Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Autoclone implant
I heard something about another server having an autocloner or something so that gave me the idea for this:

The implant automatically sends your data to the cloner when you die, and you get cloned as soon as there is enough biomass

To keep too many people from having these, they can't be fabricated. You have to order the implant via QM and the crate it comes in is cardlocked to heads of staff.

Emag the implant, stick it in someone else, and kill them for hilarious results!
There's already something to update records on death, maybe it could just be expanded to notify Medbay PDAs when someone dies (like the morgue chute does), then it'd just be on you to get scanned at Genetics and implanted before you go off on your space adventure.

Genetics seems to mention something about implants not being found (maybe it can track those already?) on the scanner as well.
Genetics can track the damage levels on anyone whose records are in the scanner. 'No implant detected' means the person's body has been destroyed.
Zamujasa Wrote:There's already something to update records on death, maybe it could just be expanded to notify Medbay PDAs when someone dies (like the morgue chute does), then it'd just be on you to get scanned at Genetics and implanted before you go off on your space adventure.

Genetics seems to mention something about implants not being found (maybe it can track those already?) on the scanner as well.

Well this is more or less meant to be a second chance for traitors (though they have to steal a head ID to get it.) If the medical doctors have to clone them manually that defeats the purpose.
Personally, I'd love to see a system where genetics already has everyone's DNA on file when they join the server, and can choose to clone them after death.

If a traitor wanted to take someone out for good, they'd have to either sabotage the pods, or erase their info from the data banks. They could even be more tricksy about it and alter files to give people diseases when they get cloned, or replace their DNA with their own to trick the geneticist into cloning them when they meant to clone their victims.
VictorMAngoStein Wrote:Well this is more or less meant to be a second chance for traitors (though they have to steal a head ID to get it.) If the medical doctors have to clone them manually that defeats the purpose.

Quote:"I just took care of Pubbie McTraitor with a laser gun"

"The cloning pod just started up on its own"
"Pubbie McTraitor popped out!"

Geneticist Genemangler stuffs Pubbie McTraitor into the enzymatic reclaimer!

Frank_Stein Wrote:Personally, I'd love to see a system where genetics already has everyone's DNA on file when they join the server, and can choose to clone them after death.

If a traitor wanted to take someone out for good, they'd have to either sabotage the pods, or erase their info from the data banks. They could even be more tricksy about it and alter files to give people diseases when they get cloned, or replace their DNA with their own to trick the geneticist into cloning them when they meant to clone their victims.

One suggestion from a while ago was some sort of public-access cloning pod where you insert some amount of money (e.g. $1,000), then hop in and automatically get scanned and added to the data list. Maybe something like this with an automated implant would be useful?

I wonder what would happen if you got scanned this way (as a traitor), then shot yourself up with a DNA scrambler. Die as one person, get cloned as another! Nobody will know!
Vita chambers! They should read passages from the works of ayn rand when they clone you.
VictorMAngoStein Wrote:Vita chambers! They should read passages from the works of ayn rand when they clone you.

Maybe add a secret hidden data disk, with the info to build one. And have pop out of abandon crate.
Actually, while we're on the subject, it might be neat if the Genetics console scanned someone's DNA and "mental interface" (as the error says), and presented them to you upon viewing their record.

Then you could "helpfully" copy and paste your MI over everyone else's, so anybody they try to clone is actually you! Or have fun swapping DNAs around randomly, make everyone pop out as Jon Pubs! The fun never ends!