Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Synth brains and ghostborgs
Random idea from another thread that I think could apply to borgs in general:

Normal human brains revive the player that brain was attached to, right? 

What if synth brains grown in botany could serve as a blank for any ghost to jump into, similar to the ghost drones or soul steel items?

Borgs built this way could maybe have a stricter lawset, since unlike a human brain they wouldn't have previous memories. And if you don't like the ghost that's in there, pop the brain out and back in to boot that ghost out.
ghot catcher technology has been pioneered, so i guess its feasible, but with drones already in place and capable of performing most functions, i do not see a big need for it? maybe if everyone insists ghost drones are too boring to play or drones get up to too much mischief.
I'd like this. Also if players are caught metagaming using this they're simply banned from being able to enter a synthbrain.

It gives dead players something to do other than just ghost around and be bored. Sucks to die 5 minutes into a round. ESPECIALLY on LLJK1.
Yes, I like this. Rather than having it as the regular synthbrains that can be obtained fairly easily, what about a mutant variant of synthbrains created by infusing nanites, strange reagent or ectoplasm?
Maybe roboticists need to add some sort of doohickey to the synthbrain like a miniaturised ghost catcher, or some sort of ectoplasmic interface.