Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hat Penetration for Shamblers
So the shambling abomination is a giant fleshy monstrosity who devours people whole right? So why do they still suffer from the weakness of humans where your required to remove someone's hat and mask so that you can choke them? My suggestion is give the shambler the ability to put the full choke on someone without having to remove their hat and mask or make devour be instant(I prefer the former). Chances are if you have to pop horror form you've been found out and everyone and their bee will be coming down on you. What's the shambles best ability? To be able to quickly devour people whole and remove them from the fight. If I remember correctly shambles already take reduced brute damage, so this will give Mr.Assistant less incentive to don a hat and grab a welder, safe with the knoledge that chances are very low that he will be devoured due to his almighty hat. And if we really want To make it fun make the shamblers hat change to the one they just ate. Always save the captain for last

tl;dr Give shamblers the ability to kill grab with hard and masks still on
well unless they changed this you actually only need an aggressive grab for devouring which you can manage even if someone is wearing a hat

if this has been changed then change it back because that's stupid
Speaking of devour, why isn't there an option to absorb someone's whole body and use it for slow, sustained DNA points at the cost of them being able to get out if you die or something?
Dauntasa Wrote:well unless they changed this you actually only need an aggressive grab for devouring which you can manage even if someone is wearing a hat

if this has been changed then change it back because that's stupid
If I get a ling round soon I'll check, but in chat at the time it appeared that nobody was aware of you only needing an aggressive grab.
I also think that Shambler's Acid Spit should be a beefed up version that melts masks and hats when you spit them. I mean if everything else is beefed up you might as well make the acid act like an acid.
Shamblers only ever needed an aggressive grab.
KikiMofo Wrote:I also think that Shambler's Acid Spit should be a beefed up version that melts masks and hats when you spit them. I mean if everything else is beefed up you might as well make the acid act like an acid.

Make all changeling acid do this and sharply reduce the time it knocks a guy out for.
hi can devour actually devour??? if i'm trying to rampage i don't want to have to sit and take someone's hat off so i can grab them aggressively and eat them!!!
MollyMillions Wrote:
KikiMofo Wrote:I also think that Shambler's Acid Spit should be a beefed up version that melts masks and hats when you spit them. I mean if everything else is beefed up you might as well make the acid act like an acid.

Make all changeling acid do this and sharply reduce the time it knocks a guy out for.
Well spit was already nerfed on the time so you needed to sting them while they were down too otherwise they ran away but maybe alittle less time would be fine but make it so if someone has nothing covering their face the spit works like normal with a normal knock out time.
MollyMillions Wrote:

this sounds great yes please
Weavel Wrote:
MollyMillions Wrote:

this sounds great yes please

And if you're lucky(??), you too can catch a ball of changeling acid in your hand to do with as you please! Toss it in a beaker for its reagents? Deep fry it and make a cake with it? Watch your arm melt off as you miss?
Actually, shambling abominations can't eat folks with hats. The grab goes to aggressive, and then you have to take off their hats/masks/etc.

You need a higher grab than that for Devour. Probably a bug?
Conor12 Wrote:Actually, shambling abominations can't eat folks with hats. The grab goes to aggressive, and then you have to take off their hats/masks/etc.

You need a higher grab than that for Devour. Probably a bug?
didn't use to be that way. Should be changed back
Recently played a ling round. Aggressive grab doesn't do jack shit. This needs and immediate fix.
i agree shamblers should be able to eat people without having to strip them because ain't nobody have time for dat!