Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
More end of time round
I think the end of time round, when everyone goes nuts shooting up the shuttle, raiding Centcom, and discussing the past round in OOC, should be extended by 30-60 seconds, taken off of the follow pre-round time. Because people need time to gloat, whine, gripe, and ponder.
That'd be pretty neat I guess, though it'd mean nearly 5 minutes overall between round ends and beginnings, which is pretty long. Maybe demoing it might be cool
I just wish ghosts could move around on centcom so that way they can follow the fighting and stuff when they go up into the dance room but yeah extra time would be cool for more crazy mayhem I love at the end.
I like this idea, but it should be dependent on playercount that are currently active on the server, because I don't imagine a lone traitor will have a great time moping around at centcom if they're the only ones there.

KikiMofo Wrote:I just wish ghosts could move around on centcom so that way they can follow the fighting and stuff when they go up into the dance room but yeah extra time would be cool for more crazy mayhem I love at the end.
You can observe the people who enter centcom at the end. aardvarko
Moving 30 seconds from preround to postround would be splendid.
I prefer having post-round discussion after the round is completely over. Half the time, the CENTCOM visit and any post-round banter that goes along with it is washed away in a wave of hundreds of "________ is on fire!" messages being spammed constantly as the chemists set off their beaker bombs.
I like this idea, yes from me.
I like this idea, yes from me.
Yes, we need to roleplay the heat death of the universe without interruption.
30 seconds of time to fuck around, get drunk on ice cream, and beat each other up in front of the boogiebots would be pretty fun. Plus it would let people talk a bit more about the rounds' events and such.
I think the pre-round time is fine as-is given how shitty it can be trying to reconnect, but definitely the post-round could use an extension, even if just to drink beers and high-five each other.
Setup time is particularly long here; shaving off a little and adding it onto the end of the round would be great.
Fox McCloud Wrote:Setup time is particularly long here; shaving off a little and adding it onto the end of the round would be great.

MollyMillions Wrote:I think the pre-round time is find as-is given how shitty it can be trying to reconnect, but definitely the post-round could use an extension, even if just to drink beers and high-five each other.

Huh.
If I have to sit through a 30 second ad and reconnect three times every time a new round starts, I'm ok with the pre-round erring on the long side.
Pre-round length was expanded specifically because of the startup ads, too. I think it's long enough, gives people plenty of time to plan out any expeditions or plans for the round without being too long.

I'm all for adding half a minute to the post-round timer, though. Would be neat if there was something silly to do on Centcom (other than eat god-knows-what ice cream cones).