Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Equal opportunity murder.
vampires are very powerful at full power, however when it comes down to the inevitable changeling vs. vampire duel the changeling always wins because it is nearly immune to both glare and hypno, and this is just in non abomination mode.

this renders both of the vampire's offensive abilities useless and thus it is eaten, regardless of skill of players.

Abilities that don't work on changelings: Grave fever, Hypnosis, Glare kind of semi works.

And then the vampire abilities work fine on the underpowered wizard for some reason???

In the past round I went from glare + hypnotizing the wizard and drinking his blood easily to being totally owned by a changeling even though I got the drop on him twice and used all my abilities at once on him.
I don't know. Changelings are supposed to be THE #1 1vs1 combateer, they could take out a traitor or wizard just as easily chances are. But vs a group with lasers they're toast, while vampires could just turn off the lights and cloak.
lifehole Wrote:I don't know. Changelings are supposed to be THE #1 1vs1 combateer, they could take out a traitor or wizard just as easily chances are. But vs a group with lasers they're toast, while vampires could just turn off the lights and cloak.

A wizard that let's a person let alone a changeling that close in the first place, has death coming.
Changelings are super vulnerable to fire and every wizard ever brings fireball.
yes dabir but once the wizard says his trade mark words FORTI GI WAH and then EI NATH its over for the changeling
Vamps run into changelings more often than wizards cause they skulk the same dark maintenance areas.
Of course, I knew people would bring up changelings being "supposed" to be the strongest in 1v1 combat, however that doesn't mean they should be almost impervious to all of the vampire's abilities.
tbh mixed isn't really my all-time favorite mode because it is basically just a lottery of which antagonist you get, if you get changeling then you are set.

Also everyone tends to carry lights around with them, so a changeling that is wary of vampires or just decided it wanted more light can get hit with all the vamp's abilities, acid spit + neurotoxin them, then eat them with eat them.
I think that vampires need to be removed from mixed and made admin-only again so that they are a bit more of a wild-card than a regular antagonist because they have a very non-harmonious dynamic with the other antagonists in mixed.

Mixed is basically rock paper scissors: Changeling>Vampire>Wizard>Traitor

Also the whole dealio that changelings can instantly disable someone with no weapons whatsoever, so can the vampire (to the average dude), but the changeling cannot be easily killed by the vampire's abilities, the vampire needs a laser to soften a changeling up into critical so that he can wait for the changer to go unconscious, otherwise the changeling will sting them when they get close and auto-win.
and then there is the fact that the changeling already has a range attack that does an instant KO. (especially bad since it can do this while stunned.)

Vampire = changeling lite. Dracula is coming
Shoddy Wrote:then eat them with eat them.

embarrasment
I thought changelings can't eat vampires? If that is not true I think when a changeling tries to eat a vamp it gives something like, "This DNA is incompatible with our DNA! Gross get it away!" So that way it can either chuck the vamp out an airlock or just leave it alone. Also maybe the vamp can't drink the changelings blood because of how different it is from a normal humans. I know you can't use changeling blood in chem recipes cause it's not the same as a humans. I think if a vamp tries to eat a changeling it says like, "Wait this doesn't taste right. This tastes HORRIBLE! You can't eat this crap!"
KikiMofo Wrote:I thought changelings can't eat vampires? If that is not true I think when a changeling tries to eat a vamp it gives something like, "This DNA is incompatible with our DNA! Gross get it away!" So that way it can either chuck the vamp out an airlock or just leave it alone. Also maybe the vamp can't drink the changelings blood because of how different it is from a normal humans. I know you can't use changeling blood in chem recipes cause it's not the same as a humans. I think if a vamp tries to eat a changeling it says like, "Wait this doesn't taste right. This tastes HORRIBLE! You can't eat this crap!"

That or eating a vampire would give him (or anyone else who uses consume) grave fever.
Sundance Wrote:
KikiMofo Wrote:I thought changelings can't eat vampires? If that is not true I think when a changeling tries to eat a vamp it gives something like, "This DNA is incompatible with our DNA! Gross get it away!" So that way it can either chuck the vamp out an airlock or just leave it alone. Also maybe the vamp can't drink the changelings blood because of how different it is from a normal humans. I know you can't use changeling blood in chem recipes cause it's not the same as a humans. I think if a vamp tries to eat a changeling it says like, "Wait this doesn't taste right. This tastes HORRIBLE! You can't eat this crap!"

That or eating a vampire would give him (or anyone else who uses consume) grave fever.
Good idea and drinking changeling blood should also give the message I posted but also hit them with heavy neurotoxin doses cause I assume changeling blood would have neurotoxin in it.
Those are both good ideas.

Also both antagonists I'm pretty sure can eat eachother, In the round I used as an example I was eaten as a vampire.
I think things would be more even if the vamp was simply unstingable (what blood flow is going to spread that sting?) and spit did nothing. Just make them immune to each other and have to beat each other to death if they wanna get the job done Changeling has form change, vamp has bats and stealth.
RandyArcher Wrote:I think things would be more even if the vamp was simply unstingable (what blood flow is going to spread that sting?) and spit did nothing. Just make them immune to each other and have to beat each other to death if they wanna get the job done Changeling has form change, vamp has bats and stealth.
a face full of acid should still take them down, it'll make it balanced for changeling vs vamp because vamp still has attack spells