Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Shitty firebombs
Why the hell can't we fill bottles with welding fluid and stick some fabric or something on it then light it on fire and chuck it at shit? Hell we need some way of doing shitty fire bombing other than welding tanks. We already have fire grenades so why can't we make our own with the chance that when you light them they might blow up in your hands?
Glasses of TriFluroide work as shitty fire-bombs actually.
Just toss them at someone or a floor to set them/it on fire.
Only hits what you throw it at though, so if it hits someone only they get lit on fire and etc.

Though I doubt many people would mind molotovs and such, yeah.
Yeah throwing glasses of shit at people is always good but I want more of an area thing.
You can already fill certain things with welding fuel, attach an igniter and a couple other things, and use them as a shitty firebomb. If that's too many tools for you, just steal a few erebite chunks from the guy working the arc smelter and you've got instant firebombs with no effort needed.
I was working on molotovs awhile ago and forgot to finish them, like a doofus. Lemme see if I still have that stuff locally.
Cogwerks Wrote:I was working on molotovs awhile ago and forgot to finish them, like a doofus. Lemme see if I still have that stuff locally.
Oh hell yeah. Yous the best Cogs.
Bringing this topic back from the graveyard. Is cogs still going to work on these or is it dead and gone?
There are sprites for this in the icons folder, just add a generic fuse object and allow people to attach it to bottles, or something.

Code:
/obj/item/molotov_fuse
    name = 'Molotov Fuse'
    desc = 'Someone ripped up some cloth and added a wire to form a molotov fuse'
    icon = 'icons/obj/bottle.dmi'
    icon_state = 'molotov_fuse'
[Image: d29de2d907.jpg]
50u of phlog in a glass.

[Image: 26819782cb.jpg]
50u of ClF3 in a glass.

How big/destructive do you want this to be?
Molotov would be perfect for space station. I mean who does not like fire?
(01-22-2016, 08:10 AM)Ed Venture Wrote: Molotov would be perfect for space station. I mean who does not like fire?

I agree with more firebombs in general.

I have been working on trying to crack nitroglycerin, and in doing so I discovered that there's a nitrogen compound you can mix with the ingredients for a magnesium explosion when heated. This "trick" if you want to call it that, also works for sorium explosions. It's to do with making another chem which is probably a secret at this point, but overall it's not hard to actually make with wikipedia.

Never cracked nitroglycerin yet though, I think I just figured out a few possible base chems.

I probably shouldn't say it, but I'm talking about a nonwiki chem that produces oxygen when you make that chem with heat. I abuse it to make splosions in beaker bombs.
(01-22-2016, 06:51 AM)Vitatroll Wrote: [Image: d29de2d907.jpg]
50u of phlog in a glass.

50u of ClF3 in a glass.

The size of 50u of CLF3 but without the floor melting.
(01-23-2016, 12:26 PM)KikiMofo Wrote:
(01-22-2016, 06:51 AM)Vitatroll Wrote: [Image: d29de2d907.jpg]
50u of phlog in a glass.

50u of ClF3 in a glass.

The size of 50u of CLF3 but without the floor melting.

That seems a little too large to me for how easy that would be to make (if we're talking welding fluid as the base). What about like, a 3x3 square with the impact point in center?
With regards to the size, the overall functionality could be controlled via construction timers. I'd rather see staff pyromaniacs go for something that didn't put holes in the floor, as that's far more dangerous than a simple single tick fire. Grabbing a box of glasses and going to town with a few watercans of clf3 is hardly a feat for a veteran SA. Heck, I can generally make thousands of units of BP with little to no effort as a SA. That's pretty drat scary, honestly.
Yeah it doesn't really matter if that seems too big for simple welding fluid since you can just explode a welding tank into a giant fire ball that can and will kill people, so yeah it's pretty easy already to make giant fireball bombs. I am assuming welding fluid in the ~ss13 space universe~ works the same as gasoline so a full bottle of gasoline with a rag on fire smashing on the ground would be about the size of the CL3F explosion.