Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Arc Smelter Additive Effects
So we all love the Arc Smelter. We all love the wonderful things it makes. And we all love the amount of customization it has. But as some of you may have noticed, it's not quite being used to the potential that was advertised - namely the additive system.

Now, we've seen a few additives work, mostly Welding Fuel and some of the drugs, but that's about it; so far it hasn't been demonstrated that any other reagent has any noteworthy effect on alloys. And as Keelin said in the changelog, "The rarer / more exotic the reagent, the more dramatic the effect on the material", or at least that's supposed to be the case.

To that end, I say we come up with a few! Adding unique properties to the alloy? Altering the alloy's stats? Causing things to happen when they make contact with someone? Let's get some suggestions on the table! smile
I don't actually know all the effects, but it would probably be a good idea to get a list of all the publicly listed reagent's effects so there's no stuff suggested that already exists.

That said if space lube floor tiles aren't already a thing they should be, mostly because it might be the most evil suggestion anyone could come up with.

Also I want chloral trifluoride or whatever to set people on fire, I tried making gloves with it once for fire punches awhile ago and it didn't work. That or maybe it could set the wearer on fire. I know you can make erebite gloves for exploding punches, but gimmick boxing gloves are always a good use of the arc smelter.
I made LSD-Smokepowder-Pyrosium gloves, and they kinda worked, but not properly.

The gloves made me trip perpetually, and when/if I punched myself, I'd/the gloves'd emit a cloud of reagentless smoke.
atomic1fire Wrote:That said if space lube floor tiles aren't already a thing they should be, mostly because it might be the most evil suggestion anyone could come up with.

They are NOT as of yet. GONK

That being said, the few active additives that do work either have pyrotechnic triggers or unique triggers in the case of drugs and mutagen. Acids, along with alcoholic drinks, poisons, or medicines, do not pass on active effects.
APARTHEID Wrote:
atomic1fire Wrote:That said if space lube floor tiles aren't already a thing they should be, mostly because it might be the most evil suggestion anyone could come up with.

They are NOT as of yet. GONK

That being said, the few active additives that do work either have pyrotechnic triggers or unique triggers in the case of drugs and mutagen. Acids, along with alcoholic drinks, poisons, or medicines, do not pass on active effects.

Oh man please make Glowing Slurry one of the working additives. Mutation Roulette with that would be astounding.
Archenteron Wrote:LSD-Smokepowder-Pyrosium gloves

Keelin @ Changelog Wrote:One bar uses the entire contents of the barrel. The barrel can only hold one reagent.

Yeah that sounds like something is broken in the code. That said however, I see no reason you shouldn't able to use Pyrosium Gloves to punch a Smokepowder Heavy Armor and have it carry LSD from your Jumpsuit. Or something.

One personal suggestion: I was once told that Cryostylane reduced a material's Heat Transfer Coefficient (read: made it spaceworthy), but I later confirmed that this was false (really, a cold chem fighting off the cold of space, what). While I do think Cryostylane should have an affect on materials, I would like to nominate a chem that can actually lower HTC in that manner, like Teporone which tries to stabilize body heat.
Archenteron Wrote:Oh man please make Glowing Slurry one of the working additives. Mutation Roulette with that would be astounding.

It already works as well as you'd expect. get in not go out