Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Erebite infused items don't seem to react (explode)
So the other day I got traitor as a CE and went off to QM to buy myself a crate of erebite. I stashed it someplace safe so no one would find it then went to help mining make industral armor suits. After I got one for myself I took some quill from the fabricator, grabbed my stash of erebite and went to the arc smelter in mining. I made 4 bars of erebite. 2 erebite slag shovels, and 1 erebite/uqill shovel and named myself on a agent ID card the shovelnatior and was about to go to town....

I went to a briandead pubby and smacked him with my erqill shovel to see its blast radious but it never cuase an explosion... I used a plain erebite shovel, no exploion on multiple hits. I smacked the pubby with the bar of erebite and STILL NO EXPLOSION. (I think you can see my fustration on this one). I walked into medical and smacked the two erebite bars together..... No explosion...

I think something is broken or RNG hated my guts that round. After an accumulation of about 100 hits of me beating people to death none of my erebite exploded on contact with someone or with me hitting it together with something
Considering all the erebite shenanigans lately I'd strongly suggest calling this a feature and forgetting about it.
Marquesas Wrote:Considering all the erebite shenanigans lately I'd strongly suggest calling this a feature and forgetting about it.

Agreed. Too many erebite chain reactions + plasmastone + exploding everything withing half the station in a series of laggy explosions in general. Plus it seems to be a bad idea to give just about anyone who bothers to try relatively easy access to a rather good explosive that if you press into metal can be enhanced and turned into explosive throwing tiles basically.

Also I've agreed with Marquesas at least 3 times in a row now and I fear it will tear a rift in the universe if I do so once more.
Can't erebite just cause a shockwave and some sparks instead?
Maybe the problem with erebite is it's so fucking easily acquired.
Maybe if we make it rarer that Gragg will sell erebite, but as a trade-off, fix erebite not spawning in rocks brought by the mineral magnet
BlakeJohnson Wrote:Maybe the problem with erebite is it's so fucking easily acquired.
Maybe if we make it rarer that Gragg will sell erebite, but as a trade-off, fix erebite not spawning in rocks brought by the mineral magnet

Or keep him selling it, but when you buy it the crate explodes in space due to the erebite bouncing around the mass driven crate. Or wait till it lands on the belt. Seems kinda silly that you can safely transport a highly explosive and unsecured piece of ore in a crate by mass driving it through space.
The problem isn't really that Gragg sells erebite, it's that people leave their crate full of erebite sitting unattended in the public-access smelter area while they run off to get something else, so any jerkoff can get their hands on erebite just by waiting for the QM/HoP/Captain to get bored and run off somewhere because they probably won't even bother to close the crate, let alone drag it somewhere a little more secure.
Maybe make it so you can card lock merchant crates to you when you open them? This way every time you close the crate either your ID or a head/security ID is the only one that can open it.
Marquesas Wrote:Considering all the erebite shenanigans lately I'd strongly suggest calling this a feature and forgetting about it.

Just becuase people like to use the stuff for some gimmics doesn't mean it deserves to not be fixed. Standard ore even the the explosives changes are more dangerous then making items out of it. Also just normal erebite items (Like erebite slag shovels) used to explode once and vanish. Mixing it is what caused it to exploded and not vanish right away. It's fine really.

It's a bug and still needs some work
Also, ordering erebite from gragg is already a crapshoot to begin with. And it doesn't help mining never drops it anymore either.
Erebite items explode only if they hit a dense object, like a window, or a mob wearing erebite armor. I know this from experience.
NoscopeToolbox Wrote:Erebite items explode only if they hit a dense object, like a window, or a mob wearing erebite armor. I know this from experience.
Or the floor, I once threw erebite at a floor it exploded.

But then again I have also seen people punching each other with erebite mix gloves and making people not wearing armor explode.
Natsumehack Wrote:
NoscopeToolbox Wrote:Erebite items explode only if they hit a dense object, like a window, or a mob wearing erebite armor. I know this from experience.

But then again I have also seen people punching each other with erebite mix gloves and making people not wearing armor explode.

But that's not the people exploding, that's their gloves exploding! And yes, sometimes thrown erebite items explode. Randomly.
NoscopeToolbox Wrote:
Natsumehack Wrote:

But that's not the people exploding, that's their gloves exploding! And yes, sometimes thrown erebite items explode. Randomly.

By that same logic the shovel should explode, which it didn't for OP.
Silvercloud29 Wrote:

Just becuase people like to use the stuff for some gimmics doesn't mean it deserves to not be fixed.

If shit is run into the ground, you really should let it rest for a while before you dig it out.