Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
gorillamydreams - LLJk EU 4 - 16/07/2014 12:30pm
Admin name: Gorillamydreams
Server: LLJK EU 4
Date/Time: 16/07/2014 / 12:30 - Estimated time.
Synopsis: - So a little back story.
So In Medbey I remove the table separating Medbey from Science, since; you know - Happens every round. So I wander In a couple minutes later and there's this scientist, Randy Archer, who follows me for a few seconds until I run out. When I wander back In to see what he's up to; he closes the window shutters, preventing me from leaving. I ask him to open them up so I can leave, since I've given up on my curiosity. But he continues to follow me around the room. Generally when someone follows you around the room like that then they have malicious Intent. So I pick up a random toolbox and hit him, to say back off. He injects me with some random compound and I start getting suffocation damage right there (Since I'd been in that room for about two minutes and hand't received suffocation damage until that moment. And I assumed he'd followed me around just to inject harmful chemicals. And I had no air tank.). I assume He'd injected me with something that will kill me, so I try to run to the shutter button but another scientist is in my way. I try to take off Morgein's, the other scientists, ID (who's afk). In the hopes of running out the room through the door. But Randy wandered up to me, yet again. By this point I have no idea what he's about to do, so I punch him in the hopes of knocking him out. When I get lucky and he collapses I have no idea what I'm going to do next. Do I kill him, do I chance It and take off his id and hope he doesn't wake up in the middle of me doing it? I just grab his air tank and keep hitting him and hitting him. I even grab a nearby acid bottle and throw it onto him. When It's clear he has a skull made out of titanium I start to take off his gear. Planing on grabbing his ID and getting out of there. Mind you the hitting him must have been in the span of 60 seconds or less. So I try to take off his ID, but by then Gorillamydreams has sent me to the penalty box.

Though you do have to understand. The fact he hadn't said a word only added to my paranoia.

Reason for complaint:
He was clearly Ignoring anything I was saying. I'm well aware that I could have just knocked him out, hit him a little to drain his stamina and taken his id and be on my way. But I panicked. When I looked up the drug on the wiki a clear line stuck out -Perfluorodecalin: Fantastic for crime because it silences people.

While it may have minor healing properties He had no reason at all to inject me with it. I was in perfect health. And the drug Itself was somewhat Addictive. It's apparent that He Intended to prevent me from calling help. I can only theorise the reason I was able to knock him down is because of either lag or Byond being It's buggy self. Which explains why there was a delay when he was chasing after me. When I moved It'd take him roughly just over a second to adapt and move towards my location.

Here's our entire conversation:

Admin PM from-GorillaMyDreams: Click my name or f1 to respond

HELP: You: It's the general reaction when a guy locks you in science and refuses to let you out. and also injects you with a serum that causes suffication damage.

Admin PM from-GorillaMyDreams: That wasn't suffocating you, and it's pretty easy to get out if you actually put your mind into it. Instead you decide to just beat the everliving shit out of him which was totally unwarranted and that he never did make you suffocate

Reply PM to-GorillaMyDreams: I was losing oxygen. After he injected me with something. He wouldn't let me out. As far as I knew he was trying to kill me. I did the same to him.

Admin PM from-GorillaMyDreams: No, he was not

Reply PM to-GorillaMyDreams: If he wasn't planing on killing me, then I'm sorry. but he sure gave off the vibe.

Admin PM from-GorillaMyDreams: The thing is you hit him before he even injected you, so yeah

ArIlIlIlon FarIlIlIlon is suddenly pulled through space!

Admin PM from-GorillaMyDreams: Nah you're not getting away

Reply PM to-GorillaMyDreams: I hit him because he was following me around the room after locking it down.

Admin PM from-GorillaMyDreams: He can't lock a room down unless he did something like weld it. By the way he injected you with perfluorodecalin which FIXES O2 damage but doesn't let you talk

Admin PM from-GorillaMyDreams: So yeah you had a total overblown reaction to something simple

Reply PM to-GorillaMyDreams: He closed the shutters, theres a switch and I didn't have a science id. I came in through the reinforced table area.

Reply PM to-GorillaMyDreams: well I wasn't familiar with the drug. Plus the fact it doesn't let you talk seems very suspicous. I wouldn't be able to call for help.

Admin PM from-GorillaMyDreams: And you could have simply called for help or clicked the shutter button to run. At any rate you have a history so this is going to be more than a warning

Reply PM to-GorillaMyDreams: I have a history? for a different thing

Admin PM from-GorillaMyDreams: Still a history regardless

Reply PM to-GorillaMyDreams: I honestlyu thought he was gunning for me. Are yo uhim?

Reply PM to-GorillaMyDreams: this seems very biased.

You have been banned by gorillamydreams.
Reason: This time this guy assumes he was being killed and decides to beat a guy's head in with his gas tank despite several options to leave the room and the fact that the guy was trying to help him and not hurt him..

The Complaint.
I fully admit I handled that event wrongly. And I do deserve my time out for It. But this complaint is about how Gorilla handled administrating It. I mean taking me out of the penalty box and putting me back In just to essentially say "Lol, no." for his amusement Is pretty low. But Ignoring my side of the argument completely Is just not very admin like.

Throughout the entire conversation he has held a strong belief that Randy Archer was simply "Helping" me. By trapping me In a room and injecting me with a somewhat addictive drug that prevents you from talking and therefore calling for help.( It had minor healing properties, but I was in no way injured. So the latter reason is the most likely, to prevent me from calling for help.) He even has the audacity to suggest I could just have called out for help.

I mean either he Is the person In question, Is friends with the person In question, or Is really that bad at reviewing two sides of an argument. I'm curious what the other guy said.
He states that I have a history, one not related to the bashing of heads, but a history anyway. #EnjoyYourBan. But yes, we could refer to It as a strike system.

The most unusual thing Is his Reason for banning me:This time this guy assumes he was being killed and decides to beat a guy's head in with his gas tank despite several options to leave the room and the fact that the guy was trying to help him and not hurt him..

Excuse me? I was at full health and In no way Injured. I'm sure the Suffocation at the same moment he injected me was purely coincidental, but that doesn't excuse the fact that that part of the reason for banning me Is invalid. You can't help someone by trapping them In a room with a hull breach behind a glass door and refuse to let them leave (No air was leaking out as far as I could tell.) and then inject them with something to keep em quiet. Also It was his gas tank, I just picked It up off the ground when he collapsed. Great for removing stamina. If he really wanted to help me he could have listened to my request, clicked the button and let me be on my merry way. And close it behind him. But he didn't. He persisted to chase after me until he could inject a silencing agent.

So yes, this is a complaint against his ability to listen to two sides of an argument. I just want him to improve his method. Sometimes what the other person Is saying Is valid. Just a helpful hint.

Log:
Code:
ArIlIlIlon FarIlIlIlon says, "eivl"
ArIlIlIlon FarIlIlIlon says, "i never knew that does that"
ArIlIlIlon FarIlIlIlon says, "lemi out"
ArIlIlIlon FarIlIlIlon attacks Randy Archer in the head with the emergency toolbox!
Randy Archer injects ArIlIlIlon FarIlIlIlon with 5 units of perfluorodecalin.
ArIlIlIlon FarIlIlIlon gasps.
ArIlIlIlon FarIlIlIlon attacks Randy Archer in the chest with the emergency toolbox!
Randy Archer has added Hypospray to the backpack!
ArIlIlIlon FarIlIlIlon is trying to take off Moregin Freeman's ID Card (Scientist) from Moregin Freeman's uniform!
ArIlIlIlon FarIlIlIlon punches Randy Archer!
Randy Archer collapses!
... and lands a devastating hit!
ArIlIlIlon FarIlIlIlon kicks Randy Archer!
ArIlIlIlon FarIlIlIlon attacks Randy Archer in the head with Gas Tank (Air Mix)!
ArIlIlIlon FarIlIlIlon attacks Randy Archer in the head with Gas Tank (Air Mix)!
You splash all of the solution onto Randy Archer.
ArIlIlIlon FarIlIlIlon splashes the acid bottle's contents onto Randy Archer!
Your acid bottle is empty!
ArIlIlIlon FarIlIlIlon attacks Randy Archer in the chest with Gas Tank (Air Mix)!
ArIlIlIlon FarIlIlIlon attacks Randy Archer in the chest with Gas Tank (Air Mix)!
Charline Kruse  [145.9] says, "Let me know when Plank is cloned, please"
ArIlIlIlon FarIlIlIlon is trying to put Gas Tank (Air Mix) on Randy Archer
You have been sent to the penalty box. An admin should contact you shortly.
If nobody contacts you within a minute or two, please adminhelp. (F1 key)
- Yes, I know It's annoying for admins to see such spam In chat. And I was thinking about that as I was hitting him. Also the putting air mix thing was when I was trying to take off his id. I forgot holding something forces it to be put on a person..

Extra Information: That's pretty much It. Was just annoyed that he disregarded my side of the story and blatantly took the other side.
I wish there was an edit option to fine tune everything, but anyway. I realize the Admin complaint section must seem more like a raging section than anything. But this is a general complaint. I accept that my ban was justified. But your method about doing It wasn't right. I didn't just decide "Oh hey, you locked me In here. Well die!" And he didn't just decide "Hey, you might need oxygen. Here: take this Injection. It'll make you feel better." Because you made It seem to be exactly that. He didn't talk and say he was helping me. He didn't let me out. He was, for all intents and purposes, showing hostility. But looking back now If I hadn't panicked, and before he injected me, I could have quickly typed for the AI to let me out. (If the AI wasn't rogue, afk, or feel like Ignoring me.)

Which I accept as stupidity on my part.
Except here's you assuming he was killing you or at least going to kill you when he wasn't (which you also have in your logs.).

PM: HAL-900/(ArIlIlIlon FarIlIlIlon)->GorillaMyDreams/(Gary Tappman): I was losing oxygen. After he injected me with something. He wouldn't let me out. As far as I knew he was trying to kill me. I did the same to him.

He wasn't being hostile to you at all, all he did was inject you with a hypospray before you continued attacking him as you had already hit him once before the injection. And how can there be two sides to the story when it's an entirely one sided beatdown?

Also I didn't take you out of the box, I put you back in because you had teleported out somehow hence PM: GorillaMyDreams/(Gary Tappman)->HAL-900/(ArIlIlIlon FarIlIlIlon): Nah you're not getting away
In goon whenever someone locks you in a room, chases you around, and injects you with something It's a clear sign that they're up to something. Add the effects of the drug into the equation; Unable to speak. Add randomly happening suffocation damage and you got a recipe that screams something bad is going to happen to you. I hadn't killed him and he wasn't dead. I beat him up before he could do anything. You deny the possibility that he was In fact going to do something. You've even stated it in your reason for banning me, that all he was doing is "helping" me.

I received no help. In fact all his injection did was prevent me from calling for help.

And enough with the "you hit him first" there wasn't even a three second gap. He was chasing me around to inject me. You saw It in the log, he instantly put the hypospray In his backpack once he injected me. He already had It out.
If I was going to attack you I would use something other than a hypospray with a likely slow acting agent. If he had any offensive intentions then he would have used something like a flash chemical or cryo or just plain hit you. You were just making assumptions and then going off on those assumptions instead of waiting to see if he had any true hostile intentions in which case you could have adminhelped and he would have been the one in trouble.
I'll be honest, I was pretty shocked you were attacking me, you ran in and ended up straight over the space tile that austin had accidently opened up in the chem room floor. I was like "hey, I went through the trouble of making good o2dep medicine, perfect opportunity." you kept pushing into me.. so alright. I pop you with the hypospray... which announces exactly what I injected into you. Five units... at a minimum that means you got at most 2 units of bad something provided I wasted money on an emag to emag a hypospray instead of a pen to poison people for some reason. THEN.... you toolboxed me... alright I am stunned... probably gonna get my ID stripped by an ungrateful jackass... but alright... that is something I can handle... then you keep hitting... and keep hitting... and somehow injecting five units of an agent in hypospray without any harmful intend warranted my death when you were taking no damage? Going to call BS, so I adminhelped it almost dead.. I was so almost dead even after getting admin healed to full I was still blurry for a minute.

One: You broke into an area which yeah it happens all the time.

Two: you could have RAN OUT, "Randy Archer is trying to inject me"

Three: once I was stunned on the ground... and you visibly could tell that not only were you not taking damage, but you were healing it... that might have been the time to maybe stop hitting me.

I can be a jerkass and deserve a beating sometime, but this time I healed someone who was breaking in to chem for a second time to make God knows what... and my reward for it was a wordless beating after one "stop". You used maximum force for a situation where you were clearly not in any danger. It is not as though I don't know a dozen ways to kill people with chem that doesn't involve hypo.. So yeah... I adminhelped you, and it got handled quickly and I was bloody grateful because of all the times I might deserve a beating injecting healing medicine into an intruder ain't one of em.
Also you are lying about taking sufocation damage... the chem I injected you with is as follows...

From the wiki:

Perfluorodecalin

Heals 25 OXY damage, causes LOSEBREATH. You can't talk, but it prevents any suffocation damage from racking up despite that. 33% chance of healing 1 BRUTE and 1 BURN.

Fantastic for crime because it silences people. Also fantastic for pretty much negating all the accumulative damage from being in critical, will give you a really wide window of time to deal with other health problems. In theory you could stay in flatline for quite awhile with this stuff handling tissue oxygenation, but you might need mannitol too. Can make spacewalking without internals possible. Somewhat addictive.

now I do note that it says fantastic for crime, but you know what else is? Just about anything else I could have dumped on you as a followup when i didn't fight back against your toolboxing.
and lastly, if I remember right I had the same chem in my system preventing me from speaking... which may have been a godsend as it may have kept me alive long enough to not die... anyhoo sorry for the triple post rather than one consolidated post. That about covers it.
RandyArcher Wrote:Also you are lying about taking sufocation damage... the chem I injected you with is as follows...

From the wiki:

Perfluorodecalin

Heals 25 OXY damage, causes LOSEBREATH. You can't talk, but it prevents any suffocation damage from racking up despite that. 33% chance of healing 1 BRUTE and 1 BURN.

Fantastic for crime because it silences people. Also fantastic for pretty much negating all the accumulative damage from being in critical, will give you a really wide window of time to deal with other health problems. In theory you could stay in flatline for quite awhile with this stuff handling tissue oxygenation, but you might need mannitol too. Can make spacewalking without internals possible. Somewhat addictive.

now I do note that it says fantastic for crime, but you know what else is? Just about anything else I could have dumped on you as a followup when i didn't fight back against your toolboxing.

Let's add that into the equation, shall we? So when you're attacked/killed most of the time you receive no reply from admins. Generally this means they're antags. Now would you:

A: A-help saying "Hey, this guy's chasing after me and injecting me with shit" and risk death while typing, since they could In fact be antags and would kill you In a heartbeat and your A-helping efforts would be for nothing.
B: Keep running, knowing you have the advantage of having less-lag/less-buggy beyond. But eventually be stopped by some form of concealed weapon/chemical/slip on water.
C: Screw It.. If I'm going to die I'm sure as hell getting some kicks and punches In. And punch him In the hopes you can get lucky enough to knock him out.

If you chose C then what do you do:

1: Stop and A-help about this person. Risk them waking up and enacting revenge, even if they are an antag or not they will definitely have an excuse to kill you now. Such is the goon way.
2: Pick up Air-tank and keep hitting him over the head. Then when you're fairly confident that you've drained most of his stamina you take his ID and walk out of there.
3: Pick up Air-tank, Acid, and just go ape shit on him and have no idea what to do. Then when you do realize what to do It's too late and an admin has warped you into the dark-zone from no return. (Well I returned but that was a freak accident.)

I meant to pick option 2 but, as I said, I panicked. And Normally I return with patches when I get into a fight with someone. Don't want then A-helping about my dickery.

The suffocation damage I didn't have any idea how It came to be. I assume It was loose-breath from the injection. And while beating you I saw I was fully healed, which I found odd (it had left my bloodstream). By then I stopped beating you and started stripping your id, or trying to. Had airtank in my hand. (Also I never knew you could emag hypospray.. that's useful actually.) You could have let me out. Or said something. Or just not stalk me around the room with a hypospray. We both know the universal sign for "Back off" Is hitting someone with a random object found on the ground. Now that I hear your side I'm sorry for panicking and beating you for what felt like a million clicks before I could think of what to do (I don't act well in unplanned for situations) you really should have just let me out.. All the signs of an antag.. Albeit one that's lagging bad.
ughhh, yeah and a fourth post... if you go back and look, if possible, I hit the shutters and they closed right as you squeaked in, I did this because people kept running in and I was about to make sarin... which you don't really want people coming in from medbay. You said something along the lines of "oh so that's what that does". I did bump you away from the scientists whose ID you were stealing but I was throughout the whole time pretty particular about not doing anything harmful to you. Stealing a scientists ID is shitty even if they are braindead. The switch was right there, and again... feeling threatened by someone who is clearly not damaging you is a bit ridiculous. In reality even the most newbie of chemists can splash a beaker full of radium on you in half a second if they want to harm you. You had ways out, stealing the dudes ID actually extended the amount of time it'd take to "escape"... anyhoo if post again because I forgot anything feel free to mock me horribly as a sperglord neckbeard who never sleeps.
Hal-900 Wrote:
RandyArcher Wrote:Also you are lying about taking sufocation damage... the chem I injected you with is as follows...

From the wiki:

Perfluorodecalin

Let's add that into the equation, shall we? So when you're attacked/killed most of the time you receive no reply from admins. Generally this means they're antags. Now would you:

A: A-help saying "Hey, this guy's chasing after me and injecting me with shit" and risk death while typing, since they could In fact be antags and would kill you In a heartbeat and your A-helping efforts would be for nothing.
B: Keep running, knowing you have the advantage of having less-lag/less-buggy beyond. But eventually be stopped by some form of concealed weapon/chemical/slip on water.
C: Screw It.. If I'm going to die I'm sure as hell getting some kicks and punches In. And punch him In the hopes you can get lucky enough to knock him out.

1: Stop and A-help about this person. Risk them waking up and enacting revenge, even if they are an antag or not they will definitely have an excuse to kill you now. Such is the goon way.
2: Pick up Air-tank and keep hitting him over the head. Then when you're fairly confident that you've drained most of his stamina you take his ID and walk out of there.
3: Pick up Air-tank, Acid, and just go ape shit on him and have no idea what to do. Then when you do realize what to do It's too late and an admin has warped you into the dark-zone from no return. (Well I returned but that was a freak accident.)

I meant to pick option 2 but, as I said, I panicked. And Normally I return with patches when I get into a fight with someone. Don't want then A-helping about my dickery.

The suffocation damage I didn't have any idea how It came to be. I assume It was loose-breath from the injection. And while beating you I saw I was fully healed, which I found odd (it had left my bloodstream). By then I stopped beating you and started stripping your id, or trying to. Had airtank in my hand. (Also I never knew you could emag hypospray.. that's useful actually.) You could have let me out. Or said something. Or just not stalk me around the room with a hypospray. We both know the universal sign for "Back off" Is hitting someone with a random object found on the ground. Now that I hear your side I'm sorry for panicking and beating you for what felt like a million clicks before I could think of what to do (I don't act well in unplanned for situations) you really should have just let me out.. All the signs of an antag.. Albeit one that's lagging bad.

Ah you had the chem in your system.. Well why didn't you let me out, you wouldn't need to inject me if you let me out.. Hell you kept following me even after.. and It's not that big of a room
were you actually locked in the room, or was it just the shutters keeping you in?
Hal-900 Wrote:

From the wiki:

Perfluorodecalin

As far as not letting you out ...

you're a big boy, let yourself out... out is exactly where I wanted you to go... and not with that scientist ID you were trying to steal.

There was no suffocation damage... literally the drug in you prevents that from being a thing. Also you caught me in a helpful mode. Generally if a chemist is letting you beat on them IN CHEMISTRY you can trust that they aren't out to harm you because you are literally harming them in a room full of all the chems they are dying to use on people who piss them off at all times. Unstable mutagen is quick three clicks... I am willing to believe you're a newbie who panicked, but for your own survival sake don't count on other chemists being as tolerant of you walking into a room and smacking them with something... most of the time that'll net you a nice thermite/cfl3 soak and that is a bad combination with access to the belt system sitting right there... anyhoo that's all I got to say on it. Gorilla handled it quickly and I was extremely damn grateful because again... while I can be an ass sometimes... it's not while injecting medicine with a hypospray. Hope when you come back you use better discretion.
RandyArcher Wrote:
Hal-900 Wrote:

From the wiki:

Perfluorodecalin

As far as not letting you out ...

you're a big boy, let yourself out... out is exactly where I wanted you to go... and not with that scientist ID you were trying to steal.

There was no suffocation damage... literally the drug in you prevents that from being a thing. Also you caught me in a helpful mode. Generally if a chemist is letting you beat on them IN CHEMISTRY you can trust that they aren't out to harm you because you are literally harming them in a room full of all the chems they are dying to use on people who piss them off at all times. Unstable mutagen is quick three clicks... I am willing to believe you're a newbie who panicked, but for your own survival sake don't count on other chemists being as tolerant of you walking into a room and smacking them with something... most of the time that'll net you a nice thermite/cfl3 soak and that is a bad combination with access to the belt system sitting right there... anyhoo that's all I got to say on it. Gorilla handled it quickly and I was extremely damn grateful because again... while I can be an ass sometimes... it's not while injecting medicine with a hypospray. Hope when you come back you use better discretion.

I'm a big boy, let myself out, eh? Okay. I'll think about that next time I got you chasing after me with a hypospray and who knows what.. The suffocation damage, again, was Loosebreath. Something I was not familiar with. You decided to keep me locked In there after all. A simple click from yourself while I was keeping my distance would have ended the situation nicely. So please don't try to shove that onto me, thank you.
mozi Wrote:were you actually locked in the room, or was it just the shutters keeping you in?

Quoting this to make sure you don't miss this. By the way please don't turn this into a slapfight.