Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
bomb vr update
wabash1 Wrote:boycott ss13 till this is in

I, for one, welcome the new wabash-free ss13.
Marquesas Wrote:
wabash1 Wrote:boycott ss13 till this is in

I, for one, welcome the new wabash-free ss13.
pfft you can't robust out of a bag tho.
UrsulaMejor Wrote:Perhaps a "digitizer" that can "turn an item virtual" by teleporting it from a designated tile in the science lab to a designated tile in the vr testing chamber.

The digitizer can't be used on humans unless emagged and sparks obviously when it is

REASON NUMBER ONE THIS NEEDS TO BE IMPLEMENTED:

1) You can't practice making Canister Bombs under the current VR setup
2) Since there's no way to VR practice, there's pretty much no reason to make a canister bomb as a nontraitor
3) Therefore, if someone catches you making a canister bomb, they're pretty much guaranteed to kill you, and that's sad.
Huh? I had no trouble practicing and experimenting with canister bombs as a nontraitor, or even testing them. What does VR have to do with them?
Paineframe Wrote:Huh? I had no trouble practicing and experimenting with canister bombs as a nontraitor, or even testing them. What does VR have to do with them?
it would offer a way for everyone to test them without traveling off station.
UrsulaMejor Wrote:
UrsulaMejor Wrote:Perhaps a "digitizer" that can "turn an item virtual" by teleporting it from a designated tile in the science lab to a designated tile in the vr testing chamber.

The digitizer can't be used on humans unless emagged and sparks obviously when it is

REASON NUMBER ONE THIS NEEDS TO BE IMPLEMENTED:

1) You can't practice making Canister Bombs under the current VR setup
2) Since there's no way to VR practice, there's pretty much no reason to make a canister bomb as a nontraitor
3) Therefore, if someone catches you making a canister bomb, they're pretty much guaranteed to kill you, and that's sad.

Actually, thinking about legitimate reasons for making bombs, telescience z-levels would be a good place for it.
Some kind of area that needs a lot of demolitions to progress would work for a good testing ground and a place to actually use that junk.
Frank_Stein Wrote:kind of area that needs a lot of demolitions to progress would work for a good testing ground and a place to actually use that junk.

I don't really care about the testing area thing here but a telescience location that required you to blow down walls to progress would be cool as heck