Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Minor Gun Buff
Guns have been a bit less effective since the health overhaul. If you don't stick around and finish off your target with a blunt object, they can usually limp their way to medbay, even with several bullets in them... so my suggestion is that, in addition to the bleeding, moving around while you have bullets in you has a chance to cause brute damage, maybe negated by morphine. Gunshot victims could still go to medbay instead of calling for help or recieving ghetto surgery, but it'd be riskier.
This would be really great

Can't wait to staple myself so much that every movement I make puts me into crit
The only guns that DON'T need buffs are Derringer and Hunting Rifle. Those put you in instant crit.
Bleeding from bullets already causes damage over time though? If you're at close range, guns are already very buff - if you're trying to shoot someone at the edge of your range you'll have worse results. Two close-range revolver shots should crit someone.

Here are my notes from when I tested gun damage, actually:
Old Hunting Rifle: 125 brute
Old Hunting Rifle (melee): 15 brute
Derringer (point-blank): 125 brute (apparently?)
Derringer: 25 brute at max visible range, 100 brute at ½ visible range
Revolver: 60 brute, bleeding (from bullets - not like knife bleed damage) - has a good range, only drops to 55 at max vis range
Revolver (point-blank): 60 brute + stun, bleeding
Spacker-12 (shotgun): 110 brute (seems to be max damage) at ½ range, 30 brute at max range (well, max visible range)
Spacker-12 (melee): 18 brute
Suppressed .22 Pistol: 35 brute max, decent range

I don't think I noted it down here but I think the old hunting rifle had similar or better range to the spacker.
Hunting rifle has no range limit. It's the same damage at all ranges I think. Instant crit. Also can you test the .38? Like close up, point blank, far away. I swear it does less damage at point blank.
If this is a thing, the Detective's gun shouldn't receive such a buff. They tend to fire like it's a little more than a taser because it's only an inconvenience to heal from. They'd probably end up gunning down some shithead for stealing a guard's stun baton. Plus they can still apprehend people fairly effectively if they're shot, not need to kill them with brute damage while they limp to Medical. In any case, traitors could certainly use some buffs with their guns.
KikiMofo Wrote:Hunting rifle has no range limit. It's the same damage at all ranges I think. Instant crit. Also can you test the .38? Like close up, point blank, far away. I swear it does less damage at point blank.
Sure.

.38 revolver (point-blank): 35 brute
.38 revolver (max visible range): 30 brute
A long, looking time ago, /tg/ buffed the damage of the detectives revolver to 80 damage a shot. It was glorious in how many detectives got lynched for wrongful murder.

Moral of the story is that detectives are shit and should not have their gun buffed.
.22 rounds should not blow up in a zip gun anywhere neat as much, and they certainly shouldn't take off limbs.

Now, misfiring and giving you the opportunity to look down the barrel...
Karakoran Wrote:If this is a thing, the Detective's gun shouldn't receive such a buff. They tend to fire like it's a little more than a taser because it's only an inconvenience to heal from. They'd probably end up gunning down some shithead for stealing a guard's stun baton. Plus they can still apprehend people fairly effectively if they're shot, not need to kill them with brute damage while they limp to Medical. In any case, traitors could certainly use some buffs with their guns.

agreed, also staple guns probably
Let us mint staple magazines with custom metals. Cerenkite staples for everyone!