Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Minor bot improvements
Some small changes to robots I'd like to see implemented:

Put an option in the behavioral controls for medbots (medibots?) for them to remain stationary. This would be helpful so that you can have remain one right next to an operating table to keep people alive during surgery, or so that you can put some in the medbay lobby and have them stay there. The message one gives when it sees an injured person would change to something like "You're injured! Come over here and I'll patch you up!".

A harder to implement but better option not for just medbots, but all robots would be an option for them to not leave the room they're in.

Let cleanbots patrol like securitrons do. The ability to set a couple of them patrolling in the halls would do wonders to alleviate the ever present lack of a janitor that actually does his job. Maybe even have a named one patrolling at round start.
Maybe there could be some kind of hand held programming device. Plug in some behaviors, then wack a bot with it to transfer them.

You could set up a route by clicking on tiles to set relay points, or border lines they can't cross. Set up things like medbots that trail someone by hitting a person and then the bot you want to follow them.
That sounds cool, but copying and pasting some code from securitrons is a bit more realistic.
So basically all the RD needs to do to win at traitoring is create a medibot and guard buddy army, set them to protect the rd, and then walk around killing people with a weapon.
Yeah I can see that being abused. A bot army for a traitor.
atomic1fire Wrote:So basically all the RD needs to do to win at traitoring is create a medibot and guard buddy army, set them to protect the rd, and then walk around killing people with a weapon.
Yeah I can see that being abused. A bot army for a traitor.

you can already do this though? not with medibots, but you can do that with buddies
How about we don't have the other bots hooked up to DWAINE, but use the beepsky command system instead.
Currently Sec officers can set beepsky to stop patrolling, patrol, and summon him all from their PDA!

Maybe medics could do the same with medibots, and janitors the same with clean bots, etc.
The securitron control program rapidly becomes useless with more than a couple of securitrons active, though, it gets so buggy and slow as to be useless.
Lavastage Wrote:How about we don't have the other bots hooked up to DWAINE, but use the beepsky command system instead.
Currently Sec officers can set beepsky to stop patrolling, patrol, and summon him all from their PDA!

Maybe medics could do the same with medibots, and janitors the same with clean bots, etc.

Agree with this in addition to the ability for medibots not to patrol.