Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dedicated Roleplay Server?
I played on on of the servers the other day, and I have to say, I really love the map that you guys use. (Good work devs)
However I feel that it's ruined completely by all the people that like to have fun and mess around. People like me who like enforced roleplay don't stand a chance to try and roleplay on the servers. That's why I'd like to propose either a new server or re purpose on of the usually empty servers for enforced rp.

I can see a large amount of people liking it, but maybe that's just me. Let me know what you think.
Hahaha, no. I don't know if goon was ever anything more than lite-rp, let alone enforced RP. There is enough RP servers that aren't goon, please don't bring that crowd to here.
I would definitely support one of the servers becoming light/moderate RP, but as much as I'd love the idea, I can't see it happening for a number of reasons:

-Confusion about differing rulesets
-Far more administration beyond just putting down creepy stuff+checking legitimacy of actions. A more strict and unique ruleset has to be enforced+running GM events.
-People coming over from the main servers just to intentionally mess up/make fun of the roleplayers
-Game is largely balanced for hour long rounds.
-Groupthink

I honestly would love to see it happen; the unique relationships that arise from even light RP, not to mention the co-operation and people taking their jobs seriously is amazing to watch and participate it, but I really don't think it would work here, sadly.
It would take me longer than I feel like spending to explain why this is a big "no" so I'ma just find my favorite highlights

Quote:However I feel that it's ruined completely by all the people that like to have fun

Quote:the unique relationships that arise from even light RP

lol

Quote:Groupthink

fuck you. It's very smug to be like "you dont wanna do the thing I wanna do and it's obviously just because you're bandwagoning with the populist opinion!!!!"

once more for the cheap seats

~fuck u~
I'll explain what bubs couldn't. wink
Goon isn't, and was never, and will never be, enforced roleplay. You read the memo right? You will often see people say "RUININ' MA IMMERSIIION" for shits and giggles.
Roleplay at times can be fun. A melancholy detective. A dangerously carefree AI. A disgruntled HoS. A rastafarian botanist. A loose screw chaplain. A sly bartender. A valiant engineer. A pompous captain. These are all examples of, believe it or not, roleplay.
But it's voluntary and nobody gives a fuck if you break character. There's nothing concrete in rules about this, and thank fuck for that.
Hell one of my favorite characters is big tim wey (sp?) who plays an angry scot. He never breaks character even when he's getting shot at and I admire that. If you want to roleplay, nothing is stopping you within the rules. I'd like to see more people like big tim wey (sp?).

As far as your other argument might go with shit actually getting done (cross departmental collaboration, bla bla) well, the fix for that shouldn't be roleplay. That's a lazy fix. The fix for that should be an incentive.
Sundance Wrote:I'll explain what bubs couldn't. wink

When you are being told why your ideas aren't fun by the fucking antichrist of fun himself, you probably need to check yourself.
[Image: NU8doMz.png]
I saw that edit bubs
good. I WANT YOU TO SEE.
Eh it was worth a try. smile
See, this is my opinion on having a dedicated RP server:

Given sufficient reason the players are content to strict RP themselves.

Like whenever someone starts a nerd game of wizards and syndicates.

overall though I don't think players will hard RP unless they have a funny reason for doing so. e.g dad mode.
I RP someone who's lost control of his life and finds solace in pretending to fart in space. I rarely break character.
It's not happening and that might be for the better.
Ali0en Wrote:No: Do you have a fir suit?

are you RPing an evergreen tree, cause if not don't come here
Ali0en Wrote:No: Do you have a fir suit?

Ali0en Wrote:a fir suit?

Ali0en Wrote:fir suit

[Image: XrNR5LV.png?1]