Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Small change to VR
Can we make it more difficult to force someone into a VR pod? I just had a guy smash me into VR over and over and over again and I really couldn't do anything to stop him. He only needed a simple grasp to do it, I took damage every time, and when I exited VR, I was super vulnerable because of the way in which exiting VR/Medbay machines works, where you end up on your back. It's incredibly cheap and annoying and unfortunately shitty little shitlords (Jacker Chan was his name, FYI) will abuse mechanics like this.
jflan17 Wrote:Can we make it more difficult to force someone into a VR pod? I just had a guy smash me into VR over and over and over again and I really couldn't do anything to stop him. He only needed a simple grasp to do it, I took damage every time, and when I exited VR, I was super vulnerable because of the way in which exiting VR/Medbay machines works, where you end up on your back. It's incredibly cheap and annoying and unfortunately shitty little shitlords (Jacker Chan was his name, FYI) will abuse mechanics like this.
We abuse that with disposal chutes too. You can pull someone into a disposal chute while you are in it yourself.
KikiMofo Wrote:
jflan17 Wrote:Can we make it more difficult to force someone into a VR pod? I just had a guy smash me into VR over and over and over again and I really couldn't do anything to stop him. He only needed a simple grasp to do it, I took damage every time, and when I exited VR, I was super vulnerable because of the way in which exiting VR/Medbay machines works, where you end up on your back. It's incredibly cheap and annoying and unfortunately shitty little shitlords (Jacker Chan was his name, FYI) will abuse mechanics like this.
We abuse that with disposal chutes too. You can pull someone into a disposal chute while you are in it yourself.

That can be as helpful as it is annoying, though.

The VR thing though, I don't think you're supposed to take damage when someone grabs you and clicks on the VR pod; it should work like sleepers and genetics scanners, shouldn't it?

That said, you make a decent point. Maybe (Just maybe) there should be a dialog box that opens when you get into a vr pod asking you to log in instead of doing it automatically? That might be sorta lame, though.

I'm kinda wondering what happens when you sleepy-pen someone and put them into VR, like will they be conscious in there? I wonder.