Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cardiac Arrest and Strangling
Hey I dunno if this is possible but...

Insta-Strangle has always been a deadly weapon in ss13, but now with cardiac arrest and shock hitting you once you go into crit, it has become absolutely destructive. Once the fingers are on your throat, gg no re.

Perhaps its time we make it so stranging doesnt knock you out? It still does an intense amount of damadge, makes you suffocate so you can't call for help, but this would let you do something like 'resist' if you aren't stunned and not make it insta-kill.

Just a thought

OR make cardiac arrest harder to get. Its deadly yo.
I really don't understand why choking someone out doesn't follow the same losebreath rules as being in an airless environment.

You're out in space, and it takes about a full minute for your to finally lose consciousness, but if you quick-choke someone, they black out instantaneously. Now, I know some people can get a pretty damn tight grip, but it's never going to compare to a zero oxygen environment.

Why not just make it so an aggressive grip accumulates losebreath?
Fox McCloud Wrote:I really don't understand why choking someone out doesn't follow the same losebreath rules as being in an airless environment.

You're out in space, and it takes about a full minute for your to finally lose consciousness, but if you quick-choke someone, they black out instantaneously. Now, I know some people can get a pretty damn tight grip, but it's never going to compare to a zero oxygen environment.

Why not just make it so an aggressive grip accumulates losebreath?

Choking doesn't just cut off your air supply. It cuts off the blood going to your brain.
Choking people out still isn't instant though and I doubt the spacemen on the station know how to do an instant knock out choke. I think instant knock out chokes should only be a wrassler belt thing.
KikiMofo Wrote:Choking people out still isn't instant though and I doubt the spacemen on the station know how to do an instant knock out choke. I think instant knock out chokes should only be a wrassler belt thing.
The article I just linked Wrote:A well applied blood choke may lead to unconsciousness in a matter of seconds.
Ikkonoishi Wrote:
KikiMofo Wrote:Choking people out still isn't instant though and I doubt the spacemen on the station know how to do an instant knock out choke. I think instant knock out chokes should only be a wrassler belt thing.
The article I just linked Wrote:A well applied blood choke may lead to unconsciousness in a matter of seconds.
Well applied and seconds yes. 30 seconds or so. Not instant. Also why would nerdy spacemen on a science station know the proper way to apply a choke?
KikiMofo Wrote:Well applied and seconds yes. 30 seconds or so. Not instant. Also why would nerdy spacemen on a science station know the proper way to apply a choke?

They are nerdy spacemen. They have spent their whole life learning how to choke someone out on the off chance they would ever get the chance. Today is their day.
Come on.. this is nothing to do with realism. If you start applying too much realism to a farty 2d spaceman game then you'll find we'll start to look like some heavier RP servers.

The point of the matter is insta-choke is balls. It's not fair that with the slightest bit of grip around someone's neck for a while, they'll start to get a heart attack. Choking should be something that is used to finish off a target after you successfully caved it's skull in.
Here's what I suggest:

1. Choking stuns, causes oxy damage and saps the stamina bar
2. The "stun" from choking can be negated by clicking resist whilst you are being choked.
3. The higher the stamina, the more likely you are able to resist.
4. Choking does not cause the target to lose consciousness, unless they are in critical.

This way, to successfully choke someone to death, you'd want them either (or all 3):
A) Stunned beforehand, but even then they might shake off the stun and resist, but are less likely to overcome
B) Drained of stamina beforehand. Low stamina: Less likely to resist.
C) Brutally damaged. Being in red and then having oxy damage would bring you down to crit, which at that point the target would lose consciousness.

I agree with that the wrestler belt should have an instant consciousness loss like it is now.
Addendum: Changling when they are absorbing someone should also have this, the minute they click absorb, an appendage wraps around the targets neck and causes them to black out.
here is another dumb thing about grab: it doesn't actually hold a person in place, not from running away, not from being pulled away. if you want to restrain someone you literally have to choke them into unconsciousness. this is dumb!!!!
i would prefer to see

-delay between grab upgrades
-resist causes a downgrade of current grab status instead out complete break
-grab actually holds someone in place as long as the grabber is taking the effort & occupying their hands to do so!!
-choke = losebreath but no fucking blackout or stun ARGH
and please get rid of the stupid chance based "x tried but failed to grab y aggressively" thing on upgrades that accomplishes nothing but wasting changeling's time
Agreed with Mozi on all counts, this has been the case for way too long and it's incredibly lame.
I agree with yall! A good sollution
-Delay going from aggressive to 'choking'
-Aggressive and up grabs hold you in place [the only thought about this is that it makes tabling a lot stronger bc its harder to run away]
-Choke = A quick stun once initiated and lose breath, but no stupid fucking blackout

and this
mozi Wrote:and please get rid of the stupid chance based "x tried but failed to grab y aggressively" thing on upgrades that accomplishes nothing but wasting changeling's time
if a simple grab could at least break someone's movement that'd be nice for security/doctors who want to get someone's attention when they're racing across the screen at a zillion miles per hour
If being grab choked didn't stun someone, what would keep them from choking you back?