Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mining update bugs
With the new update to mining, there's no way to actually mine. I personally tested the pod drills, the pickaxe, and even the starter explosive charges, and all they did was weaken the rock. Did some variables get changed when the sprites were changed, or could this have something to do with the random generation now?
Confirmin'

The randomization is pretty cool though!
Put a fix through, try it out now.
After a quick test, they still aren't mine-able.

Also, they are impervious to mining scanners. Using the mining pod scanner it says you scanned zero tiles of rock, and clicking the hand scanner while holding it does nothing now.
Last night someone who warped to the Mining beacon got stuck in an asteroid, and while browsing the camera network I saw and asteroid inside a hallway.
david2222121 Wrote:and clicking the hand scanner while holding it does nothing now.

scanners are completely broken with everything now as far as i can tell
also gems might be broken since ive been mining for 20 minutes with nothing but i cant confirm this since i cant area scan for gems
Rhydic Wrote:also gems might be broken since ive been mining for 20 minutes with nothing but i cant confirm this since i cant area scan for gems

scanner works again, gems dont spawn even when it says they exist
Me and IBM have put some more fixes through. Asteroids shouldn't block important shit anymore, asteroids really shouldn't be invulnerable anymore, scanners should work, events should work. Not EVERYTHING is still fixed yet but we're getting there. Tends to be a bumpy ride when the backend is completely overhauled. If I wasn't ill right now i'd be working on it a lot more. frown

Supplemental Picture: I Said No about to do some coding
[Image: r4YsjgQ.jpg]
Asteroids are still showing up where they shouldn't. Just had a round where a block with cobryl replaced a mining outpost wall, and a clarentine chunk appeared right underneath the left-hand mining pod.

Using the mining pod sensor doesn't give it the little hud overlay to show minerals, dangerous blocks, and whatnot.

Also, would it be possible to make a few of the different skins for various ores more noticable? I have to squint to find mauxite and I STILL dont know what bohrum looks like. Same with Cobryl and Syreline.
The asteroid images on the wiki were updated so you can at least tell what shit is, provided you can actually tell the difference between them.
just about every bug mentioned in here so far has been looked at and fixed, keep em comin folks
I'm not sure if this is a new thing or not but jesus the mining pickaxe sound effect is REALLY loud.
A couple of things:

- The new sprites are an improvement. Bohrum ore veins are still very hard to spot at a glance though.
- Char ore has a hardness rating of -1 instead of 0.
- Will ore extractors have a future? Worthless without a teleporter upgrade (should be standard), but they were useful sometimes. Failed to find any dense asteroids so far.

Not directly related to the recent update, but I think worth mentioning:

- Digbots don't have different sprites for the on/off states.
- Pathfinding appears broken. They mine adjacent tiles just fine, yet don't move around on their own. Different settings and tiles (space vs. catwalk/asteroid) don't seem to make a difference.
- Emagged digbots should probably attack people with the pickaxe instead of doing nothing.
[Image: comfqWt.png]

I thought we were supposed to avoid the asteroids.

It was like this up in the northern part of the station too, and the round before I think a wall of rogue asteroid blocked a class 50 shower from the east.