Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
let bball wizards be in wizard mode
The absolute gem known as bball wizardry is coded in and is busted out exceedingly rarely. Why not allow wizards at the start of the round choose if they want to be normal or bball wizards?
Basketball wizardry is great and we need to see more of it
So rare I've never actually seen it in play.
Can you explain what it is?

.. Even then, it could be chosen as an enhancement.
I've actually gotten to play as a basket ball wizard before, it goes like this:

You are a boppin' wizard in a B-Ball jersey that can cast unique spells such as meteor B-balls and various holy slams and jams.

It is basically a reference to Shut Up and Jam: Gaiden actually put into the game and functional.

Also I think they can chaos dunk.

Requirements: You have to be wearing the jersey and have a ball in hand to cast any B-ball Magicks.
it's great they even have their own set of spells, which I unfortunately have forgotten as it's been so long since i've seen one
If BBall wizards become an option, I suggest the basketball hoops in the fitness room be used for an byond medal of some kind, assuming they're still there.

E.g Be a bball wizard and slam dunk a hoop/steal a bball wizard's ball and slam dunk a hoop. something like that.

For extra difficulty you could be required to steal the ball and be on meth or space drugs or something. e.g "Spaced out jam"

That's assuming suggesting byond medals isn't frowned upon.
Shoddy Wrote:I've actually gotten to play as a basket ball wizard before, it goes like this:

You are a boppin' wizard in a B-Ball jersey that can cast unique spells such as meteor B-balls and various holy slams and jams.

It is basically a reference to Shut Up and Jam: Gaiden actually put into the game and functional.

Also I think they can chaos dunk.

Requirements: You have to be wearing the jersey and have a ball in hand to cast any B-ball Magicks.

Really? I thought it was just a wizard with a basketball.
Now that wizards can wear hats there should also be monkey wizards with spells that cover the floor in bananas and give people jungle fever.
VictorMAngoStein Wrote:Now that wizards can wear hats there should also be monkey wizards with spells that cover the floor in bananas and give people jungle fever.
You mean now that monkeys can wear hats?
I should clarify: B-Ball wizard's spellset is completely replaced by an entirely new set of purchasable spells and latent spells.

It is also fucking spectacular to play.
B-Ball Wizards aren't in the antagonist list I can use to traitorize people so I'm actually unsure if they're still in the code or just some obscure option I haven't found in the arcane and horrifying admin interface.

They are, however, ridiculously fun to play, if maybe a bit overpowered. You can juke and slam all over fools but very easily blow yourself into a million pieces with your meteor basketballs if you're not exceedingly careful with how you use that power.
I played a bball wizard about three weeks ago. There is a radio you can summon along with the jersey and ball. Arkire summoned it for me when an AI absolutely fucked my antag round for a meta grudge (even going so far to announce loudly what the grudge from a few rounds before was) I chose bball nova and instantly blew my left arm and leg off, so I got those replaced by a guy I cluwned and had a couple bfg's spawned for me. I was a bfg wielding half cyborg basketball wizard was some of the funnest stuff ever
this is too good to be busted out so rarely
please run everything good into the ground
bubs Wrote:please run everything good into the ground

Seconding this. I think a lot of the fun of b-ball wizards/maechoe men/whatever else Sniperchance added in a long time ago is that they're so rare. Wizard isn't exactly common but it's common enough and b-ball wizards don't deserve to lose their shine. frown