Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GorillaMyDreams, Gibbed 3, November 30th, 2012
Just a minor gripe, really.

I was running a Vice Officer/Medical Doctor gimmick involving a "crime virus" and overreacting to things happening on the station. He spawned a whole bunch of roburgers in the bar and I thought it'd be an alright thing to yoink 'em in produce satchels, announce the fact over the radio, and get the crew to murder me horribly while crying out about the crime pandemic.

I get a PM after the first satchel is filled and am immediately cluwned before I can explain myself. I had another guy running the gimmick with me in Medbay and he seemed sort of bummed over deadchat that I wasn't cluttering the radio anymore.

It's nothing big, but I did have a decent reason for snatching roburgers. I was eagerly expecting death at the hands of the borged crew, but oh well! I'd just like the guy to listen first before hitting buttons next time.
GMD prison zoned me for rescuing a cluwne getting brutally mobbed to death.
In prison, I was waiting around doing my time and then there's another guy that pops up. I try to make idle chatter but am promptly muted. Aannd left to rot in there.

I think GMD's problem is that he doesn't like anyone messing with his gimmicks.

Either way, not a big deal, just a lesson: avoid his gimmicks.
If there's a cluwne and no wizard around, and you try to save the cluwne, you're likely interfering with our attempts to punish someone without banning them. it's not a good thing
I spawned roburgers for everyone to enjoy and you try to be a butt and steal them all come on don't be a jerk like that. I was watching you to see if you were just going to take one or two stacks when instead I saw you take a whole row with the intent to take even more.
Well, if you had bothered to tell me that at the time, I would've understood. I had literally just joined and was running past the chapel when I saw the whole proceedings taking place.

Instead you prison-zoned me, ignored my subsequent adminhelps and then muted me for the rest of the round.
Uh no Btek the problem with you is that you like to try and help people avoid getting punished; like when I clearly advertise a cluwne that needs a beating or some shit in comes you trying to 'rescue' him despite my clear broadcasts otherwise. So I put you in time out.

PS: I run no 'gimmicks' I just see people acting like jerks or some such when I'm trying to do something for all the crew to enjoy. We've all tried to run something or another and had one or many jackasses being jackasses and ruining it and pissing people off and etc.
I'll admit that I was going to get carried away with robbing the entire bar of roburgers, but I wish you would have talked to me instead of the immediate cluwne: I dropped everything in that one satchel the very second you PMed me.

I like and respect admin gimmicks, but I didn't know what you wanted to do! I'm very damn sure those borgs would have loved a fourth law that involved beating me into a bloody mess. I just wish you'd hold on a bit in the future; I'm not a guy who griefs. If you've got a qualm, let me know and we'll talk it out.
Honestly it seems kinda dickish to immediately go into punishment mode for someone being a Hamburglar. I mean you probably should have shot him a quick "you best put them burgers back" beforehand. Also someone being hunted down without mercy by the crew as he clings desperately to sack of stolen burgers sounds hilarious and punishing him for doing that is dumb. Should have just put out a centcom announcement commanding the crew to crack his skull and retrieve his burgerbag or made some more burgers.
Best thing if you run a gimmick is to see where it goes rather than try to force it one way or another really. I'm not trying to dogpile or nothing but if you're running a gimmick and trying to hard-force it to go a particular way it's not really in the spirit of the game.
GorillaMyDreams Wrote:Uh no Btek the problem with you is that you like to try and help people avoid getting punished; like when I clearly advertise a cluwne that needs a beating or some shit in comes you trying to 'rescue' him despite my clear broadcasts otherwise. So I put you in time out.

PS: I run no 'gimmicks' I just see people acting like jerks or some such when I'm trying to do something for all the crew to enjoy. We've all tried to run something or another and had one or many jackasses being jackasses and ruining it and pissing people off and etc.

BTW, i recall something along the lines of "Space the heretic [or something like that]". I figured that saving the cluwne would've added a bit more intrigue, and a healthy dose of discomposure.

I'll accept a minor punishment (being cluwned, gibbing etc.) but imo, it was kind of rude of you to ignore me, then mute me and leave me to rot in the prison zone the rest of the round.