AffableGiraffe's Head of Security Application
Usual Character Name: Lily Lilington

BYOND Username: AffableGiraffe

Recommended by (if applicable): bubs, Haine & YJHGHTFH

Times Available: depends on my class schedule; in july thru september i have trig classes on tuesday, wednesday and thursday from 4pm to 7pm, so theoretically i'm free any other time. depends on what work i got.

Reason for Application (300 word minimum): i don't know if i have a vigilante instinct or if i'm just scum, but more often than not i arm myself Way Too Much. this used to lead to more shitty vigilante behavior but nowadays not so much (don't believe a goddamn word dave says). i basically would like to translate this into actual acceptable behavior, because who doesn't like a good supercop head of security?

let's see... i would very much like to collect every job, since i go random every round with every job as medium priority and all traitors turned on, so this would just completely my collection and that'd be pretty rad. does this count as a compelling argument? christ if i know.

as much as i complain about being security, that's more for show than anything. i actually do very much enjoy going around and taking down bad guys and occasionally being bribed by the lowly proletariat. and i also would like to think that i'm very (no pun intended) vigilant, since i like to go through rooms and maintenance hallways that most people tend to avoid. i'd also call myself decently able to defend myself, since if i die i usually bring it upon myself, rather than being caught off guard or being stupidly unable to actually engage in combat without falling apart.
jeez, okay, what else do i write. i guess i really like being a head of some sort, trying to bring organization in some form, even if it disintegrates at some point. i'm not at the level of control freak, but being in some sort of control is more of a relief than a stresser for me. i do my best to be empathetic and reasonable, especially towards traitors if 1. it's early in the round or 2. they're relatively harmless. hopefully this makes me less of a piece of shit than some heads of security can, and tend to be expected, to be.

Security Experience (300 word minimum): i don't seriously play security as often as i should, but even when i slack off i tend to try my best to help, even as a civil officer rather than a part of the goddamn military. there uh, there was that one time i played as a grizzled war veteran, that was pretty cool. imo sec gimmicks are a fun + cool thing to do.

i think the last round of security i did summarizes my sec mindset pretty well. last night, on server #1 when the population was relatively low, i encountered an ad placed on a notice board (very unusual for anything to be on those, really) that advertised a traitor as a hitman. around the time i noticed that, i saw my fellow sec officer crawling up calling for help, and a traitor running away with a radbow. i noted his description, since i could not actually catch his name, and dragged my fellow officer to medbay and, noticing there were no medical doctors, i took it upon myself to heal them from the massive radiation damage they sustained. i'd like to think of myself as a good multitasker, so i asked the ai to first look for the culprit based on description (my colleague did catch his name, thankfully) and to trap him to the best of their ability. i uh. i did die to that traitor since i didn't consider their massive array of weapons, but in the end they were caught by my colleague for revenge. due to how goddamn long it took for him to be beaten to death, i'm pretty sure he was on donks so i wouldn't have been able to stop him myself, really.
so minus the whole "death" thing, i think i did a pretty okay job as sec that round. i mean... i am pretty sure that "dying en masse to hyped up traitors" is part of the job description anyway.

In your opinion, what are the flaws and benefits of the current security layout (brig, cells, security room etc): i suppose it can't be helped at this point, but the fact that the doors stay open for so long leads to a lot of people being easily able to just walk through the doors, and it's difficult to close the door behind you when you have a culprit in hand.

on that same note, i think that there's a bit of disorganization due to the similar appearance of the different chutes in security. mainly, it's too easy to accidentally brig someone rather than send them on parole, or to flush someone down disposals rather than brig them. i don't know if this could be helped either, but if there was some way to differentiate the different chutes things would run a lot more smoothly (different colored floor tiles, maybe?).

Your opinion of Shrek (5 word minimum): i am still a member of the church of shrek. bless our lord.

Previous Bans (While this will not affect your application lying about it will): none, though i was warned for my language liiike twice before, like a year ago or something. little slip-ups that i've grown out of.
Sure. I support this.
Plus I think a giraffe in a beret would be hilarious
skybee may not support you but I still do
Readster Wrote:Plus I think a giraffe in a beret would be hilarious
you asked for it.

[Image: gELsiY3.png]
i dont think my vote counts b/c of reasons but yes i support this
AffableGiraffe Wrote:you asked for it.

APPROVED
as far as I'm concerned
Sure why not? I think it would be funny as hell to have an always pissed off HoS sometimes.
Probably one of the more level headed permanently angry people I know of, I can verify that they'd make a good HoS.

I'm a little disappointed that you didn't put "I just want easy access to the shotguns" as your reason for application. Why doesn't anyone do that?
I'm fairly sure that I've had several instances with you where you just magdump your revolver into perps as a detective for crummy reasons. I'm personally going to have to say no for now but I'll see if that changes.
From what I have seen of you, and your art, I will say yes for sure!
I saw yes since Lily seems ok to me and her Artwork is amazing.
Ali0en Wrote:I'm fairly sure that I've had several instances with you where you just magdump your revolver into perps as a detective for crummy reasons. I'm personally going to have to say no for now but I'll see if that changes.
i uh, i'm actually not sure what you mean since i haven't played detective recently and i certainly don't remember actually catching anyone besides once or twice?
AffableGiraffe Wrote:
Readster Wrote:Plus I think a giraffe in a beret would be hilarious
you asked for it.

Works for me. Approved.
it's very important to be irrationally angry as a truly great hos

approved obviously i recommended you
Deffo approved.