Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Re-add Security modules, but make them more like mall-cops
Give robots the option to take security modules back, but make it so instead of tasers, handcuffs and stun-batons, they get things like police tape, a megaphone, sirens, tickets, and a flashlight they can use to scare off kids. I think it could be funny.
They need a camera too. And segway wheels for feet by default.
I love this idea.
They should also be able to create donuts, and be able to eat them.
Add a flash so they can at least PRETEND to be security bots

Also toss in one of those security scanner things
Even better give them a police baton that only stuns a person for three seconds, and you must wait five seconds to use it again so that it isn't super-op.
Really just give them something like an amped vuva effect so they can cause confusion. It would break up most fights. give it a five second recharge
Also as an addition how about a rubber bullet pistol that does no damage but sounds likes actual shots to scare people?
I love the idea of a security robot. Can we agree on the tools however? Here's my list:
1)Security PDA. Just like borgs have normal pda's secborg spawns with the security one. Can ticket and scan fingerprints.
2)Flashlight.
3)Syringe.
4)Lighter. Combined with the syringe, he can test if someone is human or not before going to town on them. Also to light the detectives cig, if told to.
5)Fire extinguisher. For going to town on non-humans. And for putting out humans. But more the former.
6)Siren. This is a new item, but it literally would just be a sound synthesizer that makes the WEEWOO noise and flashes blue/red.
7)Donut dispenser. Fires out an always fresh frosted donut, one at a time. Requires a recharge (read: a 10 second wait) per donut, so the secbot isn't spamming donuts.

We do not need anything that could constitute has harming humans, lest we make the mistakes of the past. However if sec robot had remote access to security records like the detective does in vr goggles then they can activate beepsky and other securitrons at will, that would be rad. Maybe even Vr goggles in which the borg would spawn exactly in the same place as the detective. That would be hilarious, surprising the detective in VR space.

Essentially, i'd like to see secborgs back in as a fun partner to security without being insufferable, asimov-law-breaking assholes.
I dunno. I don't really like the idea of them having syringes they could fill with nasty ingredients they inject into anyone crimin'. Or them beating someone to death with a fire extinguisher either, really. I think it'd be funniest and least exploitable if they just got stuck with the benign security equipment.
I think if they bring back security modules 1. they should be effective, and 2... they should be murchant purchased and cost something like 50k or more.
Security Modules should be the dorky cop equivalent of the Brobot and nothing more, no fucking flashes or extinguishers or anything.
RAWK_LAWBSTAR Wrote:Add a flash so they can at least PRETEND to be security bots

Also toss in one of those security scanner things

no
RandyArcher Wrote:Really just give them something like an amped vuva effect so they can cause confusion. It would break up most fights. give it a five second recharge

noooo
Zadeon Wrote:Even better give them a police baton that only stuns a person for three seconds, and you must wait five seconds to use it again so that it isn't super-op.

hell no