Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Thanks for playing!" list
Sometimes at the end of a round it'd be nice to see the playernames that went along with your character; be nice to give credit where it's due, and also it'd be a boon towards finding shitty folks who slip by admin records

just something like:

Isaac Kirkhope (Weavel) was a traitor!
Objective #1: Assasainate Phillip Farmer, the Dork. Failed.
Objective #2: Die a glorious death. Succeeded.

Pubbie Scrubber (JoePUBS) was a miscreant!
Objective #1: Become a successful rapper.

Thanks for playing to:
Kay Malone (Scrubs91)
Big Tam Waugh (Scots_maen)
Name Nameson (DefaultName)

etc.

just be nice, I think
I like this idea a lot.
p good idea
Should that be on the chat or on the round end stats popup? I'm voting for the popup so the chat isn't filled with even more stuff at round end.
I know the chat is crouded enough, but a pop up is gone forever once you close it. At least if it's in the chat you can possibly scroll back up if you need to find a dude's name and key.
Weavel Wrote:I know the chat is crouded enough, but a pop up is gone forever once you close it. At least if it's in the chat you can possibly scroll back up if you need to find a dude's name and key.
Ah. So this is mostly for finding people's names after the fact in case you need to admin help it?
Partly yeah, but it's half/half for weather you need the name for good or bad reasons
I like this.
Problem with putting it in the end-of-round popup is that occasionally it doesn't appear and the other half of the time it's overwritten with the tickets report, if you have that enabled.
It wouldn't be a bad idea to include the list on the Goonhub site, for the general round information. Maybe add a link to the page that's generated for that round as part of the end round message?
Goonhub in general could really use more stats, like the entire end-of-round statistics should be available there. It'd be really fun to run some statistics like "# of Quartermasters compared to Ending Budget" or other trends.

Same thing with what traitors order, it'd be fun to compile more charts and graphs. I'm a statistics nut v
Can we please get number of farts and honks too?
I like this idea a lot, mostly because I've seen on some occasions some nontraitor going on a killing spree and having a list of player keys for that reason would make retroactive admin helps much more helpful to admins. I know you can do it in round, but occasionally the bad player in question is so overt you just assume they MUST be a traitor, which is a common reason why those things aren't admin helped more. More miscellaneous stats would be cool too, like number of bees on station.
While it would be neat to see who your buddies were, it would also take away some anonymity, and I would consider that to be a problem.
Not that I'm afraid of being called out on mistakes, but I just generally don't like the idea of being so easily pointed out in game.
And not that I think people would care about me personally in any way, but I can see that happening if this was a thing.
Either consciously or subconsciously, some people would be either sought after or stopped in a hallway when passing by.
I know this has already happened to some, due to their high profile hijinks, but they can just change their name and be rid of that 'fame'.
This would make it a lot harder for people to get a clean slate, unless they turn on random names, since people will still see who they were in the end.

An option to not show your key at the end of the round would solve most of it though.