Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Goonhub suggestions!
Ok so I will admit I am a bit of a nerd and I love to look-up statistics for a game I play when/if they are available. So one of the ideas I have is that add a search function, like a player look-up section on goonhub. You can look at a list of registered byond account names or search for a name your interested in. Also it will show a persons most commonly used station name (So if you don't know their account name that helps). Click on it and get a bunch of fun details about a person. Things like:

Byond name and commonly used names (top 3)
Most common average amount of damage types taken over a round (or all rounds)
Most commonly used item.
Most commonly used weapons.
Number of rounds played, survived, survived and on the shuttle.
Most common job type. (Top 3)
Goon station medals earned.
Amount of successful/failed rounds as a antag
Number of times played as certain antags.
How many times they been cluwned.
Overall farts on the server
Played the Sax

Just general statistics if it's possible to code.
Also! Speaking of medals! I was wondering if we can get a list of medals on goon hub that tells us the names of a medal and how to earn it.
Any medals you get from completing secrete things can be in its own section, just telling you the names but not how to earn them.
I've wondered before who had been in a round besides antags. Perhaps you could include quests completed as well? Both for individual players, as well as any completed that round.

Additionally an all time total of cash possessed by an individual player, and also the total amount of cash on the station for that round.

I know there's more.
HI HELLO.

I didn't see this when it was first posted but I have just become aware of this and HEY believe me, I have taken these suggestions to heart and I have had some rather grand ideas of my own that will be developed on in the near future.

Despite the rather long periods of...I guess developer inactivity for goonhub recently (like, a year...), it is still a priority of mine to maintain this stuff.

~Things will happen soon~
Solarium scoreboard would be cool. Number of keys gotten, servers killed, who's been furthest into it, deaths in telesci areas, etc
Most deaths in lava, and most keys lost in lava. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OLSXxkNfKe0
Reset the damage stats; they're highly suspect of potential "shenanigans"; 2,147,483,647 brute damage on a single mob....yeah.

Oxygen is about the only one that seems anywhere realistic.
Fox McCloud Wrote:Reset the damage stats; they're highly suspect of potential "shenanigans"; 2,147,483,647 brute damage on a single mob....yeah.

Oxygen is about the only one that seems anywhere realistic.

My guess is somebody made a massive murderbox* and repeatedly pressed the activation button.

* A graviton accelerator+crate contraption with a single seated mob in the middle. It will deal absolutely ridiculous amounts of brute damage to whomever is seated in the middle.
Critterpedia? Shows the image and basic description of the critter. For some more common ones it could also show the location. For void critters it just shows the sprite. Animated or not.
It'd be cool if there was a death map for the station and debris field maps. Basically an overlay that shows where the most death's take place. It would be nice to have options for, most recent round, (weekly), monthly, and all time.
69andahalf Wrote:It'd be cool if there was a death map for the station and debris field maps. Basically an overlay that shows where the most death's take place. It would be nice to have options for, most recent round, (weekly), monthly, and all time.

Haha. That'd be awesome. The topography of death. A pain, but awesome. Maybe even have a round death review that allows you to scroll through time and have the little markers pop up at the death coords when their death time is passed.

The highest damage bit isn't gonna be that interesting if it's an all time thing. If you set it to daily, more people might check goonhub. I'd also like some random daily statistics. Like the daily number of suicides, or number of farts, or what's the highest the engine got that day, or the number and type of antags that day, etc. I like statistics. Imagine a linegraph that cataloged the trend of farts vs screams on a round to round basis. Glorious.

Also, holy crap do I gib a lot.
We used to actually have a round-specific death map (only for the main station if I remember correctly) which could be checked by viewing the round information.
However, they have been down for some time now due to some unspecified technical issue. It would be nice to see them again though.
An overall heatmap would be nice. would paint a rather different picture of the station.
would be cool to have the heat map as an overlay, but with an option for all deaths, just suffications, just brute, just burns and just poisons. You could see where people are most likely to get poisoned and stuff.
Wire Wrote:HI HELLO.

I didn't see this when it was first posted but I have just become aware of this and HEY believe me, I have taken these suggestions to heart and I have had some rather grand ideas of my own that will be developed on in the near future.

Despite the rather long periods of...I guess developer inactivity for goonhub recently (like, a year...), it is still a priority of mine to maintain this stuff.

~Things will happen soon~

Any news on this?
I lied. Things will happen ~eventually~.