Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Borg suicide tweak
Currently when a borg uses the suicide verb (usually due to being butthurt that they were borged and not cloned) the borg body falls apart.

I suggest that the head fly open and brain pop out comically instead, maybe with a SPROING! noise. This way, the body can be immediately reused by the roboticist.
yes this would be great
Make the brain splatter on the ground in a bloody mess too. You know. To reduce clutter.
Make the same thing happen if you try to insert a jobbanned brain.
Good ideas all around.
rulib Wrote:Currently when a borg uses the suicide verb (usually due to being understandably pissed that robotics ran into genetics, stole the body being cloned, and borged it) the borg body falls apart.

I suggest that the head fly open and brain pop out comically instead, maybe with a SPROING! noise. This way, the body can be immediately reused by the roboticist.
ftfy
This would be good because the falling-apart issue means you lose the robot frame. You might also need to put in a new power cell.

As another suggestion, maybe give borgs the ability to unlock and lock their own interfaces. Unlocking is instant, relocking is like handcuffs and requires you to not move for a minute.
Zamujasa Wrote:This would be good because the falling-apart issue means you lose the robot frame. You might also need to put in a new power cell.

As another suggestion, maybe give borgs the ability to unlock and lock their own interfaces. Unlocking is instant, relocking is like handcuffs and requires you to not move for a minute.

I like this idea, the handcuff style delay on relock would really be helpful here. This would allow non-roboticists like QM or Mechanic who may end up with robotics fabricators and the need to repair a borg the ability to do so.
embarrasment I want to fry myself as a borg.

I want to climb into the smelter and become the silicate version of a meatcube. unsmigghh
OurKabalEmerges Wrote:
rulib Wrote:Currently when a borg uses the suicide verb (usually due to being understandably pissed that robotics ran into genetics, stole the body being cloned, and borged it) the borg body falls apart.

ftfy
Right, because it happens all the damn time that a roboticist breaks into Genetics, flashes both geneticists, then steals all available corpses for his own nefarious purpose.

If you die, you've already lost the round, and getting a second chance isn't an a la carte deal. If you don't want to be borged, press the DNR button instead of being a whiny baby because you didn't get your way.
As someone who was previously jobbanned from borg (maybe I still am but a 'min said I wasn't so iunno. It was years ago anyways) I always hated that if I was jobbanned I literally just DETONATED and ruined the roboticists day. I'd have to scream "JOBBANNED!" then quickly use the suicide command to preserve anything, which I usually wasn't fast enough to pull off.'

So yeah, this is a good idea.
lifehole Wrote:As someone who was previously jobbanned from borg (maybe I still am but a 'min said I wasn't so iunno. It was years ago anyways) I always hated that if I was jobbanned I literally just DETONATED and ruined the roboticists day. I'd have to scream "JOBBANNED!" then quickly use the suicide command to preserve anything, which I usually wasn't fast enough to pull off.'

So yeah, this is a good idea.
I think the thing with jobbanned borgs has been changed such that it just refuses to put the brain into the borg head now? I'm not sure how it functions exactly but I think it at least doesn't blow up the borg wordlessly anymore.

That said, this would be a nice change. It's always annoying to replace the frame and battery from a suicided borg (especially if they're a jerk and suicide immediately after being borged).
I keep reading this topic as Borg suicide twerk, and I can't help thinking that that should be a thing.
A note: I changed it so brains of people who are jobbanned from borgs disintegrate in a puff of smoke when added to head components a while back.
Maybe have it so the suiciding borg's head compartment is forcibly overheated, melting the brain and forcing the head unit open as the chunky brain salsa runs out.

Stick a new one in there right away, perfectly sanitary.