Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hey, is this metagaming?
Lately I've been occasionally messaging a friend on IRC quick updates like "Second traitor round in one night" and "Zhar the Mad is vomiting on the slot machine." She thinks it's kind of funny although she never actually plays SS13.

I'm allowed to do this, right? It's private and I know she has no way of either using the information or giving me information I don't already have -- I see it as like having a friend sitting behind me and telling him what's going on.
If the person you're talking to isn't in-game, observing, or talking to other people in the game, not really. See the Rules -- metagaming is when you're talking to / sharing information with another player of the game.
Zamujasa Wrote:If the person you're talking to isn't in-game, observing, or talking to other people in the game, not really. See the Rules -- metagaming is when you're talking to / sharing information with another player of the game.

Oh, hey, you're right. I vaguely remembered something in the round-start rules indicating that out-of-game communication was uncool but I didn't remember anything as detailed as that being there.

Serves me right for not checking the wiki before posting this.
A better update would be when Razage ISN'T vomiting on something.
Spirit of the rules not letter of the law works both ways. If this person doesn't play SS13 and there is no way for the information to make its way back into the game then I see no problems here. Hell, if you never brought it up here we would literally have no way of knowing this was happening assuming that the information never reaches another player.
Salty Sam Wrote:A better update would be when Razage ISN'T vomiting on something.

Can't a guy just have a drink and spin some slots!