Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zombies are BROKEN
1. Zombies can eat the same dudes brain forever yet said dude won't turn into a zombie, even with the "dude rises from the dead" text
2. Zombies skin does not turn green most of the time so you can't tell who's a zombie
3. If you die as a zombie to oxygen loss and you come back to life, you will continue to take oxygen loss damage, even if in an area with oxygen, until you take an O2 pill
For some reason eating a person's brain just gives them the virus at stage one. It's weird cause you would think eating a brain would do more.
Ali0en Wrote:2. Zombies skin does not turn green most of the time so you can't tell who's a zombie

Big surprise; I've been complaining about overlays for 2 months now.

Basically things that involve overlay changes aren't updating the mob sprite...this goes for werewolves, zombies, lizards, probably skeletons (not the NPC), and rotting+skeletonized corpses.

You can FORCE the sprite to update by giving yourself any mutation...but most players aren't going to do this, besides, why update your sprite if you're a werewolf or zombie? It means people have little way of telling anything until its too late.
Fox McCloud Wrote:
Ali0en Wrote:2. Zombies skin does not turn green most of the time so you can't tell who's a zombie

Basically things that involve overlay changes aren't updating the mob sprite...this goes for werewolves, zombies, lizards, probably skeletons (not the NPC), and rotting+skeletonized corpses.

You can FORCE the sprite to update by giving yourself any mutation...but most players aren't going to do this, besides, why update your sprite if you're a werewolf or zombie? It means people have little way of telling anything until its too late.

<cogwerks> zombie skin isn't an overlay
<cogwerks> i'm not on my laptop and i don't remember my board password, can someone post that
<cogwerks> zombies have their own mob sprite, it is not an overlay
GuntherHermann Wrote:
Fox McCloud Wrote:

<cogwerks> zombie skin isn't an overlay
<cogwerks> i'm not on my laptop and i don't remember my board password, can someone post that
<cogwerks> zombies have their own mob sprite, it is not an overlay

I would test if it obeys the same rules though, but turning yourself into a zombie is risky risky business without help.