Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
gorillamydreams - LLJk EU 4 - 16/07/2014 12:30pm
Ok... this is turning into a slap fight... this is the last i'll say on it Then the admins can put in their points. I will not stand there and let you pull a scientists ID rather than hit the switch you are standing two tiles from to go back to medbay. I don't have to damage you to bump you away from the dude. If I had gone braindead suddenly, I'd hope a fellow scientist would stop a jackass medic from stealing my access to my job. It's extremely hard to get your ID back from a medic, and... yeah. I used a literally non damage way to keep you from taking it. All you had to do was not take the ID and hit the shutters and run out. You were simply looking to have your way, and have access to chemistry. Irony being I was trying to keep you safe by locking it off while I made sarin for my test room experiment... which never got bloody done. Anyway, I am done with this. This is not the petty player bickering thread. If anything I did in this situation was wrong, an admin points it out I'll apologize no questions asked and try to do better in the future, but other than that I am done responding. Once you're unbanned we can discuss it in game if you like.
GorillaMyDreams Wrote:
mozi Wrote:were you actually locked in the room, or was it just the shutters keeping you in?

Quoting this to make sure you don't miss this. By the way please don't turn this into a slapfight.

I was a medical doctor who opened up chemistry for medical to have access to. As people do most rounds, chemists hate it regardless.
He locked down the shutters, just as I was passing back In to spy, much to my surprise. When I asked him to open them he ignored me and instead began chasing me around the room. Even causing me to accidentally walk past the shower door and onto a space tile within it. I walked out of it and quickly healed and regained my speed. By then I decide to stop and pick up a red emergency toolbox next to him and hit him. The universal way of saying "Back off" without having to take the risk of typing In a potentially dangerous situation. As soon as I did so He injected me with a serum that, as far as I knew at the time, was causing suffocation damage. (Which was really just loosebreath, preventing me from talking.) I hit him again out of annoyance and drop the toolbox and walk away from him. He follows me again and I run behind the table and try to hit the shutters button, but I was In hostile stance and couldn't get past him. Panicking I tried to take off the afk's ID. Hoping to do something with it. By then He followed me, again, and I punched him several times and knock him out. Assuming he was laging to much to do anything. The rest you know In great detail.

I could have hopped down the disposals. But he was always nearby and could and "ejected" me, which would have caused me to be stunned. I could have screamed for help, If it wasn't for loosebreath.. I could have sat down and taken potential death, but I'm stubborn that way.
And you make a liar out of me... no... you weren't being blocked in, and yes I was nearby you. I was originally intending to rehit the dang button, but ran into your fists on the way. Ok seriously this time I am done arguing. Admins, dude is straight up lying. I know because I act up sometimes I don't always have the most credibility, but in this case you can at least know that if I wanted to keep a dude subdued in that particular room, I would not have a lot of trouble doing so. Crystalane, space lube, flash powder... and so on. On this one the logs at least show I did nothing but help the dude, and he ran into a room, refused to leave, tried to steal an ID, and when it all went bust on him and he got in trouble for trying to toolbox someone to death he is trying to lie about it... I am getting heated and this isn't my thread, but Gorilla handled it quickly and it made me glad to have adminhelped it rather than take it into my own hands. For the record the thing that teleported him out would be an artifact he had touched previously.

In this situation he had numerous options to leave, at a minimum when he had me knocked out continuing to beat me and strip my ID is not the actions of a "fleeing" man.

I am done... for real this time. Sorry if this came off as a slap fight, but I full expected to pop in to this guys ban appeal, tell my side and give him a "hey it got out of hand, I understand, I don't object to him being unbanned"... seeing this as an admin complaint pisses me off. I am now officially a sperglorde
RandyArcher Wrote:And you make a liar out of me... no... you weren't being blocked in, and yes I was nearby you. I was originally intending to rehit the dang button, but ran into your fists on the way. Ok seriously this time I am done arguing. Admins, dude is straight up lying. I know because I act up sometimes I don't always have the most credibility, but in this case you can at least know that if I wanted to keep a dude subdued in that particular room, I would not have a lot of trouble doing so. Crystalane, space lube, flash powder... and so on. On this one the logs at least show I did nothing but help the dude, and he ran into a room, refused to leave, tried to steal an ID, and when it all went bust on him and he got in trouble for trying to toolbox someone to death he is trying to lie about it... I am getting heated and this isn't my thread, but Gorilla handled it quickly and it made me glad to have adminhelped it rather than take it into my own hands. For the record the thing that teleported him out would be an artifact he had touched previously.

In this situation he had numerous options to leave, at a minimum when he had me knocked out continuing to beat me and strip my ID is not the actions of a "fleeing" man.

I am done... for real this time. Sorry if this came off as a slap fight, but I full expected to pop in to this guys ban appeal, tell my side and give him a "hey it got out of hand, I understand, I don't object to him being unbanned"... seeing this as an admin complaint pisses me off. I am now officially a sperglorde

Your saying I'm over reacting right now, but I haven't told lies at all. I never said you were a bad person or you were doing bad. You were following me and keeping me stuck in the room, yes. But I couldn't talk and say "Hey, Ai, mind letting me out?" And I dared not go down disposals for fear of "Eject contents". Let it be known I'm not angry or raging at all. I'm sitting here with one eyebrow lowered and confused why your acting like I've put you on a witch stand or something and these are the salem trials. Also please do stop saying I'm lying, nowhere did I lie. I've even stated I was in the wrong, but I've also said I'm not without fault. Unless you believe so, then have It your way.
Feel free to close/delete/wipe/eraise-from-time this Complaint. I see now that it's just a way for people to rage, and nothing more. I still feel gorilla did a bad job at explaining to me what he meant by "He was trying to help me." But at this point I honestly couldn't care. Goon admins will be Goon admins, after all. Get used to it or leave.
I explained it pretty clearly about what he was doing and how you could have handled the situation differently but if you say so.
GorillaMyDreams Wrote:I explained it pretty clearly about what he was doing and how you could have handled the situation differently but if you say so.

Meh.
You didn't exactly. I mean just because an injection has beneficial properties does not mean the disadvantageous side effects should be over looked. Especially If someone doesn't need the beneficial. You essentially said "He closed your exist, and followed you around. But he injected you with helpful chemicals that prevent speech. Therefore he was helping you. So get over It and enjoy your ban." Maybe if you had explained "He thoughts you were injured after walking off'f the space tile and injected you with small doses of a healing chemical. He didn't mean for the speech impediment to lead you to assume hostility." But you didn't.. just a helpful hint.
Honestly this just sounds like a pretty simple misunderstanding, and hell, the game is full of misunderstandings going wrong. I wrote perfluoro to have some pretty startling effects. If you're not used to it, it'd be real easy for a new player or someone from another server to assume it's a poison, and hell, some traitors use it as such to keep people from calling for help.

I haven't seen your rap sheet but normally I'd say a misunderstanding like this should be left to security, or could be handled by just saying "hey, that guy wasn't actually trying to hurt you" with both parties getting healed.

Hal- toolboxing people can get the same reaction you had to the perfluoro, fyi. Many players will react VERY badly to getting hit by a toolbox, they assume you mean to murder them and will immediately try to get the upper hand.
Quote:Reply PM to-GorillaMyDreams: I honestlyu thought he was gunning for me. Are yo uhim?

Reply PM to-GorillaMyDreams: this seems very biased.

Gorilla was not the scientist, and I massively doubt that he had any bias for him.

Quote:Reply PM to-GorillaMyDreams: well I wasn't familiar with the drug. Plus the fact it doesn't let you talk seems very suspicous. I wouldn't be able to call for help.
That'd make me paranoid too.
Now that I had my rest and can think alot better, I just banned you for a day because you have three incidents already on your record and I felt we were past just giving you a warning. I actually asked what the chemical specifically does before taking any action but unfortunately the parties responsible did not mention that it did cause the O2 alarm to go off, only that it fixes oxygen damage while taking away your ability to talk. I wasn't told until about the oxygen alarm until after everything had been said and done, so I was honestly didn't know about that part.

That being said however, anything that you thought and assumed would have been done to you could be fixed in the literally click of one button and everything would have been instantly fixed. You also weren't locked in either as you could have pressed the shutter button and run out before he could have shut it again. And since you resorted to violence very quickly when you should know better after three incidents, and the fact that you could have stopped after knocking him down instead of going on and on into beating him into critical I thought a ban would be more appropriate this time like I said before.
Since nobody's mentioned this yet I feel I should point this out:

Hal, you don't actually need a scientist ID to operate that button. Anyone can press it. That seems like a simple thing to assume incorrectly, like if you've never had reason to use such buttons outside of having the job relating to them. But yeah, you could have just pressed that button yourself. But it seems very clear that you weren't actually aware of that, and that seems to have been a big part of how this spiraled so far out of control in the first place.