Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HukHukHuk - LLJK EU 4 - 7/4/2014 4:40 PM
Admin name: HukHukHuk
Server: LLJK EU 4
Date/Time: 7/4/2014 at around 4:40 pm

Synopsis:

The source of the instance leading to my complaint stems from an unrelated adminhelp. I'll start there for completeness sake.

I joined LLJK EU 4 late and picked the job of the day, Vice Officer. After destroying the bar's cache of booze by routing it to the disposal and checking on Botany (they were only growing tomatoes, melons, and sugarcane) my attentions turn to the remaining source of vice: the four slot machines in the empty bar. In the northern storage I make three welding fuel pipe bombs to use in the suppression of vice. This variety of pipe bomb is now very underpowered and aside from scorching the floor tile by the rightmost slot machine nothing is accomplished, nothing that is from attracting the attention of Melaine Blowfist, the detective, who just happened to wander by. Melaine shoots me with a stun-round loaded revolver, handcuffs me, takes me to the brig, and then locks me to a bunk in the brig. At this point I send off an adminhelp reporting that I had been bucklecuffed and it is this adminhelp that is the cause for my complaint. The chain goes as follows:

Admin PM from-Shotgunbill: We'll investigate. Also, what's up with your name?

My round name is 'Call Me Cismale,' a name I had used in a few other rounds recently.

Reply PM to-Shotgunbill: I am not certain I understand

HukHukHuk makes things a bit more clear though

Admin PM from-HukHukHuk: trying to provoke some social justice bullshit is pretty bad dude

HELP: You: That was not my intention.
HELP: You: Call me Ishmale
Admin PM from-Shotgunbill: Yeah, I know the joke is supposed to be 'Call Me Ishmael" but still man
Admin PM from-HukHukHuk: dang, you even spelled ishmael wrong, i think ill let you off this time
Admin PM from-HukHukHuk: but cmon son

Let me off? Let me off for what? I am not sure of HukHukHuk's definition of 'provoke' or of 'social justice bullshit,' but I'd say the only thing worse than social justice bullshit is the handwringing and apoplectic fits it can produce in some.

I found the name amusing, I don't anymore though, so you can be sure that it won't be labeling my character. As for my complaint, it would be that the adminhelp peanut gallery from HukHukHuk was unnecessary, Shotgunbill was handling things just fine and with a defter touch, and that I am left with something of a bad taste in my mouth.
I was contemplating preventing you from naming yourself, but I decided not to. It was your first offense after all. Honestly, we get people to try to provoke dumb shit all the time and it happens so often that I really don't find any of it funny at all. Not having any of it at all is better than letting some of it slip by and causing a shitstorm.
I thought the cismale thing was kind of amusing, myself? It's not really offensive or a slur or anything.
I'm of the opinion that if we give either side any leeway when it comes to that kind of thing it will only lead to oh so and so let this person do that and other possible bs down the line. I suppose this is just a difference of opinion?