vest, x1 Pair of handcuffs)

Replacement Engineering Spacesuit (Engineering, QM, Mining access only)
(x1 Full Engineering Space suit, x1 Breath mask, x1 Oxygen Jetpack)

I am sure there is other crates we could add that would be useful.
Also the list where crates are kept to order on the QM's computer should have some filters to help make it easier to find certaint crates.
Not sure how the UI would be on it. but could at least split crates and filter them into sections.
Eh. Pretty good idea in my opinion.
Bring back spec ops crates from emagged QM consoles.
The security one seems like a good idea. But the engineering one, I think jetpacks are kept in short supply for a reason. Also, the cargo bay or the mining room are both able to make engineering space suits. Or at least they would be, if they had a steady supply of fabric. Which reminds me.

Bring back recycling bedsheets into fabric. Bring back recycling bedsheets into fabric. Bring back recycling bedsheets into fabric. Bring back recycling bedsheets into fabric. Bring back recycling bedsheets into fabric. Bring back recycling bedsheets into fabric. Bring back recycling bedsheets into fabric. Bring back recycling bedsheets into fabric. Bring back recycling bedsheets into fabric. Bring back recycling bedsheets into fabric. Bring back recycling bedsheets into fabric. Bring back recycling bedsheets into fabric.

We've been asking for this for months, ever since the new recyclers were implemented. There are tons of conversions for table parts and whatnot into mauxite, so I know it's possible. Why hasn't it been done yet?

On a related note, recently a new QM ordering console was added to the cargo bay. Not that it isn't convenient, but it blocks the button that opens the external doors on the receiving line, and it can't even be accessed from the other side. Move that button please? It serves an important purpose when crates have been backed up.
Mechanics can replicate all the sec tools, and there is a fab in EVA that will turn fabric+fabric+metal+metal into a spacesuit and jetpack set.
Ikkonoishi Wrote:Mechanics can replicate all the sec tools, and there is a fab in EVA that will turn fabric+fabric+metal+metal into a spacesuit and jetpack set.

Then you need to worry about a mechanics traitor running around stun gunning people and killing them with something. Making theirjobs easier. As for EVA I forgot about that fab, the thing is enigneering spacesuits IIRC don't slow you down as much as norma space suits and have helmet lights.

Sure you can make more spacesuits if you have fabric. However Space traders are completely random per round so you may never find any to begin with, and as far as I recall there is no way to make more fabric other then getting fib
Silvercloud29 Wrote:
Ikkonoishi Wrote:Mechanics can replicate all the sec tools, and there is a fab in EVA that will turn fabric+fabric+metal+metal into a spacesuit and jetpack set.

Then you need to worry about a mechanics traitor running around stun gunning people and killing them with something. Making theirjobs easier. As for EVA I forgot about that fab, the thing is enigneering spacesuits IIRC don't slow you down as much as norma space suits and have helmet lights.

Sure you can make more spacesuits if you have fabric. However Space traders are completely random per round so you may never find any to begin with, and as far as I recall there is no way to make more fabric other then getting fib

Viscerite is a fabric now which helps. As is Koshmarite I think.

Mechanic traitors have better things to go after than stun guns. Its really easy to go to the diner, derelict station, and that place with 4 abandoned crates with an emag to get phasers, wave guns, ect... Mechanics can run roughshod over all access restrictions if they do the staff objective to make another teleporter. If you run out of mechanics and head to security when the round starts Beepsky will actually open the sec door for you as he starts his patrol.
The blast door buttons in QM can be activated from two squares away, like many other buttons blocked off by stuff. The traders carry fabric pretty often so it's not hard to get a hold of it.

In terms of mining equipment, I think the numbers are fine. There's seven jetpacks, five engineering spacesuits, and six regular spacesuits on the station, and both jetpacks and mining spacesuits can easily be made in a mining fabricator if the miners have been doing their job.

Security equipment...I wouldn't put that in the hands of QM since it's super easy to break into and any jackass with access to the ID computer can already buy themselves an arsenal there, but having a couple extra stun batons and tasers lying around someplace reasonably secure wouldn't be a bad idea, since if sec is fully staffed there's no spares or extras whatsoever.
Paineframe Wrote:Security equipment...I wouldn't put that in the hands of QM since it's super easy to break into and any jackass with access to the ID computer can already buy themselves an arsenal there, but having a couple extra stun batons and tasers lying around someplace reasonably secure wouldn't be a bad idea, since if sec is fully staffed there's no spares or extras whatsoever.

Normal that jackass is like the HoP or captain looking for extra weapons and just bust into securities lockers and steal shit round start...

They can order awesome waveguns from QM. Stop stealing sec's shit!
Hell, if one sec officer grabs two batons (either by accident or because they want to build a securitron with one), another sec officer won't have a baton that round because there's no extras.
Silvercloud29 Wrote:

I don't know about you, but there being a legit reason for mechanics traitors to get ahold of otherwise hard to obtain items sounds like a win-win to me. Encourages more gimmicks.
Considering QMs can already buy laser guns, I don't think a security-locked crate with a stun baton or stun gun would change the balance of what that office is capable of all that much.