Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Readster, Server #2, 2:00-ish PM CST
Admin name: Readster
Server: #2
Date: June 30th, around 2:00 PM CST (Around 20 minutes before thread was made.)
Synopsis:

Playing on Server #2 to explore, telescience shit etc. Telepad ends up disappearing, dunno if it's a bug or not, but everyone's been ambiguous about it, so I assume it's a bug.
I ahelp it, with I'll admit a fairly rude message, because the same thing has happened before and nobody helps or even makes an attempt to explain. No response, so I ahelp with a less rude message, still no response.
This point I start send pretty frequent messages, figure someone would have to respond eventually. Get a message from Pistol saying I should stop spamming, okay sure at least I got a response. Readster comes on, gibs me. I had SoS so I spawn in a room I can't get out of so I have to bust my way out. I call Read a cunt over ahelp, Hull comes on, spawns 50 telepads and helps me escape and call shuttle. Next round, Read deletes telepad at roundstart. So I call him a cunt again.

Then I made the thread

Code:
HELP:  You: Hi can someone join server two and spawn another goddamn telepad it fucking disappeared again and anyone who says it's a feature is fucking dumb.
Admin PM from-Readster: it's a feature
HELP:  You: Hi please off yourself.
HELP:  You: Hi can someone join #2 and spawn another telepad because it bugged out and disappeared. ([b]This repeats a few times.[/b)]
Admin PM from-Pistoleer: We get that you are angry, but please stop spamming adminhelp
HELP:  You: Well maybe if you guys exhibited any other emotion than apathy.
Admin PM from-Readster: apathy is not a feature
([b]At this point, this is where Readster gibs me.[/b])
HELP:  You: Wow way to be a cunt.
HELP:  You: Well guess it's time to ahelp a restart because Readster is a cunt.
([b]This is where HCD spawned a bunch of telepads.[/b])
HELP:  You: Because that totally fixed the problem.
([b]I call shuttle, HCD speeds up shuttle timer to arrive instantly.[/b])
HELP:  You: Well, thanks for the help HCD
([b]New round, Readster deletes telepad.[/b])
HELP:  You: Good job Read.

Sorry for being rude, but when you ask for help and get ignored, kinda makes you angry.
I am reasonably sure readster can't gib people.
My bad, assumed it was him. Either way deleting the telepad at the start of the next round is a pretty shitty thing to do.
Yes this happened. You asked us to do something in adminhelp and I gave you a fairly straightforward response to which you gave a rude reply. You then proceeded to spam adminhelp with the same question over and over so I asked wonk to gib you. You got reasonably angry over a rather small thing and insulted me a few times so I decided to delete the telepad pre-round and then leave since you were the only person on the server. I find no further need to justify my actions.
"It's a feature" isn't a straightforward response at all. A straightforward response would be "If you leave the teleporter portal open it has a random chance of eating the pad itself, next time don't leave the portal open!"

Yes, I was rude, but if you would have actually told me something instead of "It's a feature." we wouldn't have this problem. Hell even if it was a bug, an explanation as to why you wouldn't help because it's lowpop would have sufficed.

If you're going to say things like "Rules apply to all servers regardless of population." why wouldn't ahelps?
That's fine, I get that. Sorry for being rude. Not requiring to help is what it is, but not explaining why or being purposefully ambiguous to leave me in the dark is kinda shitty.
Adminhelp is not mentorhelp. We have no obligation to share information with you and there is an incredibly high likelyhood that any information received is inaccurate.

This is, however, a feature with a known cause. It is a result of random teleportation errors. There you go, I hope that enriched your life that much more.
My life is enriched. Although could you mayyyyybe say that in the first place next time? Ahelping the recipe for Initro is one thing, but asking whether or not something is a bug and not saying anything is mean.

Anyways thread can be locked.
FloozyBarge Wrote:but asking whether or not something is a bug and not saying anything is mean.
I will lock this now but I will also point out that I totally told you whether or not it was a bug.