Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Explosion power is bugged (?)
BlakeJohnson Wrote:
Marquesas Wrote:Mining charges are ACTUALLY the only thing which is agreeable right now. They are basically concussive explosives - they do a great deal of damage to asteroids but little to no damage to people; BUT they have a respectable knockdown range and a fairly long stun.

I'm talking about HACKED charges, the ones that explode when put onto station tiles. It's probably fixed now anyway, but ehh.

Yeah, aren't hacked charges concussive charges with no target limit? My point still stands.
Actually, hacked mining charges USED to gib people and destroy station tiles/equipment without mercy.
Now they just scorch the floor in a small radius.
My point is that for most of your telecrystals you get an infinite supply of low effort high reward explosives. This is not right, it never was.
40mm HE from the assault platform is far less good at breaking windows than the ballistic shotgun, and can't break girders at all. The blast is still puny to the point of being completely useless.

The syndicate pipe bomb is not strong enough to break floors, which is not particularly useful for 3 telecrystals.
Marquesas Wrote:My point is that for most of your telecrystals you get an infinite supply of low effort high reward explosives. This is not right, it never was.

And having useless explosives ISN'T?
Marquesas Wrote:My point is that for most of your telecrystals you get an infinite supply of low effort high reward explosives. This is not right, it never was.
Well hack charge miners have been a classic traitor style for ever.
I noticed that a lot of explosives are having trouble breaking the floor. The walls will go down just fine, but the floor seems almost impervious to everything but the most violent of explosions.
Ok on the point of hacked charges, they aren't low effort. I went through making and gathering the resources for six belts worth,. Discovered that you try to put one ina full belt, it will simply slap the charge on the ground, bye bye backpack. so tossed them all in a crate, got some damage done to the station, it was fun, but seven charges aren't that big of a deal, that is what fits in a belt and you need a lot of prep work to get this done right. This was before the mining z nerf, fun fact... you can't do it now as the extra lockers are gone (this makes me sad)
Holy crap it certainly is bugged! I had a a crate of 40 to 50 units of erebite (Erebite! The shit that if you even look at it, it explodes) next to me at the arc smelter on LLJK1. I screwed up and loaded only 1 piece of erebite ore into the smelter and clicked it. Causing the smelter to explode... Causing the 5 bars I smelted to explode... causing the crate of 40 - 50 erebite to explode, causing the secondary crate of 20 erebite/plasmastone to explode..... It only knocked out a few walls. didn't even damage the smelter. Blew out about 7 floor tiles (didn't even touch the metal lattice left over) and blew off all my limbs, and left me only in crit....

To put it in perspective, a crate of 20 erebite pre-patch gibbed me and 3 others within like a 5 tile radius of the crate blew out the entire smelter room and fucked up most of the warehouse, northern part of QM would be missing sections and could loop would of been simply fucked.

This needs some fixin' bad
Oh yeah, for better or worse, erebite is pathetic now.
KikiMofo Wrote:

You know I'm all for carnage but mining charges are classically ridiculous.

BlakeJohnson Wrote:And having useless explosives ISN'T?
It has a more than decent KO time in a large area. Hence the term concussive.
I wouldn't characterize that as useless.
Marquesas Wrote:
KikiMofo Wrote:

You know I'm all for carnage but mining charges are classically ridiculous.

BlakeJohnson Wrote:And having useless explosives ISN'T?
It has a more than decent KO time in a large area. Hence the term concussive.
I wouldn't characterize that as useless.

Asides from a cyalume or a canister bomb, few things are as noisy or obvious as a miner slapping charges on everything and anything.
charges blast limbs off and bust computers. It'd be handy to be able to do something like click them and they act like a grenade "You slap the hacked charge, activating it" might give them a lil more mileage.
I'd like to say that artillery system pods are still not working right. They have a low pressure high range blast apparently. While it's fine for windows, it is shit against walls.
The nuclear charge probably needs buffed, at this point. It can currently take out most of a single department, and that's about it.

When it was re-introduced to being back on the station (in the mainframe room), when it would blow, the light damage blast radius would extend clear into chemistry (only the top right corner, albeit). Given the amount of effort one has to go through to set a charge off (and how pitifully easy it is to stop), it's not really worth it to ever create one anymore, especially now that canister bombs are as crazy as they are (and how easily they can be made in secret and hidden).

Since the advent of walls impacting explosions and explosive power being tweaked so many times...the end result is the nuclear charge is hugely underwhelming and almost never worth pursuing anymore.