Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Locker and crate smokes/foams
I think it would be cool if when you mix a foam or smoke inside of a locker or crate it should stay inside the crate or locker until they are opened and then when they are opened they burst out. I can just imagine some fun fucking traps like leaving a note near a locker saying DON'T OPEN and of course someone opens it and they are consumed by a fire filled hellfoam. Let me know what you guys think.
I'm mixed on this. On one hand, the implications of this are incredible. On the other, I like being able to mix stuff in floor closets and have foam suddenly come out of the floors.
I don't really mess with chemistry, since I don't know it. Can you not make beaker assemblies that have a proximity sensor?
Frank_Stein Wrote:I don't really mess with chemistry, since I don't know it. Can you not make beaker assemblies that have a proximity sensor?
You can yes but I'm not sure if they work inside of a locker. Someone update me on that.

Also yeah Lavastage I know what you mean but that seems more of a glitch than anything because you aren't being harmed by what you made at all.
Lavastage Wrote:I'm mixed on this. On one hand, the implications of this are incredible. On the other, I like being able to mix stuff in floor closets and have foam suddenly come out of the floors.

I think it's kinda dumb that you can mix something INSIDE a container and the only things aren't affected by it are the ones INSIDE the containers.

I'd like to suggest an addendum - smoke should work the way suggested, but foam should burst the container open instead due to the rapid build-up of matter, then continue acting as normal.
KikiMofo Wrote:
Frank_Stein Wrote:I don't really mess with chemistry, since I don't know it. Can you not make beaker assemblies that have a proximity sensor?
You can yes but I'm not sure if they work inside of a locker. Someone update me on that.

Also yeah Lavastage I know what you mean but that seems more of a glitch than anything because you aren't being harmed by what you made at all.

I was just thinking you could make something with a proximity trigger, stick it in a locker, then have it go off when it gets opened.
I'm not super-keen on this idea. Lubefoam from a floor closet is a time-honoured tradition and I wouldn't want this to go away.

Frank_Stein Wrote:
KikiMofo Wrote:

I was just thinking you could make something with a proximity trigger, stick it in a locker, then have it go off when it gets opened.

This works, but the prox assembly is slow enough that the person opening the locker can safely close it again, if they have good reflexes.
Why not add a reagent that is sensitive to light? Being in lockers inside of brightly lit rooms doesn't set it off, neither does being in a dimly lit room.
On the subject of trapping lockers, what if cable coils could be tied to objects and the inside of a locker, activating whatever when the locker is opened? Use it with a tank transfer bomb. Anyone opens the locker get's blown up.
BadClown Wrote:Why not add a reagent that is sensitive to light? Being in lockers inside of brightly lit rooms doesn't set it off, neither does being in a dimly lit room.

That could be a really fun reagent. I just imagine some guy mixing stuff in a dark room and having someone come in, turn the lights on, and burn the whole place down.

Carrying it around in a bag or box should keep it from reacting. Maybe some opaque beakers could be added as well?