Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mining update bugs
Did you change the algorithm for ore distribution yesterday? I couldn't find any morliz or cobryl in four different asteroid fields.
[Image: 1mO8zhR.png]

Maybe they should back off from the edge of the map a bit.
Convair880 Wrote:A couple of things:

- The new sprites are an improvement. Bohrum ore veins are still very hard to spot at a glance though.
- Char ore has a hardness rating of -1 instead of 0.
- Will ore extractors have a future? Worthless without a teleporter upgrade (should be standard), but they were useful sometimes. Failed to find any dense asteroids so far.
- Digbots don't have different sprites for the on/off states.
- Pathfinding appears broken. They mine adjacent tiles just fine, yet don't move around on their own. Different settings and tiles (space vs. catwalk/asteroid) don't seem to make a difference.
- Emagged digbots should probably attack people with the pickaxe instead of doing nothing.

1) I changed some of the ore colors the other day so you can spot them a bit easier. Keep the feedback coming.
2) That's intended. Char is a weak crumbly material that weakens the structure of the rock, so it's easier to dig out than usual.
3) Dense asteroids are currently gone, so extractors are currently useless. I am working on something to do for them though!
4/5/6) Digbots are kind of useless to be honest and I might just do away with them.

Xeram Wrote:[Image: comfqWt.png]
This was just me being a dumbass with the spawn asteroid debug proc. It's not a regular occurrence!

Convair880 Wrote:Did you change the algorithm for ore distribution yesterday? I couldn't find any morliz or cobryl in four different asteroid fields.
I did add two new ores but that shouldn't stop those from showing up. Keep at it over the course of a few days and let me know.
Mining bots are useless now but they didn't use to be when I played miner alot. I liked leaving them on while I went out and seeing that they dug out most of the asteroids around the mining base. Don't take them out please. Just fix them so they can dig again. Also make them alittle faster since the rounds don't take as long anymore.
Is it possible to get a list of all ores and gems? I wanted to help out but I'm not sure what I HAVEN'T seen show up
ISaidNo Wrote:I did add two new ores but that shouldn't stop those from showing up. Keep at it over the course of a few days and let me know.
1) I have solved this particular mystery. Turns out the new sprites for cobryl and molitz are so hard to distinguish from regular rock that I only stumbled across them by accident. I think they should be replaced with something more distinctive.

[Image: cpfvivehst8jjqqe8.png]

The asteroid I'm facing contains molitz.

[Image: cpfvul5vnautnpyqo.png]

Cobryl on the left, molitz on the right.

2) Similar problem with pharosium and syreline. They stand out from worthless rock just fine, but are a tad difficult to tell apart from each other (orange vs. gold).

3) Don't know if this is an intended change, however the power hammer has been buffed significantly. Instead of reducing the hardness rating, it slices through everything like butter, including level 5 rock formations. Sort of renders the laser drill redundant as a high-end mining tool.

4) Viscerite and koshmarite appear to be classified as "High Density Matter" as well as "Metal", though I can't say for certain because Mineralogy 101 hasn't been updated yet. The oddity is that they aren't always used up in the fabrication process. Examples:

Item: Power hammer
Cost: 1 High Density Matter, 8 Conductive Material
Ore in the fabricator: 8x pharosium, 1x viscerite/koshmarite
Result: Hammer

Item: Geological scanner
Cost: 1 Metal, 1 Conductive Material, 1 Crystal
Ore in the fabricator: 1x morliz, 1x pharosium, 1x viscerite/koshmarite
Result: Scanner, 1x viscerite/koshmarite

Weavel Wrote:Is it possible to get a list of all ores and gems? I wanted to help out but I'm not sure what I HAVEN'T seen show up
Here. So far, the only stuff I haven't seen are dense asteroids (see ISN's post), dense pharosium/mauxite (removed as a separate asteroid type, it would appear) erebite (always exceedingly rare) and starstone (not supposed to appear in the asteroid belt, I think).
space cleaner smoke next to an unmined tile of ore causes it to turn back into normal rock, but it still drops ore if you mine it
ok im very very confused now, im not even sure where to start really...

-well first off bohrum and ceretine are non-existent now. this is horrifying.

-nothing the miners have can break through a dense asteroid pulled in with the magnet
(I've heard concussion gloves might do it, but its pretty annoying having to wait through the cooldowns on the magnet over and over cause you keep dragging in a dense asteroid that you have no way of cracking)

-mining outpost has no minerals to mine anymore

-also ive noticed that there isnt any mineral good for bullet resistant, whats the deal with that?!

-miracle matter, cytine, fibrilith, and uqill don't show up in the fabricator, only their detailing feature. (see: http://i.imgur.com/dKi55bB.jpg notice the 3 "awful" i have in the fabricator.

-bring back bohrum seriously!

thats all that i can remember now, but yeah it needs some fixin imo x:
Broodlines Wrote:ok im very very confused now, im not even sure where to start really...
-miracle matter, cytine, fibrilith, and uqill don't show up in the fabricator, only their detailing feature. (see: http://i.imgur.com/dKi55bB.jpg notice the 3 "awful" i have in the fabricator.

that seems to be the case with them even before they go in the fabricators

also yes bohrum and claretine are MIA please fix this before i die of grief!!!
To break through dense asteroids, you have to hit them repeatedly with a power hammer (as opposed to hitting them once and waiting like normal rocks). The number of hits needed seems to be heavily randomized; sometimes a tile of rock breaks in a couple of hits, sometimes you blow through your entire power hammer charge without breaking a single rock. The cooldown can also be disabled by the captain or chief engineer (but NOT borgs or the AI, for some reason), allowing you to call a new rock without waiting.

The gems only lose their names if they're randomly generated by falling out of an square of mined rock. The gem caches found at the center of dense asteroids are named properly, but if a gem falls out of a tile of rock it'll immediately have its name replaced by its quality modifier.

And yeah, I haven't seen any bohrum or clarentine since the dense asteroids and the ice chunks were added.
There don't seem to be any random asteroids generating on the Mining level? I don't know if this is intentional or not.

Gonna second the thing about the current ore tiles being too hard to distinguish, especially for the light ores but in general as well. Everything's just kind of speckles at the moment and the new asteroid tiles are visually busy enough that they don't stand out well. Maybe if deposits of different ores were different shapes as well as different colors it'd help?
well apparently recycling units still don't eject ores, they just delete them
Not sure if this is mining related or not, but the indyputt's metal foam sprayer doesn't work anymore.
Hi I went ahead and made a few alternative ore sprites:

[Image: oSAKsaM.png]
[Image: pDxRwZT.png]
Char, mauxite, molitz, gold and syreline

Here they are without the asteroid tile behind them since I'm not sure I aligned it right:
[Image: NkHzET6.png][Image: ypGS4LT.png][Image: Wgbwu9i.png][Image: fv5pSOT.png][Image: WuxBBzl.png]
Here's some more.

[Image: PtSPJCJ.png]
[Image: O3Wwmer.png]
Bohrum, claretine, pharosium, cobryl, plasmastone

[Image: 9fbeXyr.png][Image: IXmxk32.png][Image: iek1XWU.png][Image: N6W293M.png][Image: KQXzAPs.png]