Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can we make the Test Chamber not suck?
Seriously, is there any way we can make the test chamber not crumble into tiny bits when testing something? I just blew up some erebite-based items in the test chamber and the whole thing shredded itself. What is the point of the test chamber if it can't handle an explosion of that magnitude?
The point of the Test Chamber is to protect the rest of science. Why bother making bombs if you can't see how effective it is against a normal floor and some common objects?
MedicInDisquise Wrote:The point of the Test Chamber is to protect the rest of science. Why bother making bombs if you can't see how effective it is against a normal floor and some common objects?

This is why we have bomb VR

The chemists just blow themselves and chemistry up when they test things, so nobody particuarly cares.

Also if you're getting erebite, you can probably spring for a 50 stack of metal to make some things to test it against I mean comn.
The test chamber seems to be more for testing chems and gases on live subjects than for bomb testing. For explosives, just hop in a pod and fly out to the diner or one of the stations out in the debris field.
Or just carve a hole in an asteroid and put your bomb there.
Just blow up mining or the diner
It would be cool if down near the listening post there was a maze of wreckage and random walls and floors. Throw in a few reports from builders about some sort of ghost murdering them here and there. The Syndies didn't want the station people mining into the listening post so they sabotaged the construction. Would also make for a good arena for a last ditch stand to get dat fuggin disk back.
Ikkonoishi Wrote:It would be cool if down near the listening post there was a maze of wreckage and random walls and floors. Throw in a few reports from builders about some sort of ghost murdering them here and there. The Syndies didn't want the station people mining into the listening post so they sabotaged the construction. Would also make for a good arena for a last ditch stand to get dat fuggin disk back.

Uh...what does this have to do with the suggestion?
GuntherHermann Wrote:Uh...what does this have to do with the suggestion?

Uh I don't know what would having a bunch of unpopulated structures with the same blast resistance as the station have to do with testing how much damage bombs do? Hmm. That is a puzzler.
Ikkonoishi Wrote:
GuntherHermann Wrote:Uh...what does this have to do with the suggestion?

Uh I don't know what would having a bunch of unpopulated structures with the same blast resistance as the station have to do with testing how much damage bombs do? Hmm. That is a puzzler.

Having the testing area for bombs be in the middle of space outside a syndie base makes it a lot harder for scientists to test anything.