Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AI spawns, how they should work
Currently when we don't get an AI selected for the round we just spawn without one entirely. That is bad.
Really we should just spawn with an AI core with no "personality" installed in it. That way we can have two things:
1: people who have the steal the AI core processor can actually complete their objective if they want to (the core would produce a shriveled ai processor)
2: if anyone wants to "Volunteer" to become the AI, they actually can.

I see no reasons why this doesn't exist.
This is a good idea because it'd also let people modify the cyborgs' laws if they want to even if there's no AI present.
Is it possible to setup more then one AI though?
Also a means of wrestling control.

Would be funny to have someone donate their brain to fight the rogue AI via access.

Error: Rogue user detected, initiating virtual combat protocol.
You could also have multiple AI's just to help multitask, having one watch some dude while the other opens doors, or control bots if something like that ever gets added for the AI.
Multiple AIs makes me think of Bay's PDA AI thing. I dunno man but I do really like the idea of the core spawning without an AI just so you can change the laws for borgs.
I'll also agree with this.

On Bay code, you can construct an entire AI from the ground up, insert someone's brain into it, then boot them up as an AI.

one of Baycode's objective is similar "Steal a functional AI", which, if there's no AI, involves you kidnapping someone, yanking their brain out, then forcing them to be an AI and finally stealing that AI.

So I definitely agree with this; either make an empty AI spawn or allow for full on construction of AI's.

Really interesting scenarios arise when one AI has one set of laws and one has another
Yeah, this is something I've wanted for a while. Having an empty core spawning in every round would be nice. Being able to build cores would be even better.

Spy_Guy Wrote:This is a good idea because it'd also let people modify the cyborgs' laws if they want to even if there's no AI present.
+ also this
Believe it or not, but after observing trading merchants and their goods, AI cores are a rare sale for some ridic-crazy prices. I don't get it. Why code something that nobody's ever going to be able to afford, or even if they do they have to get some lucky RNG to have the right merchant?

Have it sold at the QM at a price of half the QM budget. Pretty straight forward.

Also I agree the core should spawn empty on a low pop round.
Sundance Wrote:Believe it or not, but after observing trading merchants and their goods, AI cores are a rare sale for some ridic-crazy prices. I don't get it. Why code something that nobody's ever going to be able to afford, or even if they do they have to get some lucky RNG to have the right merchant?
Are you talking about the AI neural net processor? I've never seen a core for sale, only ever blank NNPs.
Having two AIs at once is apparently fucking awesome.

This NEEDS to happen more often.
Noah Buttes Wrote:This NEEDS to happen more often.
More often? It's possible and happened?
It only happens due to admin interference (including an AI that had to leave and adminhelped). It's also a bit buggy, especially regarding laws and ion storms.
Fragmaster Lee Wrote:
Noah Buttes Wrote:This NEEDS to happen more often.
More often? It's possible and happened?

sometimes the admins start rounds with more than one AI. i've seen like, 4 at once. beautiful chaos.