Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Custom Atmos containers share contents globally
If you make two custom atmos containers, their contents have some sort of spooky quantum entanglement properties!!!

Events leading up to the bug:

1) I made three different atmos containers to experiment with bursting pressures, one of Moroxite, one of Pharosium, one of Mauxite, and I used one [empty] atmos container as a control

2) I synced them all up with the tubes in toxins and lit them on fire

3) The mauxite container started to burst first, so i drug it over to vent

4) I noticed the other cans suddenly dropped in pressure, they were venting, too!

5) I disconnected the mauxite can. To verify that the canisters were actually synced and not just coincidentally malfunctioning, i separated all the cans and introduced more oxygen to the Pharosium can

5) Suddenly, the pressures in ALL the cans (but not the stock, control cans) shot through the roof. The mauxite can burst, then all the rest of them, and all of the cans emptied their contents into space.

To replicate:

Make two custom atmos cans with the arc smelter + fabricator. Watch as their contents spookily copy each other.
TWO NEW THINGS:

Attempting to replicate this bug failed (was it fixed?), but i found a couple new bugs while playing with the smelter:

I made a Boold alloys, and then injected one boold alloy with Cat Drugs to make Catoold. It properly made a slag shovel that got you high while you held it

I later went to go pick up some metal sheets that were made of Boold of the same generation of that Catoold, and although it SAID boold, it was actually infused with cat drugs also.

Even further down the line, i successfully made a Bath Salts + Bohrum + filibrith jumpsuit that got you high, but for some reason the Meth + Bohrum + filibrith suit did NOTHING, and neither did the Synthflesh + Bohrum + filibrith jumpsuit.

Also, i turned Molitz into Molitz Glass and it is signficantly stronger than stock glass despite supposedly being made of the same material. Furthermore, the molitz glass was so strong that i hit it with a jetpack for a good 2 minutes before giving up on my materials testing RE: Glass and just calling it invincible.

On a related note to the above, i made plasmastone glass (an analog to crystal glass, which is made of plasmastone) and found it to be no less indestructible but significantly less resistant to bullets + explosions.

In fact, all glass alloys tested showed no improvement with respect to bullets when compared to regular molitz glass, although all were indestructible when attempting to break them manually.
In regard to the glass, I wonder how that reinforcing chemical affects it now (I can't recall the name of it but it should still be in game).
UrsulaMejor Wrote:I later went to go pick up some metal sheets that were made of Boold of the same generation of that Catoold, and although it SAID boold, it was actually infused with cat drugs also.

Try putting something radioactive in the arc smelter. EVERY. GODDAMN. THING. you make after that will be radioactive. Chem infusion is broken as heck.