Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tires: a relic of the past is a Spaceman's Worst Nightmare
I can sell this idea on you with two Youtube videos:

Surplus Crate Version:
Have you all lost your fucking mind?!

A surplus crate item. Throw it and it'll bounce off of objects and go flying wildly until it loses it's momentum or until it hits someone, and if it hits someone it will either do brute damage or, on a critical hit, take their head the fuck off.

Mob Version:
This is what our suspect looks like.

A random event mob/found in certain areas. Usually found near useless/Surplus Crate tires that do nothing and look exactly the same, this tire will attempt to follow you and, after a short distance, pulsate with energy until your head explodes. Why? No reason.
Damn, forgot you can't edit here... ugh.

This idea was forged on the SA forums originally and has been brought here because it's awesome. I love both of these and wish both could be implemented.

I don't remember the BYOND tile size but I took a guess it was 32 (watch me be totally wrong) and drew up this image.

[Image: tire-wip.png]

It's not my best sprite work, and I am on my laptop away from my copy of Photoshop, but... there it is. What do you think? Of both the idea and the sprites.
Dr. Strangeloaf fills the tire with gasoline

Dr. Strangeloaf puts the tire around Joe Pubbie's neck!

Dr. Strangeloaf necklaces Joe Pubbie! Holy fuck!

In other words, yes!
Shouldn't be too hard, just replace the pink martian sprite/name with the tire. make it a super rare telescience accident.
[Image: tire-sprites.png]

What's up?
I heartily approve of the surplus crate version. i don't like a critter that blows your head off though, we already have one and it stinks frown
mozi Wrote:I heartily approve of the surplus crate version. i don't like a critter that blows your head off though, we already have one and it stinks frown
I know the little guy blows my head up every time.
Beepsky has tires, right? Heh.
frown