Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Move the Smelter to Mining
This way not every chucklefuck on station can have erebite-mauxite armour and run around bonking themselves with welders
Ye this

Also mining could always use more reasons to interact with the station.
Miners don't exactly have access to chemistry so it seems kinda silly to move it there
Moving the smelter to mining makes sense in regards to getting the raw materials, however you would need to make the doors leading to mining accessible to everyone. For example the scientists whom can make the chemicals will no longer have access to the smelter.

I fully agree that the smelter NEEDS to be moved far away from the engine though. Mining is a logical place to put it but that will require some work on the map changing around things so mining doesn't just get abused by everyone and that everyone can come and go with problems.
by the way if any mappers see this, mining station could use an ATM for miners to deposit their initial paycheck
I do agree that Ore Processing needs to be moved to another location however, as I have noticed when hellburning the engine that Ore Processing randomly likes to contract its own raging fireball as a result, which is no fun for anyone. And I also agree that the Mining Outpost is the logical place to move Ore Processing to, since it's where all the ores come from.

My main gripe with this idea, however, is that then only Miners would have access to it - unless of course the Mining Outpost was suddenly made All Access, which is just a very bad idea. Moving Ore Processing to Mining would mean making a new section of map to accommodate it that is All Access while keeping the rest of the Mining Outpost restricted to Miners... I dunno, I'm just seeing this being a bit of an issue with the mappers.
new section of mining that's called the forge or something, public access or pretty open access (at least qm, scientists, miners, and maybe engineers). there'd be a shuttle to it where the external entrance to the current smelter is. it'd be separate to mining, but on the same zlevel and close by, or another section of current mining.
why on earth would the mining station or part of it be made all-access to enable chucklefucks to access the smelter when the whole point of this suggestion (which is a good suggestion imo) is to make it so that every chucklefuck CAN'T access the smelter and people actually have to cooperate with other parts of the station to get stuff they want/need
This is a good idea.
BUUUUUUUT
I'd still like it if there was also a manufacturer in QM for this change.
I also don't think having a small podbay in mining with access to the smelter specifically for people to come is SUCH a bad idea either
Dunno if it should be moved to mining, but adding doors that only miners and the CE have access to would be a nice start. At the same time, if it was moved to mining, I wouldn't be the least bit put off, either.

That said, I can kinda understand the need for open access right now, until testing is complete.
Mosheninkov Wrote:why on earth would the mining station or part of it be made all-access to enable chucklefucks to access the smelter when the whole point of this suggestion (which is a good suggestion imo) is to make it so that every chucklefuck CAN'T access the smelter and people actually have to cooperate with other parts of the station to get stuff they want/need

this is good to9o
Mining is hilariously easy to hack your way into, though somewhat annoying since it has more interior doors to hack than most other departments. People will break in, access or no.
just throw a QM/Miner access door up between it and the warehouse