Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stretcher and Misc Coroner Idea
The medicine on Goonstation has been improved, but I would like to see it get deeper, my suggestions are

Mobile stretcher

The mobile stretcher is to bag and go, throw a person on it, it acts like a mobile cyro or sleeper, try and stabilize them while you drag them back, nothing is more frustrating then trying to run, do CPR, and stabilize. Hypothetically I would like to work in teams but that would never happen

On this mobile stretcher there could be a little EKG like there are on the operating table
[Image: RuIH3rs.png]
Asystole/Flatline-Patient is in extremely deep crit -80% or has expired
[Image: IFkXVB8.png]
VFib/VTach-Patient is in critical or extremely low health 20% and below
[img]http://i.imgur.com/wNfarTY.png[img]
Sinus rhythm-Patient is above 20%

With these you can get a quick, without a health analyzer, check on the patient and see if you need to change intervention strategy.

Coroner:

Not a dedicated job, but something for the morgue. There should be a 'autopsy analyzer', this analyzer can draw maybe more than a medical analyzer can. It can't scan living humans so there is no reason for it. Scanning a corpse will show in red what the most critical injury was, and approximate time spent in crit/dead. This would possibly help medical staff work with security better, so if they find someone who was dead for 25 minutes of burn damage in a maint hallway, it can assist.
I really wish I could edit.

This is the sinus rhythm
[Image: wNfarTY.png]
This would be a cool replacement to the Port-A-Medbay, which is exceptionally outdated and used mainly as a portal back to the station by shits
Weavel Wrote:This would be a cool replacement to the Port-A-Medbay, which is exceptionally outdated and used mainly as a portal back to the station by shits

Yeah, and it could replace the old sleeper consoles as well which aren't used.
This is cool and should be added.

mozi Wrote:the old sleeper consoles which aren't used.
Untrue.
Weavel Wrote:This would be a cool replacement to the Port-A-Medbay, which is exceptionally outdated and used mainly as a portal back to the station by shits

The Port-a-Medbay is super useful when used properly, it's just hard to coordinate it's use that way. If it could transport both the injured party and a doctor at the same time, it would probably be used for that more.

If these strechers are added, they should have the same deployablity as the Port-a-Medbay by either being able to summon it or carry it on person.
It's pretty hard to use the Port-a-Medbay when there's only one remote and it's ALWAYS gone by the five-minute mark.

Also basically the only way out of two telescience areas.
Maybe make it so there's 3 Port-A-Medbays with a designated space on the Medbay floor (the diagonal stripe + dashed box pair, think MULE) with three remotes. Remote can summon the P-a-M to the current location. Clicking on it pops up an option like regular sleepers to inject some saline, and also "Return to Medbay"; clicking that one returns the sleeper + the user to Medbay on the special tiles.

That way you can quickly transport people to safety along with yourself.

As for the sleepers in Medbay proper, adding an option to enable constant, slow dosing of saline-glucose would be nice. Set the timer for 30 seconds, turn on the dispenser, and go inside to stabilize yourself (or use it as a shitty Medibot substitute)

As for coroner, one thing I'd love to see is the Morgue trays being redesigned. Make them have slightly-transparent tops (maybe a light blue), then turn it darker blue with a blurry humanoid figure visible when someone's in it. Much easier to notice than that two-fucking-pixel red light.
Zamujasa Wrote:As for the sleepers in Medbay proper, adding an option to enable constant, slow dosing of saline-glucose would be nice. Set the timer for 30 seconds, turn on the dispenser, and go inside to stabilize yourself (or use it as a shitty Medibot substitute)
And when it becomes applicable this could be used with IV bags.

Zamujasa Wrote:As for coroner, one thing I'd love to see is the Morgue trays being redesigned. Make them have slightly-transparent tops (maybe a light blue), then turn it darker blue with a blurry humanoid figure visible when someone's in it. Much easier to notice than that two-fucking-pixel red light.
Agreed.
Speaking of those: Currently it is possible for living people to escape from inside morgue trays. I think it should work like a welder locker instead.
mozi Wrote:Speaking of those: Currently it is possible for living people to escape from inside morgue trays. I think it should work like a welder locker instead.
But those are where I go to be braindead
mozi Wrote:Speaking of those: Currently it is possible for living people to escape from inside morgue trays. I think it should work like a welder locker instead.
Considering that morgue trays are basically just shelves and the doors probably wouldn't be made that strong (it's to hold dead people) it wouldn't really make much sense if it was impossible to get out of them, But in this game what does v
Please no.
Zamujasa Wrote:
Considering that morgue trays are basically just shelves and the doors probably wouldn't be made that strong (it's to hold dead people) it wouldn't really make much sense if it was impossible to get out of them, But in this game what does v

I CONFESS i do not hang around morgues often but the ones in movies usually have latches to keep them sealed airtight